It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Your friend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is my first post, so please be gentle on me lol!

It's so easy to get caught up in the doom and gloom constantly seen on this site so I wanted to throw something in that others might be interested in that's NOT doom and gloom.

It's actually a story about best friends. To start, he's always there for me. He can tell my moods well and knows when I am feel down and is there to comfort me. He sleeps with me at night and greets me in the morning. He greets me when I walk in the door (Given he's not asleep lol) even if I have been gone for 5 minutes and he's one of the best out there and I wouldn't trade him for all of the wealth in the world.

For years (he's 5 this year I believe) he has been by my side, through thick and thin. When I didn't have money to feed him, he ate what I ate (Granted I had to eat some pretty bland food so he could eat it too, but we made it work). When he wants to play, he brings me a toy that he likes to play with and drops it in front of me for me to throw. Granted, he hasn't given me a dime for the care I have given him but he's given me something so much better. Unconditional love.

I'm guessing you've probably realized by now that he's not a human, but he's still his own little person and I consider him my equal.

He's actually my cat, Drach (said Drake) and I firmly believe he is my physical familiar and found me to help me cope with all of the bad in today's world.

We got him when he was about 6 months old from people who had a bunch of Chihuahuas and at first we believed he got his dog-like traits from growing up around them (he even drinks like a dog lol!).

When we first got him I told my sister that he didn't appear to have normal cat eyes - he actually has more human-like. I think I am the only person who sees this because I mention it to others and they say that they look like any other cat eyes.

We believe he's a Chartreux based mix because of the traits he has (After extensive research on blue cats), but no one can be sure when gotten from someone else. They always say that a pet chooses their owners when given the option and when we first got him he was everyone's cat. Quickly he gravitated to me and became mine and we grew a very special, strong bond.

A lot of ppl would wonder why I say that he is my equal, for there are a lot of people out there who consider animals as not having a soul and being just that - and animal. Drach is so much more for me. He gets more attention than any one other human being around me and he helps to keep me sane with his playful antics or when he curls up on my lap.

I heard somewhere that when a cat chooses a person, they willingly share their energy with them and I think that we both share energy between each other. Not sure if it's proof but even on humid days when there is not much static electricity in the air, I can pet him from head to tail and by the time I get to his tail, we both get a shock. It's kinda cool. I am so proud and happy to have him and I would never deliberately leave him behind.

If I can find a picture of him, I will post it

So I am curious about other people who have such strong bonds with their animals?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Your boy Drach sounds wonderful!

I have a very strong bond with my 'boy' Jaia (my avatar pic) He is loyal, SMART, sensitive and wise and he brings me so much joy every day!

Once, there was a strange person on our property and my husband was out of town. So, I let Jaia out of the yard and we walked together around the property checking it out. He stayed RIGHT by my side until he caught the scent of a stranger. Then he was off! He tracked the scent all around the edge of the property (the fence) and back out the gate. I was SO amazed and so proud! I felt safe.
edit on 4/26/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Great post!

I am a dog lover myself, My best friend's name is gunner a 5 year old blood hound..
I could share my many, many adventures gunner and I have had, But it would easily take up 3 pages of your thread..

So i will keep it simple, We rescued gunner from a animal shelter when he was only 13 weeks old.. And ever since then it's been on like shaggy & Scooby..

I would give up anything for gunner in a second, He has stood by me when no human has, And he has stuck by me and been loyal to me even through the darkest of times.. never expecting anything in return, Accept my love, and of course his scooby snacks..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What a beautiful pup! I like dogs a lot. Had quite a few in my lifetime - All German Shepherds too.

I often wonder if different animals were put around us to help find each other and help each other

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Isn't it amazing how animals will stick by our sides more than other humans will and really don't expect anything in return? Perhaps the animals are onto something lol

There are so many people out there with the notion 'I will scratch your back if you scratch mine, but if you don't, I don't want anything to do with you, yet a pet will offer you to scratch their backs and what do you get in return? The wagging tail of a happy dog, or the purr of a happy cat
It's a wonderful feeling.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That was such a good story. I love my dog kimo ( named after a hockey player). Hes treated like one of the kids.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I don't have any pets anymore but my cat Lily was my best friend.

She would always greet me at the door in her "Princess" stance as my bf called it. Every time I came home she was there right at the door waiting for me. My bf said she would hear my car coming and would get up from wherever she was and go to the door and wait for me. I thought it was so cute. She was my baby. She was there for me many times when I was sad or having a bad time. She was right there next to me. It makes me sad to think of because she really helped me through a lot of tough situations in my life. Sounds silly since she was just a cat but to me she was more than that. It makes me teary to think of her cause I miss her. I could have used her earlier this year....

I remember when my roommates cousin died, Lily knew my friend was sad and sat by her side for a week. My friend was surprised but I wasnt. Lily was good about that. If someone was sad or down she would always go to them and just be there for them in a sense. It was really sweet to see her with my friend for the week. She even slept with her that week!

Lily was also very playful and friendly. Everyone loved her! She loved to take straws out of cups so if you had a cup with a straw and she was around you better believe it that the straw would disappear! I caught her red handed one day!

Lily for 7 years was my best friend and it was the hardest thing having to let her go

new topics

top topics

join