It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

terror threat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
my friend told me a story and i found it strange it did not make the news
ok well my friend work in a summer camp with kids and he is like a director or something and they pay him and he goes with the other directors and the campers to the local swimming pool and to the movie thearter and they also go bowling so the other week the camp goes to the movie thearter and they watch some disney movie Around the world in Eighty days. he told me in the middle of the movie the fire alarm goes off and the ushers clear the whole movie thearter and the campers and the directors (my friend) go to the parking lot off the mall and they see that there are hundreds off cops and alot of fire trucks and ambulences out side waiting they ask what happened and were told by a cop that there was a bomb scare or something. they also see the whole mall was evacuated. what i find weird is that it did not make the news and no one knows about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
just to let you know i live in miami florida and it was Dolphin Mall

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Same thing happened here reciently. I heard that airport that I live near was evacuated from a pilot who works out of it. I also didnt hear anything on the news in regards to this evacuation local or state. Its kinda scarey when they do those things and "don't" tell you why they evacuated it and you hear nothing about it anywhere. Although you know it happened. I havent heard my from the pilot since then so I don't know what the reason was.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Bomb threats happen every day, unless a bomb was found they more than likely wouldn't put too much effort into a story.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
We in the media do not generally report on suicides and terror threats....firstly we dont want to give every wacko the idea that he's gonna get onto tv for doing these things, Also, you may see something on the news at the time a say "mall evac" wasoccuring, but once officialssay it was nothing, this generaly becomes a low priority.

I have noticed tho that the overall info trail...has become much slower from authorities....we sometimes get info from them from a threat or bomb scare a week after the event, and usually when they want the publics help finding the person.

there are more nut cases calling in fake threats than you could immagine daily. and as for suicides, they are several a day....covering ALL of these things would be difficult for any station's staff to get to each day, plus remember,we're tryingnot to perpetuate people doing this behaivor.

I do question the abillity for the media to monitor and access info from authorities...its getting harder and harder to even find out about a traffic wreck, let alone an officer involved shooting or something big.

Now most TV news places listen in on emergency scanner frequencies, but more and more departments are going to a digital coded system that garbles the communications....how will the media (or any citizen) then monitor live events concerning pd/fd officials?

top topics

join