It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert reveals evidence of Sasquatch species

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c7b64e59279.jpg[/atsimg]

"My goal is not to convince, my goal is to open minds,"said Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University. Meldrum has been researching the specimen of Sasquatch for more than 15 years and has received national attention for his work, both positive and negative.

His research examines various evidences which suggest that the mythical creature Sasquatch may in fact be real. In particular, he hypothesizes there may be not only one creature living today, but as many as 500-750 of the Sasquatch species.

"People have been so conditioned that this isn't possible that when they finally see it, it upsets their whole equilibrium," he said.

Meldrum said many people, both inside and outside of academia, don't believe that Sasquatch could be real.

Brilliant article and good to see Jeff Meldrum out and promoting his studies and ideas on Sasquatch. He is a brilliant man and I am happy to have him as one of the faces of sasquatch studies.

Seems to me more and more everyday are thinking there is a possibility of this animal being able to survive in the habitats it has been seen in, which is always a good thing.

I think Sasquatch exists and I think there are many places he could hide to avoid us, I also think the fact it has taken us this long to find him tell us something about their intelligence.

Anyways, it is a great article and make sure and read it all.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I like the way he approaches the subject, not as "I am right listen to me" but as "here is my evidence use your own mind to make your own decision". 9/11 truther's should take this approach more often, maybe they would get some more credit as well. Also a friend of mine, I live in Pennsylvania, she swears up and down that she saw a Sasquatch. Very credible person and she only told 3 of her closest friends because she is afraid of the criticism. Good find tho.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Shhhhh....don't tell everyone, we don't a bunch of drunken hunters chasin' after this creature! I recall seeing some evidence of the prints from the feet. Humans have lines that run one way on the bottom of their feet, and primates have lines that run another way. The prints they tested actually had both lines, going both ways, which to me supports a part human part primate creature. This was analyzed by different universities and confirmed, then, I never heard of it again.
I wonder sometimes, if there are efforts to conceal support for the existence of Sasquatch, and part of me is glad they may keep it from the public. You know if/when it is confirmed, irrefutably, some hunters are gonna go after these things. Perhaps though, the Sasquatch's survival abilities are so superior, that even knowing they exist, does not equate to finding them or ample evidence.

ETA: Here is the show I saw, and imo, this is the best evidence I ever saw. Now what happened since then

PREVIEW: Here

Peace,
spec
edit on 29-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well I must admit I was looking forward to what evidence he was presenting. Still to have a actual PHD do actual scientific research on the subject is reassuring. Personally I am willing to believe that Sasquatch is real, but there are too many kooks who give Bigfoot research a bad name. I have always wondered if any of the supposed anomalous hair samples have ever been examined for similarities.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think that photo is the best evidence there is for bigfoot. With or without the cement block.
edit on 29-4-2011 by totalmoron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I agree Meldrum is a down to earth and credible human being. His perspectives are amoung the best I've heard.
He brings a ton of integrity to the search for the elusive sasquatch. His efforts deserve reward.
edit on 29-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Well I must admit I was looking forward to what evidence he was presenting. Still to have a actual PHD do actual scientific research on the subject is reassuring. Personally I am willing to believe that Sasquatch is real, but there are too many kooks who give Bigfoot research a bad name. I have always wondered if any of the supposed anomalous hair samples have ever been examined for similarities.
I don't think there has been any that has actually past the test
i hear he has beeutiful hair!

edit on 29-4-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I really enjoyed his book Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science. I felt it presented solid evidence in a way that was accessible to a non-scientist. He gives a lot of credibility to the field of cryptozoology.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I really liked that Monsterquest episode too. Didn't they do DNA analysis and find that whatever had stepped on those nails wasn't quite human and not quite ape?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I believe that Sasquatch/Bigfoot/abominable snowman/yeti/etc. exist and I try to follow as much new information and sightings as they come out. Unfortunately, in today's day and age, technology has evolved far enough that any evidence, shy of having one show up for dinner or hair with unidentified DNA, can be fabricated, including ridge patterns on imprints. It has been shown that a print can be duplicated without too much trouble. I have followed professor Meldrum and his theories and am aware of the evidence he provides, however to take myself out of this and look at the OP source all by itself I see no evidence shown. The entire article simply says in a nutshell "It is because I said so, and I'm a professor". I triple checked and there are no links provided to more information. Now, I am not computer illiterate and I do research all the time and I know anyone can google him and the research, but this post by Rob Jepson, who ever he is, is simply a kiss a## article on the professor with no real information on the research or projects themselves. But that is only my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

I really liked that Monsterquest episode too. Didn't they do DNA analysis and find that whatever had stepped on those nails wasn't quite human and not quite ape?

