It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Royal Wedding Discussion Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just a comparison for those interested..........

Anti Cuts marches and Tuitiion Fees protests
Attendance in City of London = 200,000 approx

Royal Wedding Today with Wills & Kate
Attendance in the City of London = 1,000,000 +

Just FYI

PDUK
edit on 29-4-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling - doh

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Was HAARP used to make their exiting the church sunny?

They said it was going to rain then as soon as they stepped out, it was sunny the rest of the day.

It's London, I think they're required to say it's probably going to rain...

I still love all this speculation about HAARP...as if we'd have such a technology, and then let almost 200 die from violent tornadoes recently...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
I say it is a good change from the usual doom and gloom.

And that is why I made it a point to watch. I realized that normally the only events I see unfold live on TV are tragedies. I felt the need for some balance, a celebration.

I asked my husband the other night what was the last "happy" event he remembers watching on TV & his first response was "a shuttle launch". Hopefully in a few hours, we can add another happy TV live event to our list with Space Shuttle endeavour's launch.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wasnt Kate just stunning....that dress was beautiful. Fancy and gawdy does not always equal beautiful, and she made the absolutely perfect decision of beauty with that dress. It was simple and elegant, American celebrities just WISH they could get that kind of beauty with their big stupid gawdy wedding dresses. (yes I am american)

i didnt actually watch the whole thing, only the highlights, and Kate is stunningly pretty. She didnt have big bright rouged cheeks, a bad tan, boobs busting out...and yet the tabloids here in america have the audacity to say "Kim Kardashian's wedding will rival the royal wedding" yeah right!!! Kim's supposedly 'natural' beauty is eyelash extensions, butt and boob implants, and I guarantee there will be cleavage up to her neck on whatever dress she picks.

My point being, Kate is absolutely beautiful and gorgeous and looks as natural as she can be, yes she had makeup on but compared to 'the norm' she had very minimal fakeness about her face, and what a beautiful smile. I wish them the best, not as Royals but as people celebrating the next big step in their lives!!!

I better stop, Im ruining my reputation as a non-girly girl

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d40a7811dd3b.jpg[/atsimg]

That about says it all....

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d40a7811dd3b.jpg[/atsimg]

That about says it all....

Yes, Reptilian hands are scaley and oiley. Best not hold them.

Then again they are cousins.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My wife had it on when we woke up. The horses were cool. I like animals a lot though. The old bag in yellow looked lost and was wearing a KFC bucket painted all yellow. Good for a few laughs...

When it ended some woman comes on and says something so douchey I couldnt have even seen this coming.. "Oh My! Couldn't You Just Feel Princess Di's Presence??", she said with a huge smile. I wish someone would have smacked that lady right across the face. That newsladys poor husband. Reminds me of the Farley Sandler Skit on SNL where the wife reads restaraunt descriptions while the husband is in pain from akwardness.

My final opinion: entertaining a little

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is good to see that nothing bad happened. Does anybody have the estimates for how many people actually watched this thing? I doubt that it is anywhere close to 2 billion.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Its always nice to see a little bit of history in action - even if it is a bit cheesy and old school.

I realise this isn't everyones cup of tea. Fair enough. But what you are seeing there is centuries of tradition. Right or wrong, its kinda strange seeing what is, essentially, a ceremony dating back hundreds of years being carried out in the 21st Century - its the British establishment in full swing, and you don't see this stuff anywhere else.

I agree, actually. I think tradition can bring perspective at times. I missed the wedding, it was too early (in the US) but I wanted to bring up another point, since you mentioned tradition in the 21st Century. I recently read that there are discussions (quiet discussion) about revising laws regarding the thrown. As it is now, it is first born Male. The concerns being raised is *what if* their first born is Female?

However, in order to revise/update the law to read First-born (non-gender specific) all of the countries governed by the Monarch must agree and though they are all in talks, only St. Lucia has agreed to the change in law. I think it may be not out of line to believe that all concerned are hoping Prince W./Kate's first born isn't a little girl (when the time comes) to give them an excuse to put off the decision another lifetime.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is Britain at its very best. This is where we excel although nearly everything else we had has been lost. What a lovely pair of people. What a great day. And what a lovely bottom Pippa (Kate's sister) has too! 8>)
And to whoever was criticising the Queen: She is an old Lady you know - have a bit of respect. Lets see what you look like at 85 shall we?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The kiss says it all? Or the little girl holding her ears?

