It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] How Do The British Working Class Feel About The Royal Wedding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am a British, working class man. I' ve studied sociology, particularly Marxism at degree level, so could be considered slightly better educated than average working class, but the following clip expresses the frustration and anger felt by the oppressed underclass as well as any essay can.

There have also been riots where I live recently involving enraged citizens protesting about capitalism, a 'Tesco' supermarket was attacked as well as police vehicles (Tesco are well known for unethical business practices).
There was an element of 'hippies' who live in a local squat involved, but also very normal citizens too.

It seems that the spirit of revolution being felt around the world is reaching unexpected places.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by subby

ok - since when did one " shouty man " represent the ` working class ` ?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm working class, I thought that man was absolutley hillarious, just laughed my socks off
actually I can understand his feelings & tend to agree rather than not.. but then I don't live there anymore.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by subby

ok - since when did one " shouty man " represent the ` working class ` ?

I'd vote for him

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If I were British, I would be angry over this, though I would also be angry over the royal family to begin with. Think about the tax-dollars that will be thrown at this wedding (who do you think ultimately pays for security and other tid-bits). For what? I don't understand why people allow other people privilege, at their own expense, just on the simple and false premise that they are some-how better than the rest of us.

I say, make them work like everyone else. Their own private riches (ever penny) are ill-gotten, to say the least and presumably the result of everyone else's hard work, again on the simple and false premise that they are somehow better than the rest of us.

Talk about a burden on society and for what? It is this kind of thinking (believing in the monarchy) that has doomed mankind for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Have we not yet evolved past this kind of non-sense? Frankly, I get sick to my stomach even thinking about it, and I'm not British. Don't get me wrong, I think America has its own oligarchy (to an extent), though at least ours has to be somewhat hidden. Again, this whole royal wedding makes me want to puke and what's worse, is everyone bowing down to and cherishing it, as if there is nothing wrong with the general idea. I believe that the monarchy, even in its diminished state, is about as justified as African-American slavery.

Instead of British tax-dollars being used to fund a portion of their privilidge, the royal family should be begging not to be exiled or at least they should have to explain why every asset they own, should not go back to the British people.

--airspoon

edit on 28-4-2011 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm middle class and I can't wait for the big wedding........

just wish those working class grossly overweight fans would remove themselves from the barriers near the church; they are an awful sight to see straight after such a and beautiful wedding......is'nt maccas nearby?
edit on 28-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Wait... are you a woman?
Cause..... women don't count ... of course they want to watch the wedding .. it's what they dream of when they think of that day.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

I am a woman and what flashed past my TV screen today of grossly overweight English and Canadian fans in what appeared to be dressed in what looked like throw outs from St Vinnies sent shivers up my spine. I mean for God's sake, this is a special occation of royalty proportions.....one's mind only boggles what they wear at home! It's obvious what they eat (oh hang on, do they ever stop?) !!!
edit on 28-4-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i must say air-spoon has summed up my thoughts very very well, leaving out some history stuff of course but we shall not talk about that

i dont under stand why people bow to them in the royal place, why do poeple think there better than themselves and everyone else?? kinda sad so it is....

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Maybe that's because the sub standard education they are forced to attend doesn't teach them anything about nutrition. Maybe it's because the TV relentlessly tells them that good mums shop at 'Iceland'.
Maybe they go to McDonalds because they not only can't afford a nice Deli, but they would be treated with derision if they dared enter. Maybe it's because organic veg boxes cost about fifteen quid.
These people are the victims of a culture of ignorance and poverty that goes back generations and unfortunately, false consciousness prevents them from even realising they are objects of ridicule and abuse.

top topics

join