It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Las Vegas SWAT Team Kills Man In Raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yep, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

A 21 year old man named Trevon Cole was fatally shot by Las Vegas police in his apartment while he was attempting to flush some marijuana down the toilet. The complaint says that members of the SWAT team spent the day drinking before engaging in the raid.

Cole was unarmed when about 11 officers raided his small, one-bedroom apartment in East Las Vegas, according to the complaint. He was watching TV with his fiancée, Sequoia Pearce, when officers destroyed the front door and "broke through a window to raid the sparsely furnished apartment."

Cole ran to the "only bathroom in the apartment and began flushing down the toilet what little marijuana he had in his possession," the complaint states.

As Cole squatted in front of the toilet, Yant kicked in the door and shot him in the side of the face with an AR-15 assault rifle, the family says.

Source

Seems to me like the LVPD are a little trigger happy lately. Snuffing out a 21 year old life for selling less than 2 ounces of weed to an undercover cop seems like murder to me.

My condolences to the family.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Americans need to start a war on the drug war. What a sad waste of life. I can't wait to hear how someone will justify this, whether the SWAT was drunk of stone-cold sober. Someone always does.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

"There is a policy, practice and custom to not hold officers accountable for acting with misfeasance, malfeasance, in violation of the law, and in violation of written Metro policies. Killing unarmed citizens who pose no threat will not cost a job at Metro. Misrepresenting facts on official legal documents and under oath has not real consequences at Metro. Drinking on the job will not cost a job at Metro."

marijuana + police = death.... police + alcohol = dead civilian..... police + lies = paid vacations.....

So yeah, nothing to see here folks.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
horrible .... seriously someone needs to take that guy and place him in 10 x10 room with that kid's family with him cuffed and no way to defend himself.... the way that kid was un able to defend himself from this horrific attack...

this sickens me and makes me fear what the world is coming to . yes drugs are bad mmmmmmmmmkay

but there is no coming back from a mistake that he would have possibly been locked up learned a lesson and possibly could have recovered and started a family with his fiance...

i feel for that family ... those officers need to pay in jail time a long period of jail time

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What a sad world we are becoming. An offense that deserves nothing but a slap on the wrist. It's unbelievable that we live in this world. Drugs provided by the government, yet the government demands life, fines and jail time to coffer the funds of privatized imprisonment.

I'm speechless.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

This news article doesn't mention the alcohol so I'd be dubious about that-
Family of Trevon Cole files civil rights suit against Metro

And this is the little soldier who did it... Looks like the sheer epitome of consolidated and maintained power.

*duhh which way does I pointed it??*

I find this part of the article pretty scary indeed-

The complaint alleges the raid at Cole’s apartment was a stunt set up for filming purposes by Langley Productions as part of the reality series. Langley Productions is responsible for reality shows such as “Cops” and “Las Vegas Jailhouse.”

“It makes for better television to show an armed raid rather than a routine arrest,” the lawsuit states. “As a result of this policy, practice and custom, Trevon Cole lost his life.”

Sad....
edit on 26/4/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Every other day we read about how the budget crisis is forcing police cutbacks...there are stories of how there aren't enough cops to respond to rapes and murders because the budget...and yet somehow we have here an eleven-man team descending in full force on some stoner and his girl in a studio apartment?

Am I alone in thinking this is messed up even without the death?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Seems this cop has a history.

Las Vegas police Detective Bryan Yant is under investigation for apparently lying about drugs he didn't seize and actions he didn't take during a 2009 police raid that never happened, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has learned.

www.lvrj.com...

