It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creature found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Just to show thatthere are still a few interesting things left in this world.

"Initially we were puzzled why every worm was a female," Vrijenhoek said in a telephone interview. He said Rouse took some worms to his laboratory for study and discovered tiny male worms living inside the females

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
ewww a bone eating worm
fascinating, how nature cleans up after itself.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thats a great find! Nature is so weird!!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Thats a great find! Nature is so weird!!

Hahaha, imho, you don't have to look further then the nearest mirror to see how wierd nature is!!

I don't even wana know how many and what kinds of parasites live in our own boddy's. I know of some of the unfriendly intrusive ones and its kinda nasty to think our body is a system of several organismes forming a whole.

Our intestines and digestive system isn't pure "us" you know, our intestines are filled with bacteria that help us digest.
Even our bloodcells and stuff like that could be looked at as single cell creatures working in service of "us"

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
That is SO great! I fricken love nature!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Apparently next James Cameron (Titanic) movie is going to be about life on Europa centered around sea floor volcanic vents, using the weird life observed on Earth's sea floor volcanic vents as a basis.

Not sure what that has to do with a worm with no mouth but I guess it goes to show life has a lot of different styles.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
woah, that's really wierd!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I was watching a TV show a few days ago Ray Meare this guy picks up a tarantula the size of 2 human hands he's some expert in this area and just go's this is one I've never seen before right there a new discovery possibly it never went any further with.

It just went on to say that there are parts of the jungle that man has never even set foot in. So it makes you wonder just what else is out there waiting to be found.

[edit on 30/9/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I guess thats just goes to show that truth certainly is stranger than fiction.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
there must be hundreds of undiscovered creatures still esp deep in the ocean where even sophisticated equipment cant reach

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
bone eating worms??weird

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I love watching shows about the deep ocean the animals we do find are pretty much like aliens to land lifeforms they are so strange.

About 95% of the deep ocean is unexplored and unknown. The deep ocean is really the last frontier on earth. We have things like the giant squid we have never seen alive in the deep ocean. If they didnt wash up on shore we might never known about them. We cant even find a monster of a animal like that and we are looking for them I cant even imagine what eles is down there.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I read about these critters a while back somewhere. Truly wierd! Just goes to show that nature is the ultimate recycler!

top topics

join