It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman Renounces His U.S. Citizenship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fe5d7417581.jpg[/atsimg]

The key scene takes place in “The Incident,” a short story in Action Comics #900 written by David S. Goyer with art by Miguel Sepulveda. In it, Superman consults with the President’s national security advisor, who is incensed that Superman appeared in Tehran to non-violently support the protesters demonstrating against the Iranian regime, no doubt an analogue for the recent real-life protests in the Middle East. However, since Superman is viewed as an American icon in the DC Universe as well as our own, the Iranian government has construed his actions as the will of the American President, and indeed, an act of war.

Well well well, it seems that le' Superman abandoned ship. Perhaps he will protect and serve China now?

There's actually a bunch of comments that i found HILARIOUS. I'm not big on the comic world however i did learn a bit during my time reading the comments hehe. Check em out
the ones that i found funny/interesting)

TexasCommonSense Posted on April 28, 2011 at 10:21am Now it’s “Truth, Social Justice and the Communist Way”

13th Imam Posted on April 28, 2011 at 10:25am Holy Crap, Batman Yes Robin First the Courts Then the Congress Then the President Now, Superman, Guess it’s time to retire and move to my vacation house in Belize.

Wayner
Posted on April 28, 2011 at 10:34am

Well I have to admit that “truth, justice, and the American way” sucks. We stick our nose into every other place in the world and try to make them become like us. Do we ever stop to think that maybe they don’t want to be like us.
I vote we stay out of the business of the world and take care of our own

Drumroll please...

EddardStark Posted on April 28, 2011 at 10:52am I love this. You people see conspiracy EVERYWHERE. I have seen this blog at first condemn President Obama for not acting to support Iranian protesters and then when Superman takes your side and proclaims himself in favor of basic civil liberties for all you condemn him as a communist. And as an aside, Captain America went rogue to protest government infringement on civil liberties, notably unmasking superheroes. If you Ayn Rand worshippers can’t embrace a rugged, super individual who cuts ties with his past associations and goes rogue to protest the over involvement of the government than who can you embrace. “The Left” is NOT everywhere. As Captain America would, I stand by you and your bizarre need to celebrate paranoia and apocalyptic hyperbole as much as you want, just try to have a little perspective please.

This was a bit funny you have to admit.. What are we going to do now, really, now that superman is gone?

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Does everyone know that he is Canadian in creation? Metropolis is inspired by Toronto. Created by Canadians.
I mean...I am.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Anttyk47

Does everyone know that he is Canadian in creation? Metropolis is inspired by Toronto. Created by Canadians.
I mean...I am.

Me: *Clicks 'myATS', Looks at recent activity, see's reply by superman2012' thinks
*OMG IT IS HIM*

Hehehe, that's actually funny, was marvel based in Canada, or was superman bought by marvel? Not sure how the whole comic world works

Or was he just always Canadian? o.0

Hehe someone posted this in the comments over there too!

Guerrino_P Posted on April 28, 2011 at 3:37pm Just as well. He is an illegal alien who was invented by a Canadian.

edit on 28-4-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've not been into comics for more than half a century, so I'll pass on reading anything on this, but I'll make an observation that may have some bearing on what this affair is all about.

Many of the comics of old (if not today) are produced by a particular subset of people espousing one particular faith if not a rather radical subset of that faith.

If you want any answers on what ultimately is behind ANY philosophies emitting from comics, you must go to the source. Otherwise, you haven't a clue about who is influencing you. (It is very similar to politics, actually.)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

en.wikipedia.org...

Superman is a fictional character, a comic book superhero appearing in publications by DC Comics, widely considered to be an American cultural icon. Created by American writer Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born American artist Joe Shuster in 1932 while both were living in Cleveland, Ohio, and sold to Detective Comics, Inc. (later DC Comics) in 1938,

edit on 29-4-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The complete gall and arrogance of these people are beyond filth and disgust. Hearts of pure evil and disregard for morality, complete malice, and what is right. Money and power is their rule and what they are loyal to, nothing more.

–David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405 “We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time magazine, and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promise of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The super-national sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries.” —David Rockefeller, at a 1991 Bilderberger meeting “We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.”
—David Rockefeller

“But this present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for long. Already there are powerful forces at work that threaten to destroy all of our hopes and efforts to erect an enduring structure of global interdependence.”

—David Rockefeller, speaking at the Business Council for the United Nations, September 14, 1994

“Whatever the price of the Chinese Revolution, it has obviously succeeded not only in producing more efficient and dedicated administration, but also in fostering high morale and community of purpose. The social experiment in China under Chairman Mao’s leadership is one of the most important and successful in human history.”

—David Rockefeller, statement about Mao Tse-tung in The New York Times, August 10, 1973

dont-tread-on.me...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Go superman....I'm with you on this one.......hell if I had your power I would make my own nation or take over the world......for as long as I live I vow to be a benevolent tyrant.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Hehehe, that's actually funny, was marvel based in Canada, or was superman bought by marvel? Not sure how the whole comic world works

psssssssssst......Superman is part of the DC universe.......

new topics

top topics

join