It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban the over 50's from Voting

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Rather a few and part of my point.

I would take the house of lords away eletheia or better yet burn it down with them all inside.

If the over 50s were not to be allowed to vote, there probably would not be that many votes, especially in the U.K where the majority of people who vote are over the age of 50.

I would go with about 65 and under governance wise, but that's never going to fly or become a thing, or if it did i would be rather surprised, some poor old people may feel that their vote is the only voice they have after all.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would take the house of lords away eletheia or better yet burn it down with them all inside.

A little bit harsh
But it is about time to get rid of those leeches or should

I say lechers.
That antiquated system should have been modernised a long

time ago.

If the over 50s were not to be allowed to vote, there probably would not be that many votes, especially in the U.K where the majority of people who vote are over the age of 50.

I would go with about 65 and under governance wise, but that's never going to fly or become a thing, or if it did i would be rather surprised, some poor old people may feel that their vote is the only voice they have after all.

Well seeing as they now have to work till 65/67 to collect a pension they

pay tax they should be able to vote on how its spent. And if those who are

older can get to the polling booths (without the help of prospective MP's aid)

there is no reason to stop them from voting.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Let's just say it would be rather a slippery slope if we were ever to start deciding who can and who cannot vote.

I stand by the governance side of things all the same, considering the possibility for margin of error and just generally being in touch with the people of the nation.

As to the Lord's scenario, i really don't see them departing peaceably, or just hanging up there titles for us plebs.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
angus1745:

Ban the over 50's from Voting

In Shakespear's Hamlet Laertes ends a soliloquy with the line "Youth to itself rebels...". Angus, you are a prime example of this, being under 50 years old and lacking the wisdom of experience.

You have no wisdom, your post reeks of it, you lack this essential essence of maturity. You think you 'know'. You think yourself cognisant of the problems and having the solutions, but all you are is a 'knee-jerk'. Quite simply, you have no understanding of that in which you participate...life. You are a ball in a pinball machine, knocked about without control, aimless, dissatisfied, purposeless. So blind are you to having this lack of understanding that you would disrupt the one grace that will help you grow and mature.

Youth to itself rebels. Preferring to feed its own desire rather than listen to its own reason. It is how addiction is formed, and in that there is and can never be any wisdom.

The over 50's are the only carriers of wisdom, and they are the only chance youth has to be saved from itself. What would you like to ban after you have attacked and secured the silence of those with the strongest voice? Perhaps, some other group or groups you think hinder your hedonism? To blame others for one's own flaws is a sign of ineptitude!

So in that case, why should you have a voice? Clearly, you cannot be trusted!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes, I should be able to remember every thread I took part in in the last 8 years...
My grandmother lived into her 90s. She was still making money sewing clothes, she could still walk through her garden identify many of the plants growing in it, tell us what event it represented, and who planted it, when.
She could relay all the family stories, all the way back to colonial times. Run down the genealogical line never missing a name as well as how it connected to a few other families in the city.
Her home was a like a historical museum and her brain held the memories of close to a century of life.
She had wisdom.. far more than many of the younger generations today who seem to want to just burn 200 years of blood, sweat, and tears and just start over from scratch!
edit on 9-11-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join