It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Obama go to Florida?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So, it's been all over the news this morning that the shuttle launch has been delayed for at least 48 hours.

Did Obama not get the memo?

He was supposed to be going to FL to watch the launch.

No launch. No reason to go, right? Yet he just landed.

Maybe he didn't get the OTHER memo, either. The one where our economy is tanking, and wasteful spending is BAD.

What am I missing?

PS: I just remembered that supposedly some of the NASA people were told they wouldn't be allowed to see the launch because of Obama's security requirements. Nice snub.

Maybe NASA is snubbing him in return by delaying the launch? That would be AWESOME!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

HA! That would be awesome if NASA scrubbed the launch just to get the president out of town, so their employees could enjoy the launch!

There were worries about cloud cover this morning, and cross-winds this afternoon, and then they had a technical failure, so I am sure it is just a coincidence.

As for the President, he probably had a full agenda for the day while he was here, so the only thing that changes is that he won't see the launch, but I'm sure he still has business to do.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I fail to see how it is any of your business what Obama does with the country's money or should I say his money. You gave up any rights to the money when you turned it in for taxes.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I never heard this before, hmm. I need to watch the news XD

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He was traveling through the southern states trying to cheer up the towns that were hit by tornadoes from the latest front. So now he must be in Miami for the weekend. They said the shuttle might launch Sunday.
edit on 29-4-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The president then heads south to deliver the commencement address for graduates of Miami Dade College's North Campus.

He probably still went because he had an itinerary that involved more than just the launch. 1

But who knows, maybe he justed wanted one of those ball caps that says "NASA" on it...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

^^^^^^^^^^ EDIT: Ghadaffi beat me to it!

I'm sorry, but this must be said:

Rather than, when someone has a question about something, just posting it in a thread on ATS....wouldn't it seem logical to first do at least a modicum of research????:

The President will then travel to Miami, Florida. In Miami, the President will deliver the Miami Dade College commencement address.

Read the full POTUS itinerary here: whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com...

(I mean....it was really easy to find, online.....)

edit on 29 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I fail to see how it is any of your business what Obama does with the country's money or should I say his money. You gave up any rights to the money when you turned it in for taxes.

It is our business to call TPTB out when they carelessly spend away our hard earned cash.

I do also assume that he had more in his agenda than just a launch. $30,000 a plate dinner perhaps?

edit on 4/29/2011 by forall2see because: wurd

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Not when the REAL objective was to send a jab Obama's way.

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Ah.....once again, far easier to just knee-jerk react into "Obama Bashing Mode", isn't it?

Rather than looking for facts. Don't ever let facts get in the way of some good old-fashioned hate.......

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I live right here by NASA and I'm pretty sure they only 'scrub' the launch because when they do that equals millions in revenue for this town. Everytime there is supposed to be a launch it ALWAYS gets scrubbed. But yeah I'm sure he wasn't gonna be here to JUST watch the launch, mofo gots lots of other things to do too. I also heard that too: that alot of the employees won't even be able to watch the launch for 'security' purposes. hmmm...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Actually, I got what little money I "paid" in taxes refunded this year.

And last year, too, come to think of it.

See, I'm what is colloquially known as "poor".

Educated, yes, but also broke.

And I'm sure you think that means I have NO right to say anything about Obama's mismanagement of resources, but I disagree. Our president's for the last decade or so have been sorely mismanaging our resources (with the help of agencies like the Fed and the banks). And I can say something about that if I want to. It's still a (kinda, sorta) free country.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Here is the kicker...

This isn't for you WW but for the others:

If Obama was just going, solely for the launch and nothing else, wouldn't that have been a bigger waste of money? People should be happy that there are more than one items on the agenda during political travel.

But alas, you are right, far easier to just hate...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think he still went because he was also planning to meet with Giffords while she was still there for the launch. He'd likely get all sorts of flak if he didn't go and still see her, launch or not.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Stop confusing the issue with the facts, Boncho!

A curse upon your Libya leader avatar!

ETA: I even felt compelled to give you a star!

edit on 29-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I prefer TBTP bashing mode. oh.. and here...

Lighten up or I'll voluntarily give Obama more gas money... nuff said

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Okay, now this one I see. Now I'm following.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Okay, now this one I see. Now I'm following.

See I was more worried about that one, I thought I was laying it on thick in the other thread. Just remember - lies are truth!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Because, as I'm sure you know, the purpose was actually to slam Obama, including an unverified claim that NASA employees are not allowed to watch the launch.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You two do know that that story about the Nasa employees not being able to see the launch was a hoax...right???

So much a hoax...the original source removed the blog post (because that is all it was). Here is the link to the ONE place that supposedly "reported" this on a blog.

www.freerepublic.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join