It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima - The US populance has moved on/doesn't care

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

When did they ever care?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Not to detract from this thread, but I wanted to mention it's not just the US populace...it's many many people the whole world over. I've talked to people I know here in Canada...and guess what...I'd say at least HALF didn't even know that the reactors were in any kind of trouble...much less that the problems could spread to other countries..it's sad really....

I can't even blame the msm on this for the most part...as that news was at least on there..but people choose to not bother to watch and keep current on events in the world if they don't immediately impact them. But first thing Friday morning my neighbour yelled from her porch..."so did you wake up early to watch the wedding??!!" I didn't even realize what the heck she was talking about at first as we don't share any friends and I couldn't figure out who's wedding I'd missed :/

Michelle

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In a natural disaster you can't stop mother nature, you can try to prepare if you can and just try to pick up the pieces afterward but what if this wasn't natural?

Surely there must be such talk of that around here cause it is kind of suspicious to me... and with the radiation spreading and what seems like obvious attempts, not so much to steer it away (not that no one is trying to steer the attention away)... but to assure people that it's not going to effect most people instead of being on alert.

That just seems like guilt to me.

I don't know. I'm trying not to get paranoid but it's been a strange day.
... plus the area this is happening in, the area is notable in my mind for various reasons.
edit on 1-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's not at all that we don't care, the flippin media think the royal wedding is more important and parading a bunch of pompous asses is whatt we want to see. Well guess what ? We don't. I very much care about this reactor, and I'm sure all the people that did before still do...!!!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And you got'a remember we here in the south have been experiancing the most prolific tornados that have ever been recorded. Upwards of over two hundred and fifty people known dead from this. so JUST WAIT A MINUTE, we'v had our hands full, so dont lable us as not caring.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The problem is not the Lemming people, they'll remain what they are because they've been produced and trained to do what they're destined to do... go over the cliff, whoops.

Not Press coverage from obviously bought MSM, nor the crooked Politicians either. They're protecting their bosses, and besides, an ongoing potential ELE is real as compared to other life threatening events: sun bursts, invisible planets and comets, 2012, NWO, etc etc.; are pie-in-the-sky (and future) disasters that scare people on these threads.

But who wants to be the first to panic and announce the "end of the World" (as we know it), and then be faced with months or years until it happens? After one talks about the "Death of all Life" the conversation takes a turn to the lessor details. So as I've mentioned before, until that moment, denial is probably the best course of inaction.

What the problem really is is a Reactor Site burning that can't be extinguished for a dozen years and meanwhile it's producing enough explosive gases to blow the whole thing sky-high and into a mess that decades couldn't repair, if ever. We've had 2 months, what will 2 years look like? And it may be burning through into the water table as you read this.

Gee, it's difficult to see a good side when the situation could go downhill so very fast but the REAL problem is that this site needs to be sealed, completely, and damn fast. But will years be available to prep for a natural burial and national Hari-Kari for Japan? Or will circumstances there push another more definitive crisis on to humanity?

The question World Powers must be asking is: "how do you stop this thing before it destroys us?" Barring another natural disaster in the area, what is Man's answer? What will other countries feel they must to do to save themselves when faced with years of seeping radiation especially if/when/if it gets worse? Talk or Act?

The situation is bad now but can our world survive years of serious radiation contamination? Not likely. And thus It might come to pass that those fires must be sealed... at all costs... and the moment will be so desperate that Man will risk his World in order to save it.

If a nuking happens it will be quickly and probably without warning by someone that's decided to let the chips fall where they may. And the question remains... what are the other option(s) if not this?

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling, punc.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: change content

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: spelling

edit on 1-5-2011 by Brown Bear because: add content

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
There is just so much going on in the world. Revolutions in so many countries. Disasters in Texas, Midwest tornado's, floods. France with Muslim veils, Israel/Palestine, Corporate Hacks, battles against Unions, birth certificates, Charlie Sheen, iPhone tracking, weddings, shuttle launches and on and on.

If this is the amount of information that we are receiving now, just imagine what it will be like in 10 more years or 20 or more.

There is just too much going on in the world to stay focused on one incident. Of course the Japan disaster is awful but so is the state of Texas burning up in a fire, so is the flooding going on in the midwest, so is the tornado damage.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The program does not allow to stand still to long with these events. Fat pigs run out of money, program focus on economy.

Personally I got numb by the sheer extend of all the events. Bp Birds. Civil wars, Tsunami ,Earthquackes etc. Thereś no end to it. It is the program. We have lost our ways.

