It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Okay, so I went out with a friend a couple of months ago and we came across some odd stuff. We decided to take some pictures, because we didn't know what in the heck we were looking at. In fact, it's pretty hard to describe what we thought we saw. We actually thought that it might have been nothing, but we took a couple of quick pictures to make sure anyways. The rest of the film had been used on random stuff in the every day world like friends, family, and animals.

Okay, fast forward to Monday and we dropped the film off at Wal-Mart to have it processed. So my mom went in today to pick up the pictures, but nothing was there. Out of the entire roll of film, there was only one picture that was even partial published...and she said that it was a partial picture of a license plate. I was at home and didn't go with her, but Wal-Mart didn't print a single picture except for the half-picture of the license plate.

She said that the negatives were completely white. Now if you know about regular camera film, there is a red tint to the negative where no color is imprinted. She said that there was no red tint on the negatives whatsoever, and Wal-Mart didn't even print them.

Okay, so my thing is, why were the negatives white washed? Isn't that highly unusual. If someone cracks the case and light gets in, then there would be a red strip across the photos and negatives, but there wasn't. My mom doesn't understand my interest in this, so she didn't pay the $2.00 that Wal-Mart wanted for the wasted negatives.

Does anybody have a theory on this? Perhaps my friend and I did stumble across something, or maybe it was just a photographic malfunction. Either way, I would like someone to comment on this.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe its gov. there is thread on ats about wal-mart with the nwo. maybe you had pictures you werent supposed to..........

Or your just paranoid

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
or maybe I'm paranoid AND I had pictures that I wasn't supposed to have...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
i wouldnt even worry about it. I know what you pictures didnt come out and the negative was white. Walmart fd it up. The "toner"(fancy name) leaked out to much on the negative and burned it. the "toner" is used to make the picture. you could always sue for you 2 bucks. HAHAHA

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
hmmm cant you describe what were you looking at?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
was the one partial picture the first in the roll? perhaps you should get your camera looked at. the shutter may have jammed, allowing too much light in and washing out any pictures... hence the white negatives.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I bet a minimum-wage Wall Mart flunky (I used to be one, a long time ago) messed it up while trying to develop it. Time to get a digital camera!

What were you looking at?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was working on a Documnetary on Maine Ghosts and we were in the Kennebunk Inn which is reputed to be Haunted by a kindly old maintainance man who loved poetry (Boy are they wrong, I got a massively negative feeling in there!) anyway while we were filming in the old guy's bedroom. There was a pinkish red glow eminating from the upper right hand corner of the window. It was plain to see in the viewfinder as well as on the monitor. Our first thought of course was some for of lens flare or reflection. We started doing all sorts of stuff with the lighting to get rid of it, even to the point of lowering the window shades.... no luck, it was still there. We had our entire crew there... two psychics.. and the owners all witnessing this. My boss was going nuts trying to get rid of the thing so we could shoot some simple cover video of the guy's room. Some started wondering if it was something paranormal. I finally said... "Um, whatever it is, maybe we should at least roll some tape on it and figure it out later". So we rolled on it.... turned off the camera degaused the monitor and checked the tape. Yep it was still there and everyone in the room saw that it was there..... So we went on to finish our shoot that day. We got back to the studio and looked over the video.... we got to the room shots where the red glow was and nuthin... no red glow... just the room. Beats me what the heck it was, but God as my witness, it was on the tape while we were in the room.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
was the one partial picture the first in the roll? perhaps you should get your camera looked at. the shutter may have jammed, allowing too much light in and washing out any pictures... hence the white negatives.

Over-exposed film looks black as the silver oxide particles react with the light... hence the name "negative" (A reversal of the image); white looks black and black looks white.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Screw walmart photo, should have brought it to eckerds 1hr photo... hahah i work there

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Over-exposed film looks black as the silver oxide particles react with the light... hence the name "negative" (A reversal of the image); white looks black and black looks white.

oi, thanks... i had a brainfart there! i'm so used to that digital technology...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
if too much light = black on the negative.....does no light= white negatives......you did take the lens cap off eh?....just kidding...I agree with the above....sounds like some on the job training went wrong at Wal-Mart.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
okay, the partial picture that did develop was towards the middle of the roll. There is no lens cap on this camera. Also, I have turned in rolls of film that have been taken AFTER the one is question that turned out fine.

I just got back from work, and now I'm leaving to meet up with some friends. If I don't get back too late tonight, then I will try to describe what I think I took a picture of. If not, then you will have to wait until tomorrow night, because I have to go to driving school early in the morning (for the 4th time) because I don't want my insurance finding out about my speeding ticket. Oh the lies we live...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I thought the film itself was gone. That happened to me not too long ago.

top topics

join