It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have secretly become a believer in Jesus as Christ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There are many Jews who have come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. and though many jews have begun sentences as ' We jews believe such and such ' ..there are those who are Blessed enough to come to Belief.
There is no doubt in my mind and heart that all the many jews who are being led to Christ today are being called, even by the power of Asking Him for belief they are surely given. just as any human are able to.

I have found a beautiful compilation of jews who have given a powerful statement regarding how they believe Jesus to be viewed worldwide.. many of who's words touched me to post this topic..

www.christianchallenge.org...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So, what turned you onto to Jesus? Do you believe in the Christian doctrine? I'm Jewish and do not believe in the Christian doctrines. Very different then Judaism. Jews for Judaism and Messiah Truth sites are great. As well Outreach Judaism.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
In response to revealing the faith in Jesus, a Pastor had this to say:

" A great many Jewish people find Jesus the same way that you did. Some time back we had a gentleman visiting our services. He would come in after worship began and then leave just before the end of my ministry.
It was only after a bit I discovered that he was on the board of the local Jewish temple. To make a long story short, this gentleman was being drawn to the Lord Jesus. And, yes, he became a true believer. He is serving the Lord today. "
Many jewish philosophers, zionist leaders, authors give their words..

Hans Joachim Schoeps:

"I would even go so far as to declare that perhaps no gentile can come to God the Father otherwise than through Jesus Christ.... The Christian who, according to his belief, comes to the Father through Jesus Christ ... stands before the same God in whom we Jews believe, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of Moses our teacher, to whom Jesus also said 'Father.'"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That's a hell of a way to keep a secret.

That aside; I've found that people, no matter what their religion or beliefs will find the "truth" that suits them best eventually, and it seems that you have done that. I have a friend who was raised Jewish, but when she reached her mid-forties she decided that that religion never really met her needs, or answered enough of her questions about the universe. She became more interested in Earth Spirits, and how everything is connected, and never looked back. She's been happy ever since.
I've said it before; to each their own.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Among my favorite quotes =]

Max Nordau, author and Zionist leader:
"Jesus is the soul of our soul as he is the flesh of our flesh. Who then could think of excluding him from the people of Israel? St. Peter will remain the only Jew who said of the Son of David: 'I know not the man.' If the Jews up to the present have not rendered homage to the sublime beauty of the figure of Jesus, it is because their tormentors have always persecuted, tortured and assassinated in his name."

Baruch Spinoza, the great Jewish philosopher:

"Christ was not so much a prophet as the mouthpiece of God. Christ was sent to teach not only Jews, but the whole human race; and therefore it was not enough that his mind should be accommodated to the opinions of the Jews alone, but also to the opinion and fundamental teaching common to the whole human race; in other words, to ideas universal and truth."
www.christianchallenge.org...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

You didn't answer my question. Are you Jewish? Do you have a knowledgeable Jewish background? What do you believe about Jesus that will differ now?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

A Jew who believes in Jesus as his/her "Lord and Savior" has become a Christian. Even if not a formal member of a church group that person is a Christian theologically.

The halacha (B.T. Sanhedrin 44a) recognizes the biologic link to the Jewish people as inviolate, but also recognizes that as long as one remains an apostate one is not considered to be part of the Jewish community. A willing convert, whether formally or informally, forfeits his/her legal and social rights, which express a Jew's belonging to the Jewish people.

A Jew must meet, actively or inactively, the fundamental biblical stipulation: "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7). God declares: "I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no God" (Isaiah 44:6). Surely, a belief in "God the Father," "God the Son," and "God the Holy Spirit" does not satisfy God's command even when one claims that these three distinct personages are really a tri-unity.

Even to make Jesus into "a god" but not God Himself denies God's declaration that He lone is God. Such a belief creates a dualistic system of shared divinity unrelated to the eachings of the Jewish Scriptures.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I have been told that if I don't believe in Jesus as my savior I am going straight to Hell after I die. This seems like a compelling reason for me to believe in Jesus particularly since I have also been told that there is no consequence within Judaism if I believe in Jesus. Therefore, I have nothing to lose by believing in Jesus, so why shouldn't I believe in him as my savior?

