It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony PSN hack: 75Million Accounts Compromised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
On below link is the latest update from Sony, and it's bad news.
Someone managed get through to the most personel data, on PSN users accounts.

blog.eu.playstation.com...

Here are some reactions from gamers + a bunch of links to different gaming sites.
n4g.com...

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity passwords and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-4-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2011 by Mianeye because: Missing h

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

One reason why i do not games online. i only play single player or system link games, I have had my ps3 for 3 years and not once had it online, same for my 360.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
too funny, hopefully sony gets sued or something

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Not funny, and i hope the hackers get sued

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Hopefully me and my brother are not under these 75 million hacked ones, eventhough my PS3 broke over a year ago. >.>

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It was the long 4 Day Weekend here (UK) ... And people were unable to play online ...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
how can you be against the hackers, if there was the stupid make everything private ownership and all the other rules to pirating there wouldnt be hackers going after sony. Its the big corporations that are the problem not the hackers.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Well...People need to get with the program and get an Xbox already.
Yea, you have to pay for XB live, but, at least It's always up and running and secure.

So far......

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

You make me
Xbox is not more secure just because you pay for it, you use the credit card to pay for the subscription, and if a litle hole is there, the hackers will also be there, it's happening all the time all over the net.

This is a seriuos thing with the PSN, but lets see how it turns out, and you can allways buy the prepaid cards for both, so that alone lowers the risk.
And by the way, i jumped of the Xbox after 3 RRoD and no new exclusive games, my children loves the PS3 for the games and the numbers of them + no subscription to pay, just for being able to game online.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by Alexander the Great

You make me
Xbox is not more secure just because you pay for it, you use the credit card to pay for the subscription, and if a litle hole is there, the hackers will also be there, it's happening all the time all over the net.

This is a seriuos thing with the PSN, but lets see how it turns out, and you can allways buy the prepaid cards for both, so that alone lowers the risk.
And by the way, i jumped of the Xbox after 3 RRoD and no new exclusive games, my children loves the PS3 for the games and the numbers of them + no subscription to pay, just for being able to game online.

Peace

Exactly I mean how much more safe is the x box? If whoever hacked the psn put the time and effort then he or they could of done the same to the x box, this whole thing if fishy as hell to me. And yup same here switched over from the x box to the ps3 as well, when the dam thing keeps rrod and black screening on me, and not only that more then half the people I knew or played with online had the same problems, and some even bought like 4 different x boxes because they kept breaking.

But this thing with hacking the psn is more serious then i thought, as well as a criminal offence because of all the personal info they can get like credit card numbers and such. It looks like the psn will be down for a while.
edit on 27-4-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I just really hope this thing dosn't turn out to be an excuse to make us pay for an account, i really can't afford another bill.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
I just really hope this thing dosn't turn out to be an excuse to make us pay for an account, i really can't afford another bill.

Then don't pay, nobody can "make" you pay for an optional service.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

Oh I know no one can make me pay, but my teenage son will probably beg the heck outa me and make my life miserable until I do pay. He is already bi@#hen about it every other day. He will just have to find his own way to pay cause I ain't got it!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by MushroomWig

Oh I know no one can make me pay, but my teenage son will probably beg the heck outa me and make my life miserable until I do pay. He is already bi@#hen about it every other day. He will just have to find his own way to pay cause I ain't got it!!

Heh, I love that attitude. :]

Probably exactly how I'd be if I had any children. "Oh you want this? Buy it yourself!".

top topics

join