It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA are you messing with Canadian politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Folks we are swimming in a sea of spin and propaganda tonight!!

Don't get me wrong Osama B L was not innocent but I think he had as much to do with 911 as Lee Harvey Oswald had to do with shooting JFK.

Being Canadian I have a beef with the timing.
Our Conservative PM Harper got a national TV spot the night before the election telling how we should be proud to play our part in fighting the terrorists who endanger our freedoms etc etc.
Very well designed and professionally delivered by our solid leader.
Perfect timing given he has taken a huge hit in the polls for being too American (Corporate tax cuts, Big defense budget, smear tactics,) the Canadian Bush to put it short.

Blam the night before we head to the polls; Free campaign time to connect with all Canadian voters on a real emotional subject that just happens to be a major difference between him and the NDP. What a stroke of luck WOW.
Could it be because The New Democratic Party or NDP has shot through the roof and are threatening to unseat Harper?
If Layton's NDP get in the North American Union people will be pissed. The NDP are a grass roots for the little guy type of party that people are turning to and has taken the Conservatives and the Liberals by surprise. They have never been able to win more than a few seats. But the people seem to be out to prove a point and the big dogs are at a loss as to what to do. There are sleazy hit pieces showing up STORY National addresses to support our role in the war on terror. WTF
If the polls are right and the NDP do make a historic showing then the NWO/NAU agenda would hit a major snag.

No F-35 bail out from Canada!!!!!!!! No more brother in arms against the Terrorists. No more "deep integration".

A roll back on the USA/corporate direction Harper has taken us in makes sense up here.
We don't mess around and make enemies all over.. so why do we have to suck up to the fear machine and fight for the corporations????.

For the record I'm not voting NDP but my girlfriend is pissed.

Keep out of our politics America we are a village up here not an empire.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The UK has more interference in Canadian politics then the US combined as Canada is a Commonwealth which means no free elections.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I didn't even know about the NDP push in the polls until yesterday. I didn't know about this Osama crap until tonight around midnight. What time was Harper's address? Was it prime time?!

This may be ignorant or insensitive, but this Osama stuff reads like a cheesy celebrity headline. He seems so insignificant. I think it ranks up there with the death of Anna Nicole Smith.

S+F

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Dam right they're not free they cost the tax payers like 300 mil.
Well it is possible but not obvious like you state. You could make a case that the city of London owns the US and Canada outright. But Layton is a different cat I don't think they saw him getting this much support. He is out of the loop and probably thinks he can make real changes. That would be nice for a change. He better get some good bodyguards though. For real.
edit on 2-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: add info

edit on 2-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BilboBob

It was about 10:45 pm Mountain time after the Obama show on CBC it cut through everything.

Pretty late for the east coast though.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If I was a Canadian I'd vote for Jack Layton in a flash. He's the only leader up there that has any sense. Go NDP!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yeah I'll vote NDP on a federal level, but green locally. I don't think Elizabeth May is a bad candidate either, I just don't think she'll get anywhere. If this were a decade into the future you might see Green as a major contender.
edit on 2-5-2011 by BilboBob because: typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I talked with Elizabeth May and Big George Laroch in Calgary last week. I think they're headed for a good election they have my vote.

Ohh I found the clip well part of it :Harper's National we got him speech

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I know, wasn't that completely odd that 15 mins after Obama it is announced that Canadian Prime minister Harper would be addressing the nation, and that he had a lovely little memorized speech just like Obama. The whole thing was too fishy, and my exactly words to my friend over FB just after 11 pm last night (when people were going crazy with Osama status updates) 'hmmm it's Sunday, and almost midnight with a good chunk of North America already in bed... elections tomorrow... news about Japan and Libya have been quiet lately... what do you suppose is going on somewhere in the world right now as the majority of global media outlets are currently being over saturated with news about Osama's 'death'? seems like the perfect time to be doing something fishy...."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

I was thinking it might have something to do with the 65 F-35's we will buy if the Con's get a majority. Layton would probably buy something a little less flashy/problematic. Canadas Jet proposal

It seems the military complex is loosing a little money (for a change) on this particular jet.F-35 problems!

This letter raises some flags for me as well: Nader's letter to the PM

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinorityReporter

I talked with Elizabeth May and Big George Laroch in Calgary last week. I think they're headed for a good election they have my vote.

Ohh I found the clip well part of it :Harper's National we got him speech

Yeah, I'm pissed too. I don't tend to vote NDP - I'm more of a "not Harper". But he was polling ahead and all of a sudden it's like a rabbit was pulled out of a hat to give Harper a HUGE boost. The Toronto Stock Exchange is over 14K again too.

The fact is, this operation was planned well in advance. That much is established fact, undisputed. So WHY did they pick this weekend?

The Royal Wedding knocked the EU investigation into teh big banks out of the headlines there, and the timing of the Bin Laden raid is incredibly suspect. They could have done it too weeks ago (but I guess didn't want to take away from the publicity of the Wedding), and they could have easily done it next week. Or even tomorrow.

Ironically, wasn't the code word for the Saudi 19 'The Wedding'??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by loagun

This is going back a while so I don't know if you remember but there was a speech in 2003 regarding Iraq, terrorism and so on by the Australian PM at the time. This was in 2003. I forget how much later, but it wasn't much, the same speech was read by Harper as the Opposition Leader at the time in parliament, VERBATIM.

Yeah, there's no question they take their orders from someone.

Canada's biggest power broker, Paul Desmarais, is also a member of the Carlyle group...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6
The fact is, this operation was planned well in advance. That much is established fact, undisputed. So WHY did they pick this weekend?

I think the Osama stage has run its course and the baggage is being cut loose to free up some assets. And why not give their favorite PM a bump in the process. It makes real sense for the fascist USA to not loose its hold over Canadian politics. More bang for the buck.

Believe me I hope I'm just being paranoid here.
edit on 2-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: Add

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I guess I was wrong to believe this when it came out. Poor lady she was in the way of the plan.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well here we go heading to the polls now. Anyone can follow here
I'll be away for the afternoon If we end up with a Harper Majority I'll be at the pub getting pissed.
edit on 2-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: fix link

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The UK has more interference in Canadian politics then the US combined as Canada is a Commonwealth which means no free elections.

Care to explain that one??!!

AS for the OP postulate - why waste such a publicity coup on a minor player like Canada?

There was a much more obvious time for it to be sprung - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It wasn't just for Canada I think Obama is on that horse as well.
A Harper majority is big money for the Folks at lougheed martin. Billions and Billions

George W Bush had run his course besides there are laws prohibiting extra terms as Pres.

Birth cert~~ Royal Marriage ~~Death Seems like one of those elite signposts to me.

edit on 2-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: more to add

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MinorityReporter

Of course Bush couldn't get re-elected - you should have read the post properly!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sorry sir It'll never happen again promise

Have any other wisdom to share?

Mccain would have needed a lot more than that to beat the new wave Obamanation.

Well I guess Canada is full of fascists

I think I'm going to throw up now

edit on 3-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MinorityReporter

It was about 10:45 pm Mountain time after the Obama show on CBC it cut through everything.

Pretty late for the east coast though.

This is if I'm not mistaken was The Latest Press Confrenece ever held by The White House breaking the previous record which was over the budget comprimise of 1100pm EST. This was held at 1130pm! Get this, he's up, awake and still working and about to wrap the day up.

top topics

join