It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Las Vegas SWAT Team Kills Man In Raid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

no one in my family is selling drugs so i dont expect my door to be kicked down anytime soon...ps there is no such thing as karma its just life

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

no its sad that these scum get this kind of attention from all you bleeding hearts out there.who the hell runs when police kick down your door and start screaming get on the floor he got what he deserved either for drug dealing or for not following police instructions if he stayed sitting he would still be alive to sell drugs to kids today so all in all not a bad days work

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

It seems to me that you are saying drunk cops killing people = good

but a pot smoker with a tiny bit of weed = bad

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

if you read up on this elsewhere and not just ats you will see no mention of alcohol so im not sure they were drinking i couldnt find anything on alcohol but i could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

Well darbur I do hope you enjoy your brief stay on ATS as a member. After looking at your posts I see you contribute nothing constructive and have a habit of posting trollish replies. Stay on topic please.

You say no one in your family is a drug dealer so you have nothing to worry about. Have you ever heard of drugs being planted on someone?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darbur
reply to post by buni11687

if you read up on this elsewhere and not just ats you will see no mention of alcohol so im not sure they were drinking i couldnt find anything on alcohol but i could be wrong.

From the link I first posted.

Cole's family claims that "certain members" of Officer Yant's squad had been drinking alcohol that day.
The complaint states: "At all relevant times herein, it was a policy, practice and custom for certain members, including higher ranking officers, of Metro to drink alcohol while they were working and investigating alleged cases, including the case of Trevon Cole. Specifically, certain members of Team 8, the squad of Bryan Yant, drank alcohol on the job during the relevant time period at issue in this lawsuit.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

yes in the movies that happens all the time
and as long as i dont offend ats members by name calling like you have done then i see no reason not to be here so i will enjoy my stay here thank you very much

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

Funny thing is he probably wouldn't be robbing anyone cause he obviously sold bud I bet he didn't even own a gun I don't know many small time dealers that go out and get one cause they deal lol. Not to mention this guy probably just sold a bit to cover his habit and more than likely in Vegas he wasn't selling # to kids. So now that I've covered all the angles wanna reply again you just look pathetic and dumb be my guest I'm movin on

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What horrifies me the most about this is the fact that the kid's only "crime" was possession of marijuana (at least, that's what it appears to be).

Honestly... marijuana isn't even a moral evil and the kid lost his life over it.

...After reading that the officer who fired the fatal shot had killed someone while on duty in the past, makes this case even more horrifying. That officer should have been stripped of his badge after he killed the first person, then at least this kid would still be alive today.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I did some searching about the case and found these links.

www.opposingviews.com...

It took the jury only 90 minutes to clear Yant, even though the Review Journal and other sources report that his testimony and that of others were riddled with disturbing inconsistencies, including:

• Only one of the six officers present during the raid heard Yant give verbal orders to Cole. That officer testified that Yant said nothing to Cole about his hands.

• The bullet that killed 300-pound Cole traveled through his cheek and neck in a downward angle, leading the medical examiner to find it “highly unlikely” that Cole stood and stepped toward Yant, as Yant claims.

• Both the medical examiner and homicide detective who investigated the scene believe that Cole was crouched over the toilet when he turned toward Yant.

• Assistant District Attorney Chris Owens said the evidence suggests there was an “accidental discharge” when Yant kicked in the bathroom door. Other officers present heard both a door kick and a gunshot.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Detective Bryan Yant, who has been involved in other questionable shootings, testified that he fired the fatal shot after Cole stood up and moved his hands toward the officer “in a shooting motion.”

Now thats a lot of inconsistencies. Yant said the guy stood up, but the bullet traveled through his cheek down his neck (thats shooting downwards). Only 1 of the 6 present officers heard Yant give orders to the guy, and the orders didnt even have anything to do with his hands. Seriously? Yant couldnt have just said "It was an accident when I kicked in the door". Instead he has to make up a story about how the guy was being agressive and had to shoot him.....

Heres another article

www.lvrj.com...

Despite contradictory statements by nearly everyone else who testified, Yant stood by his story that he fired the fatal shot only after Cole stood up, turned and thrust his hands toward Yant as if he had a gun.

This guy has some balls to tell lie after lie when nearly everyone else knows your lying.

But it dosent end there

From the 2nd article in this post

Harney, who ran the narcotics Street Team 8, testified that the mistakes began with Yant's affidavit seeking a search warrant.

In Yant's affidavit, he mistakenly said Cole had a history of drug trafficking.

Despite having a copy of Cole's California driver's license complete with a physical description and date of birth, Yant confused Cole with a Trevon Cole from Houston and California, who was seven years older, at least 3 inches shorter and 100 pounds lighter.

Harney said Yant should have compared the birth dates and physical descriptions of both Trevon Coles to verify the information.

Um, what???? Was this even the guy they were looking for? Seriously??????

To add another kick-

Laurent also pressed Harney on Yant's decision to kick open the bathroom door despite having no backup officer and a dead flashlight.

yea.....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darbur

I politely asked you to stay on topic, instead you resorted to name calling. The topic for discussion is Drunk Las Vegas SWAT Team Kills Man In Raid If you have nothing constructive to add to this topic please try the Rants forum or General Chit Chat as an outlet for your opinions.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Cant seem to post certain links relating to this case.

Apparently, Yant also didnt cross-check to make sure this guy was the right one they were after. They mistook him for somebody a few years older, and from a different state. Plus, there were so many inconsistencies in the trial, almost everyone didnt believe Yants story on why he killed the guy.

edit on 26-4-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The family says the police squad "drank alcohol on the job during the relevant time period

I think this is total fabrication; did the squad pop a top in front of the family during the raid? did they leave empties on the lawn?
If these LEO's killed this man wrongly, let the FACTS convict them, not a false bloody glove

<< 1    3  4 >>

join