It's funny, even though my family has been here since the 1800's, I still feel something towards my ancestry here. Of course, I've always been enamored with the whole royal tradition, etc.

I myself was married at a castle, dressed as a knight, and we walked through a corridor of held swords, etc., so I guess I'm a bit biased here...hehe....
edit on 29-4-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
I don't think I can take much more.
One thing in particular is starting to bother me for some reason.
May be a silly thing, and shouldn't bother me, but it does.

What is the deal with all of the stupid %$#^ng hats?
Im not talking about the cops either.
It seems like almost every female is wearing a hat on the side or front of their head (not on top).
WHY??!!??

It's called "fashion". You might want to look it up. The British women love wearing imaginative hats, especially to weddings, royal garden parties and Ascot. The hats are amazing!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, I watched the wedding this morning and watched again this afternoon, I believe that the British royals still have it, they are beautiful people and they know how to give the people a fairytale occasion.

It was very beautiful.

About the so call protest I think that if anybody within that crowd have even try to do something he or she or whatever group will have been massacre by the many locals so proud of their monarchy.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

Hats used to be a thing here in the US, I still remember in my childhood when women used to wear hats and men too.

If you come to the south (I am in Ga) women in the south still wear hats to church every Sunday, we also have store that sells fashionable hats in the malls and around towns, is still old men that hold to their hat tradition also.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Originally posted by neformore
Its always nice to see a little bit of history in action - even if it is a bit cheesy and old school.

I realise this isn't everyones cup of tea. Fair enough. But what you are seeing there is centuries of tradition. Right or wrong, its kinda strange seeing what is, essentially, a ceremony dating back hundreds of years being carried out in the 21st Century - its the British establishment in full swing, and you don't see this stuff anywhere else.

I agree, actually. I think tradition can bring perspective at times. I missed the wedding, it was too early (in the US) but I wanted to bring up another point, since you mentioned tradition in the 21st Century. I recently read that there are discussions (quiet discussion) about revising laws regarding the thrown. As it is now, it is first born Male. The concerns being raised is *what if* their first born is Female?

However, in order to revise/update the law to read First-born (non-gender specific) all of the countries governed by the Monarch must agree and though they are all in talks, only St. Lucia has agreed to the change in law. I think it may be not out of line to believe that all concerned are hoping Prince W./Kate's first born isn't a little girl (when the time comes) to give them an excuse to put off the decision another lifetime.

When you consider that one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) British Monarch was female (Elizabeth I) I just don't see the bias...?? You'd think that in this day and age this wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
i.dailymail.co.uk...

William and Middleton are cousins, hardly news that Reptilians interbreed to maintain their Bloodline.

They didn't just meet by chance at University, it was, planned.

If you take 10 or 20 "common" families and do a family tree on them and check for cousin's marrying and do one for the Royals I am very sure you will see most if not ALL royals are all interrelated (at the cousin level) and "common" families while may have one or 2 are not even in the same occurance as the Royals Cousin's marrying.

They don't do this by "chance", it is all for a reason.

edit on 29-4-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I would just like to add my sympathy for any unmarried men that are unfortunate enough to meet and fall in love with a woman that watched this spectacle. Your wedding will never measure up and you will have be reminded of that that all your life.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Does anybody have the estimates for how many people actually watched this thing? I doubt that it is anywhere close to 2 billion.

I don't know - there was like 9 of you in the thread so I'd guess between 9 and 10.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

True, but she really shouldn't expect it to...and I doubt many would.
I was happy enough to be able to give my wife a nice wedding.

Sure things went wrong...(the weather and a transportation snag, for starters), but in the end, we still got married in front of a castle...it was nationally televised (TLC's A Wedding Story), we had a cake to die for (that was about 5' tall and 5' wide), had our own royal theme, almost all our guests were in medieval costume, etc. and all on a pretty stringent budget.

Nothing will ever measure up to the dream wedding they've been planning in their heads since they were 2, but all we can do is hope to make it a memorable occasion and try to include at least some fantasy and magic into the ceremony. I'd like to think I succeeded on that front.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I almost bet what we are seeing on the TV (programming) covering the event,,, was not live ,, but a few mins off so as they would have a chance to remove any reptile lizard slips of the forked tongue..
Even if she was his cousin ,, I almost feel sorry for her, shes pretty ,, but now the ceremony has been done .
No longer "a non commoner " (I hate that word) and from now till death in beyond she is royal property of the crown. (Lizards)

I even learned today by watching it.. They rule WAY more countries than I thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join