It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal jelly secret revealed...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
I think bee keeping should become America's favorite new hobby. I took a course in HS and it's not that difficult really.

You know that sounds like a fantastic idea!

.... I mean.... really!

I'm going to start mentioning the idea to my neighbors too..... maybe we can get a community hive started.... community hive .... heh .... there a pun in there somewhere ..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
I think we could already do that using fresh Royal Jelly from any thriving hive. However, how the protein works can now be studied for clues about mortality so it's fascinating nonetheless.

True true... I only wish we could guarantee no Big Pharma influence nonsense with the research....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
good job op. Im guessing now we can counter the government master plan to destroy these great creatures of nature! Lets hope we come up with some breaking invention to save our population soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Knowing how important Bees are for human existence, this is a subject that has concerned me for some time. This news leaves me with at least some hope that we may yet save the Bees and perhaps ourselves as well.

Great post!

edit on 26-4-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

S & F

Thanks for bringing this to my (our) attention. It is a good piece of news and recently I feel I've needed some.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Let's try to resist the mundane off topic jokes, please.

And the one line ' cool thread/topic ' type posts, too.

TIA
edit on Tue Apr 26 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting info.

Thanks for posting this.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, right on! S+F. Wasn't it Einstein who said once the bees disappear, so would we?
Good find. Lets hope this can help with the dwindling populations.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is a great find, especially concerning all the depressing news about our agricultural system lately.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well, it does sound promising...............
but I'm always leary of this stuff that eff's with nature........
kinda what got us into this problem to begin with....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
This seems like excellent news for the honeybees! Hopefully, they will find it also useful in medical applications for us human beings too. I am definitely going to follow this development.

I wonder what it tastes like? Royal honey on bread, cake or muffins!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
i make it a general rule not to star or flag any moderators, but i made an exception here because this could turn out to be pretty important...nice find...

just wondering why? have you read any of skyfloating's threads? more people need to read that stuff. flags help

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

There is an interesting article at alternativemedia.org directly relating to this dated April 11th, regarding the decline of bee populations due to Industry.

Maybe that find could be of great help in reducing the potential threat to the species.

alternativemedia.org/i ndustry’s-war-on-nature-‘what-are-the-bees-telling-us

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This sounds truly promising...

I don't think there really are all that many that 'sincerely' understand how important the Bee Colonies are to the human race. It really does boil down to no bees - no humans (in the long run). We oh so need them to survive for our very own survival.

Thanks for bringing this welcomed news to light for us.

Johnny

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Royal Jelly has been around for centuries at least in Asian stores. It is interesting that they have isolated the one protein that seems to cause the larvae to become a queen, but ........... as someone has already said, thinkin we can now do something with that knowledge may be a bit premature.

Sure, go ahead and study that one thing to see where it leads but remember: The bees do not just produce that one ingredient by itself. It is only one element of many for a reason. There is some kind of symbiosis there with the mix that is important or nature wouldn't have made it that way.

... just sayin ...
edit on 4/27/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Really neat find!

I've also been seeing a lot of stores carrying Royal Jelly capsules as supplements for human consumption, and it seems to be catching on as of late, in fact my boyfriend actually takes these. I'm not too sure exactly why, but apparently it can lower cholesterol, blood pressure, and increase energy... though, from what I've really read into so far, all the tests have been on mice so I'm not basing this on human testing by any means, but it'll be really cool to see what this ends up doing for society, insect or otherwise!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Great news for the bees. 2nd year beekeeper here, and it's great to find ways to possibly heal/help these ladies (and a few guys) out!

I agree with one of the posters; beekeeping should become our national pasttime. It's also a shame that there are increasing homeowner associations that are starting to ban beekeeping; considering them a nuisance. All homeowner associations should be banned, or subject to minimal enforcement capabiltities. They are out of control!!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
When I was on homoeopathic medicine, I was given a year long course of this stuff, specifically Ginseng in Royal Jelly.

The stuff was amazing, restored my body back to health and countered a great deal of my head injuries (brain damage, motor control issues on my left side).

This kind of story makes you realise the true conspiracy of this world, one of profit. These people sitting at the top do not fit into nature, at all. They are opposed to everything is natural, that is helpful and that is right, instead they want to disconnect mankind from everything until we are nothing more than animals in a cage.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gconran
Great news for the bees. 2nd year beekeeper here, and it's great to find ways to possibly heal/help these ladies (and a few guys) out!

I agree with one of the posters; beekeeping should become our national pasttime. It's also a shame that there are increasing homeowner associations that are starting to ban beekeeping; considering them a nuisance. All homeowner associations should be banned, or subject to minimal enforcement capabiltities. They are out of control!!

I'm looking into the local laws here regarding bee keeping but I'm pretty sure there will be nuisance laws preventing me from persuing it. I find it ironic that nuisance laws restrict the keeping of domesticated bees while the wild honey bees are dying off. If the wild honey bees die off then we will surely find it to be more than just a nuisance.

In the area that I live, I haven't seen a honey bee in a couple of years, I've only seen the little carpenter bees. Luckily those bees pollinate the local flora.

I found a couple of web sites that have some great info on Bee keeping for anyone interested.

Backyard Beekeeping

(Please forgive the link to this blog... if it's a violation please let me know and I'll remove it.)

Basic Beekeeping

Beemaster

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join