It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ki Energy/Shaolin Monks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
cjf

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
‘gamerman’

To my knowledge once prior is the only time you have posted concerning the topic of this thread; yet you state the following:

Originally posted by gamerman
Hey , whats up with you being so rude ? I just said this because everytime iv seen it been written it has a Q before the I and the Qi-gong is the type of exersice the Monks use to achive more self controll and get the chakra controlled etc....

If that was your intent, how can anyone infer your conveyance through this initial statement as follows:

I do belive they called it Qi-Gong

Based upon what??

I replied accordingly with an attempt to give a personal example to the original poster with the correct reply to my original statements.

I can not reason through you first post beyond what is stated. I will respond in kind, however in my response will try and include 'substance' and thought. If you take it as rude, well...read your initial statment.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Mouth moving out of synchronization with words ... "Say! Your Kung-Fu, Kung-fu, kung-fu, kungfu", etc. is very good!

C'mon guys... Play nice. This is an interesting discussion, even if some of the fundamental "wisdom" that some folks have written is a little incorrect. But... Hey! It's a big world with lots of room for improvement.

Buddhist Koan... What did the fingers say to the face?

Now.. Y'all play nice and continue discussing... This is getting interesting.

Perhaps you would share some of your experiences of your year with the Shaolin?

And can someone tell me of the history of Sa Ho Sang?

cjf

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
C'mon guys... Play nice. This is an interesting discussion, even if some of the fundamental "wisdom" that some folks have written is a little incorrect.

Please, enlighten me/us.

….hopefully w/o a Zen Buddhist “folk story”.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A reminder to stay on topic.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Picture displays the vital Ki energy points of the human body

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjf
‘gamerman’

To my knowledge once prior is the only time you have posted concerning the topic of this thread; yet you state the following:

Hey , whats up with you being so rude ? I just said this because everytime iv seen it been written it has a Q before the I and the Qi-gong is the type of exersice the Monks use to achive more self controll and get the chakra controlled etc....

If that was your intent, how can anyone infer your conveyance through this initial statement as follows:

I do belive they called it Qi-Gong

Based upon what??

I replied accordingly with an attempt to give a personal example to the original poster with the correct reply to my original statements.

I can not reason through you first post beyond what is stated. I will respond in kind, however in my response will try and include 'substance' and thought. If you take it as rude, well...read your initial statment.

I am sorry that my respond was not good and yet so little information in it.

Based upon what.... ? Well written with Qi-Gong in several documentaries iv seen . When I arrived in China I had an english teacher who also wrote it with a "Q". But I do not know if its correct , just that thats the way I learned it.

The reason why I got a bit angry at you was this sentence you wrote :

is the real friggin' script representation smart guy

----

I get really prowoked when you use that tone against me but hey , no bad feelings ^_^

Sorry I went sort of off-topic here

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
``

About a week or so ago- - -I was reading up on the Shaolin Temple & their tour group,
getting real business like and trade-marking the name &/or incorporating,

this image;
(not available!!!)
this link;
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

"A young monk of China's Shaolin temple demonstrating his skills.
The monks have increasingly been using copyright rules to protect their name from rip-offs" [AFP]

cjf

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I am sorry that my respond was not good and yet so little information in it.

It wasn’t that it was ‘not good’, rather very familiar as to short comments people far too often leave on this site which do not address the content, rather pick out a single minute point, which is usually non-important, and dwell upon it incessantly.

....I took it this way and apparently that was not the intent, no harm done.

Based upon what.... ? Well written with Qi-Gong in several documentaries iv seen . When I arrived in China I had an english teacher who also wrote it with a "Q". But I do not know if its correct , just that thats the way I learned it.

The English translations and general books on this topic have different spellings and word structures for the same script to n’th degree. They all nearly mean the same but there is very little consistency. Qigong or Qi’gong seem to be the written convention from what I have read (sometimes ‘Chi-Kung’ but as you can tell no consistencies). Cantonese (Hei) vs. Mandarin (Qi or Chi usually) doesn’t help either.

But to the topic, I have no doubt concerning the prevalent existance of Qi(Chi)

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I've been taking it for over 2 years and totally enjoy the activity. No religion involved, just great exercise. My favorite styles are snake, straightsword, staff, chang chuan, and looking forward to more of the long-fist styles.

Here's my school: www.usawushu.net...

And my fav. styles:

(If you think it's fun to watch at the movies, ya really got to try it out because it is awesome
)

Ki. Hm... well, I have focused energy/effort into one spot and delivered it to a particular location/focused. No magic involved, but the physics of it all is fascinating. My recommendation is doing some of the exercise then taking a closer look at the F = M x A equations and then some. All the numbers are there, nothing 'grabbed from space' to create miracles. Sorry if that's not the answer you're looking for, but if you want a miracle, then I can help give direction to Him that can deliver.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Pray, train, study...