My hearth goes out, it does. Only I am numb.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is going to sound bad..... I prayed for the people of japan I hope they rebuild and survive I wish them the best. But I'm more concerned with my family's well being, Not japan. I don't live there and never will. Not saying America is safe from what happened in japan, we are not. But i have more pressing issues then to worry about japan/turkey/Israel etc

Sorry man I feel bad for them, but getting ready for something like that here and making sure my family survives is my only concern, I'm sure japan is gearing up for the worst as well I wish them the best.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Like we've been saying for the longest time here on ATS, people are desensitized. People don't care about anything but themselves but when a big disaster comes they'll POST on their Facebook and Twitter to text 9280234 to RED CROSS to show they care. They'll shed a tear to show they care but that is the extent that they will do.

I've learned long ago that people don't care about any truth or inconvenience. They care about instant results and the only instant result is self-satisfaction.

I gave up on people but I still have faith in intelligence throughout the world, some are here with us on ATS.

I honestly believe WE are the future and WE must do something, whether collectively or independently.

P.S. I try my best to get real world news out to my friends in the most simplest way possible but nobody cares but I'll bet if I dye my hair red and post the photo on Facebook, I'll get 100 comments. The world is just sick.
edit on 1-5-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

I suppose it's easy to doubt reality from behind a deep fryer. But I have no doubt that with some education and work ethic, you too can be a productive member of society.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Like many have already said, its not that people don't care about what's happening in Japan and the nuclear issue, it's that they have lives and no one is simply going to stop everything and start talking about Fukishima all day ever day...

Talking is useless unless it leads to action, and quite literally any action by millions of American's is pointless in a case like this, there is nothing we can do to stop or prevent a Nuclear radiation crisis. In fact if we all tried to do something to fix the problem we would end up making things worse by having millions of people all trying to do the same thing, it would be like trying to fit everyone through a door all at once, meaning that no one would ever get through that door.

But what we can do is live our lives... Unless there is an immediate threat which is the only reason for anyone to ever take action in times of crisis. And the only reason why the news isn't covering it day in and day out is because its not news because we have all heard about what happened, the only thing they will cover now is any big changes in the situation and they will do so briefly but they won't hang on it forever. News companies are like any other company thus they need income, and no one wants to watch the same stuff being regurgitated over and over.

But does that mean that they don't care? No... almost certainly all of them do care, but in a case like this there is nothing we can do but discuss it and do whatever we can to limit the repercussions.

And for those who like to claim "American's don't care and never care about stuff like this, ignorant bla bla bla" you need to check yourself and the rest of the world. The amount of coverage and caring is equal throughout the world, the only places that might be paying more attention on a daily basis are those countries located near Japan. To try and label a country of 300+ million people as all being thoughtless and careless in times of crisis is like claiming that 300+ million oranges are all rotten because you found a handful of rotten oranges in your local vicinity. Generalizations never get anyone anywhere, and end up making yourself look quite foolish.

So that being said, do I care about what is happening? Sure, I'm concerned but I also have my daily life to attend to in order to maintain balance in my own life... just because things suck for someone else somewhere in the world doesn't mean that I should be doing everything in my power to better their lives, some call that selfish but being selfish has been mislabeled as something cruel... but how does one expect to help others when you can't help yourself? I also know that the world is far more resilient than people tend to believe. The earth isn't a weak and injured little planet, but rather a powerful cyclic system of balance. When one thing goes bad the earth has powerful ways of balancing things out, as I have always said before "everything in moderation". This means that you can't be all good and you can't be all bad, but you also can't be completely balanced and expect things to always be the same. A little bit of bad and a little big of good is what makes our bodies and our minds stronger and more resilient to any issues that might come our way. Being stagnant leads no where, thus the reason why we ever even evolve is out of necessity.... Because nothing is ever going to stay the same.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This explains it all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c0d564185f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I was and still am concerned about this disaster. There's not much that can be done, however. I learned pretty early on that the situation was so drastic that actually informing people of the truth does more harm than good. I've seen innocent faces literally wilt when I explained radiation to them, and then told them how the Japanese Government was letting school kids play in radioactive play grounds.

Very intelligent people can't even comprehend what's happening because most people don't know about the actual physics of radioactivity and radioactive elements. They can't comprehend electrons scattering haphazardly for thousands of years, destroying any DNA molecule that may come in its path. They can't see it, taste it, or smell it...so it might as well not be there.

I myself have taken precautions to protect myself from radiation. It is very hard. I stopped drinking tap water. But I am having a hard time staying away from dairy products. This will be very hard for me, staying away from milk in my coffee, pizza and yogurt. And then what happens when beef and chicken starts to get higher levels of radioactivity a few months down the line? Can't become a vegan, because the vegetables would have radioactivity in them as well...THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO.

So after hours of contemplating, what I've come to realize is that the only thing to take from this disastrous fiasco is that LIFE IS SHORT. Instead of telling people to worry about radiation, I tell them to live life to the fullest. Try to do all of the tasks on their bucket list. I don't tell them why.

I've become more romantic recently. I've also become more thankful to God for all of the good things that I am blessed with. I am also eating really good food.

I am acting like a man with terminal cancer or a man on death row. Go out in the sun, smell the air and roses, tell a beautiful woman that you love her...and take many lovers!

