It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Hungry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I live in Washington state, and both my dad and I have been losing weight, I went from 135 to 120 My dad, 140 down to 125.

We have been eating a lot less because we are not hungry, my neighbor reported the same.

Anyone else experienced this??

edit on 1-5-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I go through times like that too. I have been that way most of my life..some days I only eat one meal and then maybe just crackers or bread as a snack..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tygart

Sometimes yes, my diet is actually pretty slim at the moment and as a result so am I. May I suggest taking up running/exercising? That is one great way to increase an appetite. That is, assuming, you aren't into such activities already - If you are disregard my comment and hope that you find a solution/the cause to the problem.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i've gone a day without food, a day without water. its pretty normal if you're not thinking about it. but if your sitting there wondering why you're not hungry it would be best to eat something like a banana anyways and have a glass of water. just to be safe.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It really depends on any lifestyle shift, or any significant shift in your routine.

For example, have you stopped eating breakfast? Your body's metabolism won't activate until you eat your first meal of the day. People that eat breakfast can easily eat three meals a day, and not be uncomfortable.

Have you been sleeping late? Have you been recently laid off from your job, (I have!) to where you get to sleep late, and relax? If your not doing anything, your appetite can relax itself, and your metabolism will slow.

Also, how old are you? What were your eating habits before this sudden decline in appetite?

Personally, I am a 16 year old male, who works out compulsively. I have been fighting with myself for the past few months on whether I should eat breakfast or not. I never have my whole life, but I don't want to ruin my metabolism. Today for example, I had a bowl of cereal and some home made muffins for breakfast. I did my workouts, and sat around for a while, then not even five minutes ago, I had three more muffins. Now I will be good until dinner.

That is an unusual scenario for me. I will usually eat one meal a day. I skip breakfast, and lunch, and have a big meal when I get home from school. I am uncomfortable for about an hour, but then I am fine. Then rinse and repeat. It's horrible for my body, but I don't like the feeling of food in my stomach. I'm a weirdo

Weekends and weekday eating patterns change.

It all depends on your personal life, and how things are going for you and your Dad.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
To be honest. I weight 1.5 years ago. 100kg now i weigh 68kg. I just lost my apatite, and feel better then ever.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, well if this is normal then great, time to build some mussel.
I am 25 and my dad is 55, during the winter we have a lot of time to relax, but we get really busing during summer.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
In the last 10 months I have lost a lot of weight. Sometimes I get really hungry but most days I have to force myself to eat anything. I still eat 3 small meals every day and snack on jello, yogurt, or whatever fruit I have around the house. I also take a vegetarian blend of active B vitamins along with Co Q10 and other enzymes. Never felt better in my life and getting the right vitamins has almost completely eliminated the carpel tunnel symptoms, among other ailments, I had a year ago without any other treatment.

Whether you are trying to lose weight, or not, it's dangerous to fool yourself into thinking you don't have to eat. You lose muscle mass as fast as you lose fat if you don't eat anything and that is not good for your heart. It's better to eat at least 3 small meals a day. Even if you only have a banana and some milk or something for breakfast. Eating small will keep your metabolism going and the right vitamins will keep your brain functioning normally.

Hundreds of chemical reactions happen in your body and brain. I'm sure you've heard of people with a chemical imbalance. If you don't get the right nutrients your body doesn't function correctly and your health deteriorates.

Also, it might sound crazy, but exercise actually does make you feel better and gives you more energy over time. Something as simple as a walk in the park everyday will make you feel more energetic if you eat right and stick with it.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm 28, 6ft and 155lbs. Was about 150lb last year, and 140lb the year before that. My diet is good, I just need to start a regular exercise program and stick with it before age 30.

Btw, I've gone more than a few days without food before without major problems. Just water and water soluble vitamins. Not recommended, but happens sometimes when people go manic. Another occasion last year was a 72hr incarceration. I had about three liters of the fluoride filled water and no food, or vits. It was a breeze.

edit on 1-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
me neither, even feel that in a stronger way in the summer..

well, eating less is good, anyway..

it does not bother me..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
are you kidding m?? I went 4 days without eating I thought I was Jesus lol this is weird because you guys have reported not hungry. When I see kids on TV suffering it makes me not hungry and makes me HATE things like where they make the biggest burger and crap... you know what I man??

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I flippen wish I wasn't hungry................

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
this is why i take medical marijuana...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Update:

We both went on a diet, stopped eating any meat products for now, replaced it with beans, lentos, fruits and vegetables. Then we are reading about "Food Combining For Better Digestion", and that is helping a lot.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join