During a 2002 inquest into his fatal shooting of a robbery suspect, Yant's statements contradicted evidence.
Yant said he was chasing Richard Travis Brown, dubbed "The Candy Bar Robber" by police for his 41 heists, in the early morning of Nov. 17, 2001. After a vehicle pursuit, Yant chased Brown on foot. Yant told the inquest jury that Brown reached for a gun as the two ran down a sidewalk. Yant fired three to four rounds. Brown fell, face first.
The officer continued to yell commands at Brown, who was on the ground, to drop his gun. Yant said Brown then tried to re-aim the gun at him. Yant fired another three to four rounds, killing Brown. But crime scene analysts recovered Brown's handgun on the sidewalk, 35 feet away from where he had been shot.

www.lvrj.com...

Sorry, didn't expect this. Is there a list of what sources we can't use? Can we just supply the links? Anyway the cop has a history. In 2002 he killed somebody but his statements contradicted evidence. Also under investigation for a made up drug raid. Google his name.
edit on 26-4-2011 by jam321 because: surprised

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

if that guy wasn't doing [whatever he happened to be doing] then he'd be fine! just listen to the cops and nothing bad will ever happen!

obviously sarcastic, not too far off from the way some people automatically jump to the defense of the police, though.

this whole tragic event could have been avoided if we just backed off of petty marijuana charges. our jails would also become less congested. but no, the State makes too much money off of us poor pot heads.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

"There is a policy, practice and custom to not hold officers accountable for acting with misfeasance, malfeasance, in violation of the law, and in violation of written Metro policies. Killing unarmed citizens who pose no threat will not cost a job at Metro. Misrepresenting facts on official legal documents and under oath has not real consequences at Metro. Drinking on the job will not cost a job at Metro."

marijuana + police = death.... police + alcohol = dead civilian..... police + lies = paid vacations.....

So yeah, nothing to see here folks.

The time will come when we shall have our revenge. Vehemently we will strike back at the atrocities; Of Evil men in high places.

Shall all humanity learn and observe the reality around us this is it; Trigger Happy Police; Murdering Innocent Civilians.

The Police are like a gang mentality; it is a Gestapo. If a member of their force even murders and innocent civilian and is in good favour of the right officers in the force he will not be charged for murder; Because they will protect each other. Even when committing atrocities such as murder; He will probably be put on paid suspension or something.

Yes like you said Jedi He will get Vacation for murder!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Murder=money? Makes sense to me. Isn't that what happens in war? We use means of death to make profit. Makes you really wonder.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Am I alone in thinking this is messed up even without the death?

Nope, you are not alone. I think we'll all be seeing more of this as the older cops retire and the new rookies finally get to act out their rage from playing too much Grand Theft Auto.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Thats actually makes me sick to my stomach. I did not realise they were also profiting from his murder for a reality series let alone being drunk.

I think you missed this part in the article it makes me even more sick. This isn't the cops first murder either....

Quote from the Article

Yant — who was involved in previous police shootings, including a fatal one — is no longer a narcotics detective. He has since been reassigned to Metro’s crime analyst group as an officer.

edit on 26-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Concerning restricted post

Sorry, didn't expect this. Is there a list of what sources we can't use? Can we just supply the links?

Anyway the cop has a history. In 2002 he killed somebody but his statements contradicted evidence. Also under investigation for a made up drug raid. Google his name.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It probably went down exactly like this.... (raw video)

This guy had less than $10 worth for this raid.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes I posted above the exact quote from the article about his previous murder. He has also shot several people as well.

I bet many Police officers in the Force murder people over animosity in drug raids(if they know them personally) and other situations whenever they can; I'm sure they use their invulnerability to their advantage. It Disgusts me

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
maybe this guy got what he deserved.im sure he didnt care who he sold weed too and probably would have sold more dangerous drugs to youngters as well..just another dead criminal not really a big deal i hope his family dont profit to much out of this.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darbur
maybe this guy got what he deserved.im sure he didnt care who he sold weed too and probably would have sold more dangerous drugs to youngters as well..just another dead criminal not really a big deal i hope his family dont profit to much out of this.

Really? Is that your final answer?

My heart goes out to you. I hope no one in your family is ever wrongfully killed. Karma is a bitch.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

Sad when we condone killing people based on maybe's and probably. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join