It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen the moon.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi ats, Been looking out for the moon lately, because Im waiting for a clear night or day to photograph it travel across the sky at hourly intervals to prove the moons line of shadow is rotating. But thats another thread. Last time I saw the moon was on the eighteenth of april when it was full. Been looking out for it since but it would seem Im missing it due to cloud cover or out of sight. But there has been a couple of times I should have been able to see it and it has not been there, Im going by my android google sky application. Well today its a clear sky, beautifull sunshine and my google sky application tells me it should be to the right of the sun if im facing south. Again I dont see it. Can anyone anywhere see the moon.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

I saw the moon last night.

Don't worry, it is still there.

VVV

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I dunno. I went out yesterday, around 1 PM? And the MOON WAS ON FIRE! it scared me so bad that I went back to bed!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Good to hear, where are you and what sort of time.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

I am in the southern hemisphere, not that it matters, cause the moon is visible everywhere.

There is nothing to be concerned about.

VVV

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Im not doubting its still about, But I have had a few questions about the moons behaviour lately. And right now im questioning if it is where it is supposed to be, when its meant to be. Like I say im using google sky android app as a reference lately. I will check other sky maps and see what I come up with.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm also in Southern Hemisphere and have been going out every night wondering where the hell it is. It seems ages since I last saw it when it was a full moon. It's starting to concern me too.

Not showing it's face here. NZ

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Saw it today.. Its only a tiny sliver of a cresent. But yep its there ! Australia

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Oh please get a grip. If anything happens to the moon you can be damned sure everybody on the planet will know about it in minutes. Think about the consequences its so freaking obvious.
edit on 30/4/11 by malcr because: misspelled planet as plant

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

No offence intended anyone ...
I have been a lurker here for a wee while ... and have recently saw quite a few of these moon threads come and go ...

... the end conclusion seems to be the same .. the moon is still there where it should be .. doing what it should be doing ... apparently ...

Im no expert ... but i think there are soooo many amateur astronomers in the world keeping their eye on our skies, that something as obvious as our moon not being where it should, to the point where its not observable where it should be, would be noticed, and conveyed around the world instantly .... this is not something we would have to rely on NASA or the government for ...

Needless to say, if in the space of one night, the moon was not visible in the 'clear night sky', where it should be, that would suggest a 'massive' lunar shift .... which im sure we wouldnt even need the amateur astronomers to notice for us ... when wee see the tidal waves heading inland, and feel the tremors, etc ...

If you suspect the moon is not where it should be .. and you cant see it because it has shifted its position for some unknown reason, without having any noticeable effect on the earth ... and youre the only person in your world that seems to have noticed this huge change .. and theres nothing on the news .. and the volcanos arent spouting their contents .. etc etc ... then you probably just made a mistake ...

But ... on a lighter note .... how cute are fluffy kittens ...

PS - Why would someone flag a thread asking if the moon is still there ? I am just new to this site, and have to ask .. what is happening to this site these days ...

edit on 30/4/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: To change a typo and ask why sum1 would flag this thread

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreSpinkters

ha ha no obvious effects, What planet you on my friend. Over 300 tornados in America in April alone with over 300 dead. 20 dead in china due to hail storm and over 100 hospitalised. Mexico on fire, Texas on fire. Very large earthquakes every single day, Not to mention all the volcanos either going off or starting to play up. All the bird and fish kills recently, new reports every single day. And then all the flooding just in April alone. I used to be naive when I was about five...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

I agree there are many earth changing events happening just now .. apparently simultaneously .. which no doubt all have the same base cause ...
at the moment, my personal fav theory on the events is that our solar system is nearing the galactic plane .. though many sound plausible ... this one has me hooked ... about to pass through the galactic plane ... scientists wonder if the galaxies supermassive black holes denser gravitational grip in this region will have any significant effect on our planet / solar system .... when i try to picture out solar system pulling off this manoeuvre in my mind (which is obviously slightly less precise than a supercomputer simulation
) ... it always results in catastrophe ... and what we are seeing happening now could certainly be a build up .. a precursor

But back on track ... for the moon to not be where it should be, in the sky .. in a short period of time ... i suspect there would be more than a few freak storms, and earthquakes increasing in number over years (along with all the other earth changing events increasing in rate over time) ... something like that .. and the world would notice within hours ... no matter where on the planet, or how isolated ..