With the styles, be sure to study Ki foods and their preparation, including growing and preparing them yourself as much as possible. I recommend finding a Japanese supermarket in your area or online. There are companies online that will deliver frozen Sushi seafoods, Sharikiku rice, condiments and greens directly to your door if you are not near a market.

Include a study of Naturopathic medicine.

Ki foods including Green Tea and Miso Soup are the secret to unleashing Ki power in your body, and to create and maintain health. Ki foods prevent sickness from developing and can heal many disorders.

We do not wash our belts. With many years of practice, building, gardening and cooking, our original white belts turn black. This process is what makes a Master; it cannot be rushed. The peace of abundance that this practice brings makes fighting merely an art, not a neccesity.

This is the true Way.

Domo Arigato Gozaimas, Saint4God...

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
With the styles, be sure to study Ki foods and their preparation, including growing and preparing them yourself as much as possible. I recommend finding a Japanese supermarket in your area or online. There are companies online that will deliver frozen Sushi seafoods, Sharikiku rice, condiments and greens directly to your door if you are not near a market.

Include a study of Naturopathic medicine.

Ki foods including Green Tea and Miso Soup are the secret to unleashing Ki power in your body, and to create and maintain health. Ki foods prevent sickness from developing and can heal many disorders.

Hmmm, I'm more of a fan of:

Filet Mignon & chicken teryaki! *drool, drool*

Green Tea is aight, but like I Oolong myself. Probably not as good for ya, but can't beat the taste.

I believe there have been study that organic, herbal things are good for ya, and recently Green Tea being high in anti-oxidants. I'm not that savvy but definately appreciate the advice!

We do not wash our belts. With many years of practice, building, gardening and cooking, our original white belts turn black. This process is what makes a Master; it cannot be rushed. The peace of abundance that this practice brings makes fighting merely an art, not a neccesity.

This is the true Way.

Domo Arigato Gozaimas, Saint4God...

No way! I mean...I'm sure that's how it happend, but, I have to bring that sash inside the house...so when I do it goes right into the wash. Otherwise people would be like Colon Powell around me:

"You so steeeeenky!"

God bless America for letting me have fun with the leadership.

[edit on 5-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HKoT

How is this accomplished? By stretching 1000s of times a day, by punching 1000s of times a day, and excersising like crazy.

In fact I read of one master who practices each moring by hitting an Iron block 10000 times before he does ANYTHING else.

Now THAT is how they can do the stuff they do...constant, endless repetition.

I seen that guy before the bones in his hand are infact much denser then normal peoples. You start off with weaker wood wrapped in rope,buckets of sand or pebbles. The repeated trama of many impacts over time makes you bones much harder.

After a time you can punch stuff that would shatter a normal humans hand.

The guys knuckles are pretty deformed though the knuckels like fuse together or something, its not very pretty

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjf

Originally posted by sigung86
C'mon guys... Play nice. This is an interesting discussion, even if some of the fundamental "wisdom" that some folks have written is a little incorrect.

Please, enlighten me/us.

….hopefully w/o a Zen Buddhist “folk story”.

Absolutely no offense intended, but how do you expect to speak a language, if you can not understand it?

What is the sound of one ear flapping????

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I seen that guy before the bones in his hand are infact much denser then normal peoples. You start off with weaker wood wrapped in rope,buckets of sand or pebbles. The repeated trama of many impacts over time makes you bones much harder.

After a time you can punch stuff that would shatter a normal humans hand.

The guys knuckles are pretty deformed though the knuckels like fuse together or something, its not very pretty

This is true and was a more common practice in kung-fu schools than a tale of any kind. We have milder versions of it at our school including fist, wrist and fingertip push-ups. They're hard! I could not do more than 3 fingertip push-ups but have worked up to 10 (15 if I have to). That's over 3 years, and 3 days a week practice.

From what I understand, the joint cartilage becomes softer tissue too with a lot of flexibility practice. The up-side: Great flexibility, less likely to tear. The down-side: Higher likelyhood of painful inflamation. I can't validate that yet, but will let you know when I'm 60.

Can't imagine how anyone could get injured in Kung-Fu though
. Looks safe to me:

I had to sign a waiver saying if I get hit, it's my fault. My Sifu said, "If someone is punching at you, you'd better block it or you're going to get hit". Fortunately for me its light-contact until black-sash.

[edit on 6-10-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join