There's nothing else we can do now. We done broke the planet.

edit on 1-5-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm surprised it took us this long to move on. We usually lose focus in about a week. The only thing that persist is birth certificates.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What, me uncaring, or...worried? I'll say this: from what I've learned since this whole thing started, the designers and operators of nuclear plants should not be allowed to drive cars, much less fiddle around with reactors; they seem to lack any common sense. Really - you stored hundreds of thousands of spent fuel rods ON TOP of operating reactors? You envisioned an earthquake but NOT a tsumani?? You keep enough fuel on hand to run backup cooling systems for EIGHT HOURS??? You operate the reactors with fuel that completely unnecessarily contains PLUTONIUM, the WMD of choice for the global extermination incrowd???? You continue operating with reactors that (in 1972!) were designated as having a 90% chance of a containment breach during their working lifespan????? You then keep those reactors in service well past twice the lifespan for which they were designed??????

It's impossible to know what's happening at Fukushima; the dribble of information we had at first has dwindled to nothing, right when things seemed to be deteriorating even further. This lack of information breeds darker and darker speculation. Even our best independent nuclear plant experts can only guess, based on tiny nuggets of information, speculation and rumor. This is not the way to handle a situation like this, but after all the recent disasters, wars and global economic meltdowns, etc., we've been trained to accept it as par for the course. We are left to haggle with each other about what the truth might be.

Do I sound paranoid? Should I be? Whether or not you might think there is anything suspicious about the events in Japan, and the way the problem has been handled so far, there's one thing for sure: The PTB have us right where they've openly stated they want us - scared, confused, ignorant and desensitized. The people that are more awake just need a little more scaring, until they too cease all resistance. The sociopaths that run the world from behind the curtain are experts in mass psychology.

Whatever is going on over there, it's getting harder and harder to look at all the things going down in the world and believe that the timing is merely coincidence. It's NOT getting harder to sense that there is a move afoot, and I think we should keep that in mind. We need to keep aware of the even greater potential dangers we may face. As the PTB have made clear, depopulation is only a part of the "plan" - though this part certainly seems to be coming along quite well, with or without their help. And certainly in at least one sense this WAS with their help; they've been pushing nuclear power regardless of any opposition or reasoned argument that might rear it's ugly little head, not to mention beating down alternatives with great gobs of money and endless zeal I mean, it just fits in there so well with the nuclear weapons industry!

We are the Bugs, They are the Borkin. Resistance is Futile. We Will Be Assimilated (if we're good little indentured servants, that is).

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks for posting!
Beyond the whole disaster coverage and suffering people and animals, they are ignoring even the environmental and health factors...
The media is so hushed up on the testing, EPA won't test on fish, 'small' reports on any testing-milk,water,air-,people complain/agencies say that there's no issue with nuclear pollution. Really, how are they going to be aware if it's just ignored...
People are also focused on the next big news, such as the Tornado disasters. Once or if even that passes, they will be focused on hurricane seasons, which I think will be bad this year. Not to mention they only see the news given to them and not explore further. It's a cycle of ignorance.
edit on 1-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

For the time being, this is the only extinction level event that we can do anything about. More bad things are going to happen so we need to put this one behind us now.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Thanks for that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
By Dr. James Howenstine, MD.
April 28, 2011
NewsWithViews.com

TRAGEDY IN JAPAN AFFECTS WORLD POPULATION.

This meltdown in Japan is a devastating tragedy. Japanese physicist Michio Kaku reported on March 14 that all three Fukushima reactors are melting down and that the battle has been lost. To make matters much worse radioactive spent fuel from earlier usage in the reactors is stored at the site. This is 300 times worse than Chernobyl as that incident had no reactor meltdown. Five hundred square miles surrounding Chernobyl are considered dead. No animals or humans live in this area.

At the same time dangerous levels of radiation in the Midwest, California, Washington, Oregon and Western Canada were reported by the Norwegian Institute For Air Research. Radioactive milk was detected in Washington State. This means cows eating radioactive particles on grass are now producing radioactive milk in Washington. Radioactive rainwater was discovered with 18,000 times greater radiation than acceptable federal standards in San Francisco, Cal. Radioactive food is very dangerous as it has ready access by intestinal absorption to dispersion in the body of radioactive food particles. On March 29 nuclear reactors in North, South Carolina and Florida reported detecting small amounts of pure radioactive iodine that originated in Japan. The purity proves it was not produced by the local nuclear reactors.

Everyone in Japan will possibly die from radiation poisoning. The people of Hokkaido, the northern island, may be spared because of different currents and winds. Lauren Moret, well known authority on radiation and its dangers, has reported that the radiation levels being reported near the Fukushima reactors are the same as those being reported now in the U.S.A. (reliable radiation levels have been obtained for North America from the Norwegian Institute for Air Research).

www.newswithviews.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join