It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arik Karp trial: Defendants convicted of manslaughter, not murder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

In August 2009 Arik Karp died on the Tel Baruch boardwalk after being brutally beaten to death by three Jaljulia residents, who were later charged with murder.

One of the suspects asked Karp to "hook him up" with either his wife or daughter. When he got up to leave with the two, the suspect called two of his friends, who came running. The wife and daughter fled, while Karp was brutally beaten to death.

The indictment alleges that at one point, Karp managed to get up and attempted to escape but the assailants wouldn't let go, chasing him, knocking him down a second time and continuing to beat him in the head and upper body while he was defenseless.

Nonetheless, the judges ruled that there was no way to unequivocally determine whether Karp died from the beating or drowning, though the direct cause was clear.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Had the killers been Israeli and the victim Arab this would have been paraded all over this forum as proof of the racism and bias of the Israeli legal system.

But here we find the opposite.

Is the Israeli legal system really unjust? Or is it that you only get half the picture?

Sure, mistakes and bad calls are made, just as in any legal system, but when will we understand that these are the exceptions, not the rule? When only the exception gets reported we get a twisted view of reality.

Search your blogs, search your news sources, tell me if this is reported.

Anyway, thought I should post this around here.

My personal feelings on this is that the act was vile, and that these people should definitely go to prison, but feelings aside if the evidence point towards manslaughter, then I have no issue with the ruling.

With respect,
Eliad.
edit on 27-4-2011 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Something tells me (and I hope I'm wrong) we'll be the only ones posting here...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

I doubt any of the anti Israeli posters have the courage to confront their own misguided beliefs.. I doubt any of them would even bother reading this, let alone post..

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Sigh
edit on 27-4-2011 by ender_shadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So what is the point of this thread. You saying that no Israel critic will be posting here. Well what am I suppose to be confronting?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I believe Eliad was simply stating the obvious, had the situation be reversed, and it would have been a gang of Israeli hulilgans that would have killed an Arab, the forums here would be ablaze with calls that Israel is an "Apartheid" state, that it's "racist" and "criminal"... but you don't hear that in the opposite case...

Eliad, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ender_shadow

I understand the point you are trying to make. Those who try to support Palestine often use selective cases of racisms to demonize Israeli's. However, I believe that it should reported and discussed, just not in the context of the political situation. My largest concern is that Arabs outside Israeli defence bariers and in the occupied territories are considered surplus population and practically discarded from daily life. This is the kind of human injustice that should be discussed in the political and economic sphere- especially becuase of the booming counter-terrorism, surveilence and defence industry which has not only left Palestinians in trouble but has created inequality in Israel compared with 20 years ago. This is the important issue. Armed Jewish gangs who beat Arabs has nothing to do with the political debate. Both you and Eliad are correct here. However it still should be reported and discussed.
I myself can say I am guilty of this even if it wasn't my intention.
edit on 28-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

This is nothing, it's just the legal system at work.

Problem is that this "nothing" is being posted all the time as "proof of racism" when it's Israelis vs Arabs, and rather than being judged by the merits of the case, they're judged by the merits of their color if the outcome is against the Arabs.

Had this been Israelis hurting Arabs this would have been 7 pages in, full of anti Israeli remarks.

If people need to know about "racism", then people need to know when the opposite happens, don't they?
Will they get it at their regular news sources? I doubt so.

But people here are so close minded they won't even consider anything that clashes with their agenda, anything that does not bash Israel is an Israeli propaganda to them.

It's just disappointing, is all.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Well said. You were right on the ball with your analysis of the use of cases (un-related to the the political sphere) used to demonize Israeli's.
I would like to pose one question for you however. Would you agree or disagree with the assumption that there is/ is at times a different system of laws of Palestinians and a different system of laws for Jews in the occupied territories and territories where illegal Jewish settlements are based. If so, why and why not?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Actually, the west-bank is not governed by Israeli law, but by military law. That's the difference... and most palestinians aren't even under the legal jurisdiction of Israel, but of the palestinian authority...

However, I'm not a lawyer, so if someone knows more about this, I'd be happy to hear...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
reply to post by Eliad

Had the killers been Israeli and the victim Arab this would have been paraded all over this forum as proof of the racism and bias of the Israeli legal system.

Had it been this scenario, the case would have been dismissed by the judge. And you would be here defending that decision.

That said, this is the first I've heard of the case. Hard to form an opinion on something you don't know about. From what i'm reading, the three are plainly guilty of murder... But the prosecution was flat-out worthless in proving this. It's not a question of race or bias; it's an issue of the prosecutor being an incompetent boob. Really, they couldn't tell if Arik died from the beating or from drowning? Really? What, did they just not want to spend the extra money for, I dunno, an autopsy? What the hell?
edit on 28/4/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Give an example to prove your point, otherwise, please do not throw such types of unfounded accusations.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree that there is...

Why? I guess the Palestinians aren't viewed as citizens of Israel, but rather citizens of Palestine, under the rule of the PA, the settlers on the other hand are viewed as citizens of Israel, even though they don't live inside Israel.

Why the Israeli government allows itself to meddle with issues that clearly belong to the PA? I guess it just doesn't trust the PA to deal with issues of terrorism effectively.. Is that the right way to go about it? I'm not sure, but that's an entirely different debate..

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Had it been this scenario, the case would have been dismissed by the judge. And you would be here defending that decision.

Sure it would...

From what i'm reading, the three are plainly guilty of murder... But the prosecution was flat-out worthless in proving this. It's not a question of race or bias;

There's a question of intent, it isn't just a question of outcome.. A racist judge would have straight out ruled that there was intent to murder, an impartial judge wouldn't.

The prosecutor is a boob? Grow up...

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
On one of the pictures the fat guy is smirking in court...

They better wipe that smirk off his face in jail...disgusting excuses for human beings.

top topics

join