It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think NASA and amateur astronomers wouldn't cover up doomsday eh?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Helious

If it is a true doomsday, then what motivation is there for a coverup?

What I think, is that they would cover up any chance, even a likely chance, up until it becomes a certainty. Once doomsday is a certainty, there will be no cover up, no government, nobody to perpetrate the lie. Normal functions will cease as people leave to be with their loved ones and families for whatever remaining time there is.

So, will the cover up a certain doomsday? NO.
Will they refuse to disclose things that are uncertain and could result in panic and chaos? Of course!

Wouldn't it be a shame to report some event that "might" happen, and then watch people get hurt or killed in the ensuing panic, and then have the event be a near miss? All that chaos and harm for nothing?

Interesting theory good points. But to me even if it were a certainty we would convince ourselves there was some way to survive whether if be true or not, like the end of the movie knowing with the lady trying to get to some caves.I just hope we never have to find out if you or me are wrong Side note people have to many interpertations as to what doomsday means or atleast how it gets thrown around.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
reply to post by Caji316

We're just the worker ants running around on the surface and they're trying to train us like circus monkeys.

...and its working...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I love Nassim's ideas. They are so refreshing and really resonate as being part of our truth. I have seen the entire series on YouTube. I spent hours watching it one day because I literally could not pull myself away. This has never happened to me before. I felt like a waste of space watching my laptop all dang day, but what i learned was mind-blowing and made so much sense.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
A comet twice the size of Jupiter should be visible to the naked eye that even a blind person could see it (no offense!)

If Jupiter were as close to us as the moon:

Link

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't know how much he knows about physics, but he doesn't seem to know anything about comets.
As Xcalibur254 said, it was Comet Neat. You can see it here
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
It was in the news and it was never a danger to earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by iforget
How do we know that the comet in question is actually 2x the size of Jupiter? He seems to be comparing the size of the comet on the screen to the size of the sun but how do you know the distance of the object from soho?

Not that I doubt Nasa would cover something up I'm just confused at some of the conclusions here

He also states that the "comet two times the size of Jupiter" was affected by a solar discharge from the sun. [as in: it changed the direction of the object].

ATS really needs to create a facepalm smiley.
edit on 26-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I find it hard to believe you chastise this man so harshly despite his credentials while the rest of the scientific community does not, I don't think I have come across any experts in the field saying his data is inaccurate. Not saying that aren't any, but I sure haven't seen any.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Wow you really believe something twice the size of jupiter just passed through thw solar system and no one noticed except SOHO??? Do you realize the gravitational effects that would have had? Even Jupiter gravitational effects can be felt much less something twice the size.

Before you believe anything this nut says you need to do research. First he is a self-trained self-styled scientist as he puts it. What does that mean well it means he doesn't have a degree to speak of. Hes never been peer reviewed because i guess being a self styled scientist he has no clue how or chooses not to be??? As far as his theory about hydrogen atoms containing the mass of a billion suns that in itself should give you pause.Since he never gives an explanation as to why we never measure this huge mass when we weigh hydrogen (or anything else for that matter). And finally the reason the scientific community hasn't torn him apart is hes a nobody and any self respecting scientist isnt going to peer review some U tube videos. Even Wiki keeps removing him because guess what he doesn't meet there standards of a notable person only a charlatan who gets people to pay to listen to him spout garbage

As for the paper he published which is supposedly peer reviewed according to his website is a conference. They will publish the proceedings of any conference with a science or engineering theme. The only review they do is an editorial one.In other words you pay them they post it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
reply to post by Helious

This has been posted here at ATS, this particular youtube video is an narative that is not Nassim, it just uses his video. The video is amazing there is many more to go along with it and you are correct in saying that NASA / government would not share this info and the event in the video is truly amazing . I don't like the fact that people take videos and put there own narration or text in though. Thanks for sharing I would recomend the rest of the series of videos if this is new to anyone.