Answer: Actually, belief in Jesus is a horrendous sin with grave consequences for any Jew who professes to do so. To understand this let us look at the tragic apostasy of the Northern Kingdom of Israel and its dominant tribe, Ephraim. God, speaking through the prophet Hosea declares, "When Ephraim spoke with trembling, he became exalted in Israel; but when he became guilty through Baal, he died" (Hosea 13:1). When they served God, Ephraim was "exalted," but when they became guilty of idol worship and remained unrepentant despite prophetic warnings to cease their sinful ways they signed their own death warrant. Ephraim died a spiritual death long before it suffered national destruction. From the prophetic message we learn that apostates, even during their lifetime are reckoned as dead as long as they remain unrepentant. The prophet not only denounces belief in molten images fashioned by craftsmen, but also those who trust in a false savior- god: "And I am the Lord your God from the land of Egypt, and gods beside Me you should not know, and there is no savior but Me" (Hosea 13:4). God desires the apostate's repentance and beckons him/her to renounce iniquity: "From the clutches of the grave I would ransom them, from death I would redeem them, I will be your words of death; I will decree the grave upon you. Remorse shall be hidden from My eyes" (Hosea 13:14). For the apostate who does not repent, God says, "I will decree the grave upon you." In a more literal sense, "I will be the cause of your being cut off to the grave." Katavcha, from the verb ketev, denotes "cutting" (e.g. Psalms 91:6). Its primary meaning is "to cut," but in Hosea 13:14, ketev takes on the secondary meaning "decree." In Hebrew, the primary word for decree is gezayra, the root of which is gezer, "to cut." There are a number of word roots in Hebrew whose primary meaning is "cutting," yet have a secondary meaning of a final, permanent decision or ruling (e.g., pasak, chakak, gezer, charatz, karat). As we see, the belief in the false savior-god Jesus is a grave sin. The unrepentant apostate is not only shunned and considered dead by the Jewish community. God Himself considers the unrepentant apostate as spiritually dead in this life and in physical death the apostate is all the more so "cut off."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleLL

" Surely, a belief in "God the Father," "God the Son," and "God the Holy Spirit" does not satisfy God's command even when one claims that these three distinct personages are really a tri-unity.

Even to make Jesus into "a god" but not God Himself denies God's declaration that He lone is God. Such a belief creates a dualistic system of shared divinity unrelated to the eachings of the Jewish Scriptures. "

by stating such things do not make them true.
to say such things would be to make GOD your puppet.

so " surely " you wouldn't be correct but assuming.

to be One.

One hand has 5 fingers..

One body has 5 limbs.

need i go on?

ONE is 3 letters.

E is 1 letter but.. ?

GOD is 3 letters

Him is 3 letters

Do you see? 1 can include ' more than ' and still remain 1, in this case..the Holy Trinity of GOD Almighty, The GOD of Israel
edit on 1-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
CHRISTIANITY

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie, who was his own father, can you live forever, if you symbolically eat his flesh & telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from you, that is present in all humanity, because a talking snake convinced a rib-woman to eat the fruit from a magical tree.

YEAH…THAT MAKES SENSE.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

But do you understand the concept of G-d in Judaism? G-d is inoperable! How can G-d have an image and then don't? The Trinity doesn't make sense when it goes against the Shema! Hear o' Israel G-d is "ONE"! Where is Jesus? You're either a secular Jew or not a Jew at all.
www.jewfaq.org...
www.jewsforjudaism.org...
Have fun with your paganism!!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

through baal and idol worship?? Christ is neither of these. but as as is your nature to hate the very ' gift of GOD ' as an unbeliever. I would truly not expect and less of you than blasphemy.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Jesus is not my G-d. Jesus cannot be G-d. There is no Trinity in the Torah. I would gladly die for my faith in "HaShem" then worship a pagan influence idol. Glad to see Christians acting as Jews to convert Jews.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I understand you're upset. you have every right to be. if i were raised by an unbelieving congregation who lied about my messiah simply because of traditions sake, i'd be pretty pissed off too!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well Jesus is the Christian Messiah. Not the Jewish Messiah. He never fulfilled one prophecy to be the Messiah!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Go over the requirements and see what you think after reading over them.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704

I understand you're upset. you have every right to be. if i were raised by an unbelieving congregation who lied about my messiah simply because of traditions sake, i'd be pretty pissed off too!

