It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Brings You here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just a few questions I had in mind:

1. What first drew you to this site?

2. Do you consider yourself a conspiracy theorist?

3. What impact does this site have on your everyday life?

4. In the time you've been a member here, what have been your most memorable experiences?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
#1 alway been interested in the odd stories

#2 conspiracy theorist... ummm no i hate that term. just want the truth and not what the main stream says is the "truth"

#3 just fun site to get stories you can't find any where else

#4 memorable experiences i guess when i found out about this web site when i heard one of the co-owners on the Coast to Coast radio show.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizKidENT

a) The BP Oil Disaster turned me from a lurker to a member
b) No. Just open minded
c)It has a pretty big impact on my work. I say that because I spend more time on here than I do actually working. I should be working right now....but I'm here.
4. In the time you've been a member here, what have been your most memorable experiences?
d) My most memorable experience was the October Stanley Fulham UFO flap. To me, it wasn't about whether or not they were real, it's more about how ATS was abuzz about it. It was certainly an exciting night to be an ATS member.

edit on 4/27/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/27/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizKidENT

1. Jerusalem UFO and my own ignorance; much in need of denial.

2. Oh yeah. I do indeed formulate my own theories about conspiracies.

3. Some people put up toys and things around their desk when they study to amuse themselves. I set up ATS. It can be a real time waster sometimes. But I figure it at least keeps my writing sharp.

4. Mr Mask's Jerusalem UFO thread. I stick around because I have never met so many like minded people. Also being on this site has caused me to take a look at others that are trying to do the same thing; ATS is best. The smartest most sensitive folks are here. The only other place I would hang out is ContrailScience.

Thanks for asking.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Frater210 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
By the way....

Welcome to ATS!

A moderator will come by shortly to get you fitted for a tin-foil hat.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I'm crying...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

thanks! i lurked here for quite some time. does the foil hat come in any cool colors? lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
#1 alway been interested in the odd stories

#2 conspiracy theorist... ummm no i hate that term. just want the truth and not what the main stream says is the "truth"

#3 just fun site to get stories you can't find any where else

#4 memorable experiences i guess when i found out about this web site when i heard one of the co-owners on the Coast to Coast radio show.

why do you hate the term conspiracy theorists? just wondering. It's my belief that a conspiracy theorist is one that postulates theories based off what they believe to be a conspiracy. I know that conspiracies often carry a negative connotation, but why disdain for the phrase itself?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
thanks everyone for your replies! This site is a great time-waster indeed. But my brain feels great afterwards lol

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

The search for the truth drew me here and I'm so glad it did

Regards

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

1. What first drew you to this site? [color=gold] Ufo hunters had discussion on DUMBs Deep Underground Military Bases. So I looked them up and ATS had best footage along with other stuff.
[color=gold]I study Religion-Science-Ufology to better understand this??? we are in as of now...
[color=gold]It helped to verify some data about beyond in which I questioned. Questioned from reading up on various good books and them referencing non terrestial beings Angels-Demons-Watchers-Nephilim-Natas ect. It has allowed me to meet and encounter lol new energies.
[color=gold]I witnessed ufo overhead clearly believe it or not other stuff you wont believe till its your turn to experience

So overall my knowledge seeking got me here.
Be well
edit on 4/27/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I first arrived here because of the O'Hare Airport UFO.

Not really. Sometimes I do see what I believe to be a conspiracy, but to me the term conspiracy theorist would seem to imply a leaning in that direction when viewing many things. I dont see conspiracies lurking 'round every corner. I am the sort of person who likes to understand human behavior and motivation, and sometimes that leads you into some scheming and conniving that people are doing, particularly when large sums of money are involved, but my own personal leanings are not towards scheming and conniving.

I live in an area with good, friendly, but rather uncomplicated people. They are not dumb, but they also are no intellectuals. So, ATS provides me with nice sharp intellectual discourse. Sometimes. It also exposes me to some of the least intelligent people I have conversed with, but unlike in person, I can simply move to another thread if the stupidity level gets overwhelming. On the whole though, even though ATS has dumbed down a LOT in my time here as it has moved more into popular entertainment, there are still enough sharp people to keep it interesting.

Nothing really stands out in particular. I have had lots of really great exchanges here, with some really good minds. But no one event really stands out. ATS is just a place to come and discuss and debate various issues with more aware, informed, and intelligent people than I often run across in my day to day travels. Or not, as the case may be.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Love conspiracy theories, aliens. Making a graphic novel about em. You are my people, lol. Got some preview pages in my other post.

new topics

top topics

join