It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is finally stepping up for his fellow Immigrants...Well maybe he is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Obama Pledges Help for Illegal Immigrant Grads

MIAMI (AP) — Stepping up his demand to change the nation's immigration laws, President Barack Obama on Friday promised graduates at a vast, multicultural community college that he'll keep working to help students not legally in the U.S. to become American citizens.The president's renewed endorsement of the DREAM Act, which has become a rallying cry for Hispanic and other students around the country, drew enthusiastic applause from more than 3,000 graduates of Miami Dade College at their commencement ceremony. The students are part of an increasingly important political constituency in a state that will be crucial to the president's 2012 re-election hopes.It was Obama's first commencement address of this graduation season. He called on students to take responsibility for the future and portrayed the United States as an optimistic land with vast opportunities. But the speech had a clear political tone as well, demanding that older Americans have proper access to health care and calling for an overhaul of the immigration system.

More than two dozen students, many of them undocumented, chanted and waved signs outside the graduation ceremony, calling on Obama to take executive action and halt the deportation of youths who would qualify for the DREAM Act. Inside, Obama said that he could not act on his own and that he needed Congress to change the law.
...ARTICLE

Well looks like Obama is at least saying that he is going to make steps to do something he promised a long time ago. I guess he feels that himself being an immigrant that he should try to help others like him...And we all know he is really an immigrant so dont throw that long form at me...Hes the President,he can have anything made up in a blink of an eye...
The funniest thing to me in the article which isnt suppose to be I dont think, is when Obama was quoted saying that he would need Congresses approval because he cant just do it himself...Well thats funny,he decided to jump into Libya all by himself but hes saying he cant do it on a much smaller scale to help these people that are just looking for a shot at a good life...Thats a joke,its all a joke...If he did that and he cant do this to help his own people because whether theyre immigrants or not I still consider them a part of this country then he is a joke and will forever be one in my book...

join