Im curious ...

Originally posted by Dinoman
Last time I saw the moon was on the eighteenth of april when it was full. ...... there has been a couple of times I should have been able to see it and it has not been there, Im going by my android google sky application.... Can anyone anywhere see the moon.

Am i reading this right ??

'Apparently' .. according to main stream science .. Humans have been around for, but the 'blink of an eye', compared to the age of the moon ... According to human records .. the moon has always been where it should be, as far back as records go ... and with an understanding, is also completely predictable
Electronic technology (more specifically, android and ATS) .. has been around but for another 'blink of an eye', compared to Humans ...

Its interesting, that, we are soo reliant and trusting in our technology, that we look into the sky .. and one night, the moon isnt where our trusty gadget says it should be ... so we start a thread in a forum, just to double check, and make sure its still around .. (generally speaking .. obv id like to think the vast majority of us would just conclude our trusty gadget is wrong) ... dont get me wrong .. when my compass started acting a bit dodgy recently .. i was straight onto ATS ... but my compass is very simplistic mechanical design .. and worthy of my trust ... when i checked ATS, someone had just created a thread, whos compass was doing same as mine .. turns out at that moment, quite a few compasses were going a bit mad .... just to clarify .. its putting to much faith in electronic technology i think is wrong ... i would have trust my eyes and logic, far more than an android ...

Probably a better title would be .. Is anyone elses android acting a bit buggy ?

You are probably a lovely person Dinoman .. i absolutely mean you no offence sir ...
I can understand, how when some basic science concepts can be seen clearly in the mind of one ... Another who can't so easily wrap their mind around such a things, will undoubtedly show talents in other areas ... eg .. im rubbish at mechanics and music ... am ok with computers tho ... for that reason .. i would never try to intentionally sound insulting ..

But just to clarify ... Moons fine .... and its the weekend .. all is good

edit on 30/4/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: ... I just love editing things

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Here in Scotland i've seen the moon a lot, though it was riding rather low in the sky last week, at least in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Heaven help us! (Moon, I'm pleading to you!

It is posts such as this that gives ATS a bad, bad impression that the inmates are loose....

And two flags? For what?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

You shouldn't be seeing the moon much at all. When Android tells you it's just to the right or left of the sun, that means you won't be able to see it... it's called a New Moon. They happen at least once a month.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
here's my take....

the moon is still there, BUT, I too have noticed irregularities in the lunar cycle.. I live in WI and yes we seem to have had an over abundance of cloudy evenings,( I bought a telescope on March 21, and have yet to be able to use it at night due to cloudy skies). The reason I purchased the scope is because I was noticing 'out of sync' lunar cycles. Not a lot out of sync, but yet out of sync. I have been a sky watcher since my early cub scout days. And I must say for the last yearish the sky doesn't 'seem' right. Now this could easily be my perception of the sky, or the anguish of daily life as of late rolling over into my perception of the night sky, but Like i said I purchased a telescope on March 21 and have yet to be able to use it at night due to clouds.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
OP.
Ive have seen the mysterious moon and yep it was as pretty as it ever was and yep it is still in the sky.

So, well ya might just have to have a better look next time big guy

Ps. No star or flag for you
edit on 30-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I saw the moon last night.. is there a lot of trees where you live? there is here and sometimes the moon is behind them and i cant even tell its there.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Seriously this site is becoming a joke! The amount of crap that is being posted is ridiculous!! Lets give trained monkeys the internet and I am sure they will post something more constructive then most of u crazies!! ATS u have changed! I use to enjoy reading your headlines!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Mystery Solved!

Since the Moon doesn’t have Google or even an Android, it doesn’t know where you expect it to be.

So lets start a fund to send an Iphone to the Moon so it can move to where Apple says it should be.

Some people shouldn’t have internet.

edit on 30-4-2011 by samkent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join