Amen! Welcome to the family.

What is very cool is looking at the OT and realizing that Jesus Christ is on every page. Every ritual, feast day, especially the tabernacle that Moses was told to build speaks of Jesus. There is nothing that cannot be linked to either Jesus's life, death, or resurrection.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The Son of GOD warned their would be persecution for belief in Him. He suffered through much pain Himself.....and ALL just to cause the loudest ripple effect ever in History for you and I

Persecution of Messianic Jews in Israel - Part 1 of 2

edit on 1-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Jesus said that you must only love your God and love your neighbor for salvation. This is also what the Torah says. All the rest of the Bible is commentary on this message. Luke 10 and 1 Corinthians 13.

Leviticus 19:18

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Who is your neighbor? According to Jesus, even your enemy. Apart from love, you have no salvation. Atonement is At-One-Ment with God. Peace can only come from a state of rest. Hate and judgment are states of activity against the nature of God. Hate represents breaking the sabbath.

Originally posted by DoubleLL

A Jew who believes in Jesus as his/her "Lord and Savior" has become a Christian. Even if not a formal member of a church group that person is a Christian theologically.

The halacha (B.T. Sanhedrin 44a) recognizes the biologic link to the Jewish people as inviolate, but also recognizes that as long as one remains an apostate one is not considered to be part of the Jewish community. A willing convert, whether formally or informally, forfeits his/her legal and social rights, which express a Jew's belonging to the Jewish people.

A Jew must meet, actively or inactively, the fundamental biblical stipulation: "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3, Deuteronomy 5:7). God declares: "I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no God" (Isaiah 44:6). Surely, a belief in "God the Father," "God the Son," and "God the Holy Spirit" does not satisfy God's command even when one claims that these three distinct personages are really a tri-unity.

Even to make Jesus into "a god" but not God Himself denies God's declaration that He lone is God. Such a belief creates a dualistic system of shared divinity unrelated to the eachings of the Jewish Scriptures.

edit on 1-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
No Jew who knows anything about his Torah can convert. Only a Jew ignorant of his own faith can buy the Christian story.

I was raised my whole life as a Christian. When I prayed earnestly for understanding and opened my Bible to Matthew chapter 1, studying it all my own for the very first time, it took all of ten minutes before it hit me all at once:

Christianity is NOT belief in Jesus. It is belief in Paul.

And when I look at the evidence surrounding Paul, and the unbelievable amount of INVENTED TRIPE in the new testament, I can't buy it. It's a collection of misquoted prophecies, verses taken out of context, and political maneuvering by Paul.

I strongly suggest you take a look at The Jesus Dynasty by James D Tabor. Very little in this book was new to me - but it is a very well-written compilation of the evidence I was finding on my own.

The Torah is a beautiful, complete story. It doesn't need anything extra.

I strongly believe in Jesus, that he existed and was important, but not that he came to be savior. His life is a great example, but after his death it was misconstrued completely. Sadly.

Christianity can be known by its fruit: all of it is rotten to the core, historically. And now it turns people completely to atheism when they see how rotten it is, and so instead of turning to the true God, they turn to disbelief and nature-worship.

Just sad.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Jesus said that you must only love your God and love your neighbor for salvation.

No, Jesus said those were the most important commandments. And those are the only commandments Jesus gave. We are "saved", (I don't like that word because the Bible speaks of salvation is 3 different tenses), by Jesus becoming sin for us, the father laid the sins of the world on His Son, and Jesus died for us, in our place.

The short version of the gospel, or "good news", of Jesus Christ is in 1 Corinthians chapter 15:

"Jesus died according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again after three days according to the scriptures."

Jesus left nothing for us to do to be "justified" before God, other than to trust Him. "It is finished!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join