I remember that result as as well, and I think that monster quest episode was one of the most successful ones, as they did a part two for it. Same location but much less action.

I do remember the DNA result and it was from nothing we had traced before, part ape part human but never documented. If that's true, why the hell are we even arguing if he exists anymore? We found DNA that has no explination.

I'm happy to see the thread get such a positive response, Meldrum that is a very well spoken level headed scientist, and I am proud to have him as a face for Bigfoot studies, we need someone with similar demeanor for UFO's, IMO.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
assuming this thing is real, what would it change?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
I believe that Sasquatch/Bigfoot/abominable snowman/yeti/etc. exist and I try to follow as much new information and sightings as they come out. Unfortunately, in today's day and age, technology has evolved far enough that any evidence, shy of having one show up for dinner or hair with unidentified DNA, can be fabricated, including ridge patterns on imprints. It has been shown that a print can be duplicated without too much trouble. I have followed professor Meldrum and his theories and am aware of the evidence he provides, however to take myself out of this and look at the OP source all by itself I see no evidence shown. The entire article simply says in a nutshell "It is because I said so, and I'm a professor". I triple checked and there are no links provided to more information. Now, I am not computer illiterate and I do research all the time and I know anyone can google him and the research, but this post by Rob Jepson, who ever he is, is simply a kiss a## article on the professor with no real information on the research or projects themselves. But that is only my opinion.

The evidence he provides is in his lecture as well as his books, I'm not too sure if it is online, but if you cannot find any of his be sire to buy his book. It is a very well written book and it is good to support a professor that is willing to accept new theories.

I would call it a kiss a$$ article, I would call it a respectful article about a humble educated man. I liked it.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Absolutley, if Bigfoot was proven to exist then a lot of mountainous terrain would become Bigfoot habitat, and wouldmbecome protected. It would be a great ape living in the pacific northwest the Bigfoot would probably be one of the most protected species on Earth, I hope anyways.

But the fact logging companies could not rape the land in north america anymore would be a great enough achievement alone.

Pred...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

No ! As I remember, the results of the tissue on the bunji board.were primate.I remember I couldn't believe they didn't say inconclusive.
edit on 1-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by yourmaker

Absolutley, if Bigfoot was proven to exist then a lot of mountainous terrain would become Bigfoot habitat, and wouldmbecome protected. It would be a great ape living in the pacific northwest the Bigfoot would probably be one of the most protected species on Earth, I hope anyways.

But the fact logging companies could not rape the land in north america anymore would be a great enough achievement alone.

Pred...

That would be nice but I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking. Once it was definitely proven I figure one of two things will happen.
1) every rich idiot with a gun will hire a helicopter to hunt them down before they become protected, so they can have a trophy
Or
2) all of a sudden the mainstream media will be filled with stories of people being attacked by Bigfoot, because you all know that everyone and their mother will be out wandering around the Canadian wilderness, totally unprepared, to try and encounter a bigfoot, and when they get hurt or lost through their own stupidity, they will blame Bigfoot. Next thing you know there will be a huge hunt for them because they are dangerous.

Either way, I hope they never get definitive proof, leave the poor things alone. As soon as apparent civilized people get involved, we will ruin their lives.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

out near where my aunt and uncle live there was apparently an outbreak of sighting, i never saw anything when i was out there but it did jumo into my mind during the night

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Iseladore

They are already protected in B.C. law and not allowed to be killed. They are considered a endangered species and they are not even proven to exist yet.

So I'm not too out there.

Pred...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So I'm not too out there.

Not at all my man.

Ise
I believe what the Indians say as a rule. They have centuries of experience with these creatures and say they have magic. This is why they remain uncaptured and no bodies. There is a paranormal side to them. I postulate
they are the same as UFOs Ghosts and the like. All things paranormal make use of the same M.O. Now you see me now you don't. The paranormal is demonic.

Now that's out there. But it is logical.
edit on 2-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

The big deal with that cast Meldrum is holding ? Is the dermal ridges that flow evenly through out the impression
and break where there is a scar. Truly one of the best pieces of evidence there be.
edit on 2-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Great posts! If I could soon drive down to Idaho State Univ.-I'm kinda far but not too far if that makes sense-. I'd love to get up close info and observations of his evidence and presentations to share not only for myself, friends and family but with ATS. Seeing what is presented so far, by videos, samples sent to him from shows, and other forms of media. I really believe he has the information to move Bigfoot from myth status.

<<   2 >>

join