Ah that is Nassim Haramein in the video talking, is 2004...he just looks a bit younger...his voice is unmistakable...and his humor...great orator
And the guy that will be held in greatest esteem....look into his unified field therory....amazing...this is the next Einstein guys...YES HIS WORK HAS BEEN SUBMITTED...just wainting for them to get thier heads around the math for tourque on magnetic fields....brilliant stuff....

His opinion should be concidered very very seriously...WE ARE LIVING IN GRACE....if our sun did not "Coincidentally Flare" at it...it could have been much much worse!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
ya, there's no point. if a meteor is about to hit earth and wipe out civilization in 40 mins. what's the point.

but they should tell people, if only for the benefit of the few who won't freak out and panic, so they can make peace and prepare for the world to come.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Translation of this video: If you don't know what you are talking about anything is possible.

Breaking News:

Man Holds Sun in Hands

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4cf281122a2.jpg[/atsimg]

Has a giant race invaded Earth planning to play basketball with the sun? Oh no....

My favorite quote in the video (paraphrased)

"This comet [twice the size of Jupiter] should have cause massive disturbances in the solar system, including major tidal effects."

"Why didn't it?"

"I don't know!"

Lol your my favorite member every post you make is funny as he'll props

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by iforget
How do we know that the comet in question is actually 2x the size of Jupiter? He seems to be comparing the size of the comet on the screen to the size of the sun but how do you know the distance of the object from soho?

Not that I doubt Nasa would cover something up I'm just confused at some of the conclusions here

He also states that the "comet two times the size of Jupiter" was affected by a solar discharge from the sun. [as in: it changed the direction of the object].

ATS really needs to create a facepalm smiley.

I find it hard to believe you chastise this man so harshly despite his credentials while the rest of the scientific community does not, I don't think I have come across any experts in the field saying his data is inaccurate. Not saying that aren't any, but I sure haven't seen any.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Wow you really believe something twice the size of jupiter just passed through thw solar system and no one noticed except SOHO??? Do you realize the gravitational effects that would have had? Even Jupiter gravitational effects can be felt much less something twice the size.

Before you believe anything this nut says you need to do research. First he is a self-trained self-styled scientist as he puts it. What does that mean well it means he doesn't have a degree to speak of. Hes never been peer reviewed because i guess being a self styled scientist he has no clue how or chooses not to be??? As far as his theory about hydrogen atoms containing the mass of a billion suns that in itself should give you pause.Since he never gives an explanation as to why we never measure this huge mass when we weigh hydrogen (or anything else for that matter). And finally the reason the scientific community hasn't torn him apart is hes a nobody and any self respecting scientist isnt going to peer review some U tube videos. Even Wiki keeps removing him because guess what he doesn't meet there standards of a notable person only a charlatan who gets people to pay to listen to him spout garbage

As for the paper he published which is supposedly peer reviewed according to his website is a conference. They will publish the proceedings of any conference with a science or engineering theme. The only review they do is an editorial one.In other words you pay them they post it.

Have you actually tried to understand his ideas? His paperwork is not good enough for you??Remember Einstein? Did he have the education background to be right? Guess his stuff is crap too, or Tesla...um a poet then got visions...

Please do not be so hard on people because they do not have a "typical" education....he is self taught...visualizing geometry/other dimenisions can't be taught effectively in classrooms....its internal work...

Its cool if you are hungry like your "mood' says...but you should not be taking a bite outta Nassim like that...you really aren't being fair...go grab a drumstick from the fridge...and for gods sake close your mouth when you chew....

PS if I am not mistaken he has submitted his work to the scientific community and it is currently being reviewed....you must understand with a paradym shifting ideas they are not easily accepted...often its economics...if its cheaper not to reprint the books than its not true...once there is profit htat outwieghs the cost to rewrite science it will be accepted...

And you are indirectly saying all the ancient civilizations are incorrect in thier math aswell...this is when we wake up and realize our ancestors already knew most of the stuff we are just getting into now(string theory etc) look into the DOGONs in particualar...or any ancient teachings...we are in a 64 bit binary based octave on a huge scale to infinity...GET OVER YOURSELF...someone with no education could be smarter than someone with a piece of paper....LOL what education did Bush Jr have lmao....would you believe him instead??

