It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unflagging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There might already be threads about this, but in a quick search didn't find any.

There should be an option to unflag a thread that you have already flagged. If this exists then pardon my ignorance.

That is all.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Abney

Why would you flag the thread in the first place?

I didn't flag this thread, therefore I don't need to unflag it either.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
did you perhaps mean Flagun?
of beer
which is always an option.

I think flags are like lawn darts
no take backs

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why would you want to unflag a thread? Maybe you should read the entire thread before doing a knee-jerk reaction to it?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Not all flagging is due to "knee jerk reaction".

It's a simple request and I'm rather astonished it's not available. Even Facebook has the "unlike" option. Wow that was hard.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Abney

Just unsubscribe from the thread and be careful of what you flag in the future.
My $0.02

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Why would you want to unflag a thread?

Maybe a flagged thread is exposed to be a hoax. That, in my opinion, would be a good reason to want to unflag a thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Skippy1138

Why would you want to unflag a thread?

Maybe a flagged thread is exposed to be a hoax. That, in my opinion, would be a good reason to want to unflag a thread.

Well at least it was a good enough hoax to have you fooled, maybe it deserves its flag (although making hoaxes clearly should not be encouraged). If it would be exposed to be a hoax it would be moved into the HOAX section and the title would be modified to include that fact.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

That's true that it would be moved to the hoax section but, unless something has changed, if the hoax has enough flags, it would be on the front page for a while.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Wouldn't it then also be useful if the mods removed the hoaxes from the front page (although it is a bit of topic here, and who knows, maybe hoaxes are sometimes fun to read too). But its always fun to have more functionality, and unflagging/unstarring that sort of stuff could obviously be useful, in-case you change your mind. Also, I don't think there is any way to vote a particular item negatively, like thumbs down (except by commenting
)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've accidentally flagged threads, and everytime, I wanted to take it back.
edit on 30-4-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Just unsubscribe from the thread and be careful of what you flag in the future. My $0.02

It's your $0.10 when you adjust it for inflation

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's a query for you, Can anyone tell me how many flags I have given in the existence of my membership here on ATS? The answer is no you cannot tell what threads I have flagged or posts I have starred. You liken this with facebooks Like feature and Unlike, which is personalized to you specifically. Therein it makes sense why they would allow you to unlike something you previously liked. To me it makes that person appear entirely indecisive.

None the less, the Flag and Star system is anonymous unless you choose to make the poster aware, so I am having trouble understanding why you would feel the urge to remove a flag. If it's because you feel that strongly about the post, then just as people tell posters they have starred or flagged a thread, do the opposite if you feel so inclined.

Will it remove the Flag or Star, No...but you will have effectively shown the person that your initial Star or Flag has now figuratively been removed in your mind...or just say nothing and no one but you will be the wiser to what you Star and Flag, and what you don't.

Simple enough?
edit on 4/30/2011 by UberL33t because:

top topics

join