Sorry, I am slightly offended/defensive. I am actually similar to Nassim in some respects...Lack of "papers" that say I am smart does not mean I am stupid
I bet if you tested his Spatial Relations aptitudesyou would understand what i mean...
edit on 27-4-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Interesting thread but not sure i believe any of it. The OP was clearly just putting his perspective on things however so no need for harsh debunking - debunk yes but no need to get carrier away!

As a side issue, would it really be a bad thing if the end of everything was concealed from us? I personally would rather be blissfully ignorant of the end than panicking like mad for months on end, literally fighting for food, shelter, etc.......as a species we should never forget the horrors that we are capable of, particularly when threatened. That said, part of me does think i'd like to know!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antinwo101

That "Area 51" caller is a hoax.Art Bell later had the guy on and he said it was just a gag...........

edit on 27-4-2011 by Skippy1138 because: Included vid

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I am wondering how foolish and ignorant the majority of posters in this thread will feel years and years from now when nothing happens and nothing mind blowing was being covered up.

I would hope that those posting in this thread even understand basic astronomy, and like myself may be amateur astronomers themselves. But....based on the complete ignorance posted by the tin foil hat crowd on this thread....well...guess not.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This guy is a fraud. Plain and simple he is a fraud.

The comet in question was Neat and was well publicized.
1. He claims it was 2x the size of Jupiter. If this lunatic had been a truthful physicist then he would not have used this useless value he would have stated mass.
2. If this fraud had been truthful he would not have suggested that a large mass passing near the Earth would cause a tidal wave.
3. If this fraud were truthful he would not have3 suggested that the Sun threw something at the comet.

I heard this nut case claiming other baloney about volcanoes being at specific latitudes. He was wrong then as well. The volcanoes are not at the latitude he claimed.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
wow Went to the SoHO movie player, there it is.. is the white circle the sun.. or the entire blue mass?

The white circle.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If it were covered up, why would they publish articles like these at the time:

NASA
Windows2Universe
Gary Kronk's Cometography
BBC News
SpiritOfMaat.com, for crying out loud!!!
NASA again.

Just because you don't follow science news doesn't mean that something is being covered up.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Comet NEAT was well publicized as shown here
Two Naked-Eye Comets At Once

My neighbor saw the comet. He knew about the comet as did I since it was so well publicized.

Thanks DJW001 for showing how well the comet was described across a wide range of outlets.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Calculations show it has passed through the inner Solar System once before but this was 37,000 years ago.

I found that interesting in light of very similar ideas about Nibiru. Not saying I agree with this guy but it was interesting.

Sadly I have to agree with the people saying that the comets were publicised. However it does sort of prove the point of the OP since all of the media releases were made AFTER the comet passed by the sun. I realise that it would do no-one any good to put out a release saying we are all gonna die, but you would think they would put something out about a close call coming up.

Case in point: Elenin will have been in the news for longer than those comets (apologies if I missed any articles besides those in the links above) and its supposedly not even as close a call as these two were.

I think its likely that our Governments can and do lie about this sort of stuff to keep us in the dark.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2011 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

However it does sort of prove the point of the OP since all of the media releases were made AFTER the comet passed by the sun.

News outlets were reporting the comet when it was something to see with the unaided eye. That is why comets are often reported after they go around the Sun, Then the tail is bright and large.

According to this site the announcement was made in 2002. That is why the comet has the designation it does. The historical information goes into great detail about reports on the comet. These reports are nearly continuous and show that there was great interest in the comet even if the regular news did not mention the comet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Ok ill be nicer instead of saying he has no education and his theories are stuff you can find in a 9th grade science book. Ill take the flip side you can put up any of his theories and ill tell you what is wrong with his assumptions and ill do it in a nice way i promise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join