It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Latest Wretch is Robert DeNiro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Donald Trump was criticized by Robert DeNiro, and Trump verbally buried him. When are these Hollywood types going to learn that just because a person can act, it doesn't mean the person can actually communicate their opinions well.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
saw that!

deNiro is a great actor, so is sean penn, doesn't mean that they should stay out of politics, just that they shouldn't get a pass if they say something stupid and get their lunch eaten.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Trump Slams De Niro

NEW YORK CITY – After Robert De Niro had a discussion with NBC News’ Brian Williams at the Tribeca Film Festival saying Donald Trump was nothing more than “a car salesman”, Trump fired back saying De Niro is “not the brightest lightbulb on the planet.”

When De Niro was being interviewed by Williams he didn’t hold back his feelings about Trumps questioning the birthplace of President Barack Obama. "It's like a big hustle. It's like being a car salesman. Don't go out there and say things unless you can back them up," De Niro said. "How dare you? That's awful to do. To just go out and speak and say these terrible things? Unless you just wanna get over and get the job. It's crazy."

On Monday Trump fired back during a phone interview on “Fox & Friends.” "Well he's not the brightest bulb on the planet," Trump said of De Niro. "I've been watching him over the years and I like his acting, but, you know, in terms of when I watch him doing interviews and various other things, we're not dealing with Albert Einstein."

LOL, that's gold!

I vote for Trump for President!

edit on 26-4-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I would love to hear Robert say to Donald just once... "You talkin' to me?"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"I used to watch Billy Graham for years and years."

Sure you did Donald.

He really maybe serious about running, he's certainly trying to say the right things.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I must be the only one on ATS with the sense to realize that Donald Trump is an arrogant buffoon that would treat American citizens as his employees, with the customary "You're Fired!" broadcast on loudspeakers in public squares.

No thanks, Donald.

As for Hollywood actors, it's only kosher if they're conservatives. If they're liberals, then throw the book at them. At least, this seems to be the attitude on here.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Makes me wish DeNiro went all Travis Bickle on him.

"You talking to me? I said, are you talking to me?"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

Donald Trump was criticized by Robert DeNiro, and Trump verbally buried him.

Verbally buried him?

It seems more like Trump just called him stupid. You know, the sort of reaction you'd expect from a 5-year-old.

I'll retort in the manner Trump is accustomed to, and say that I've seen him on the news a few times recently, and I'm not getting the impression that he's the brightest bulb. DeNiro brought up a valid point: why is Trump wasting so much of his time talking about Obama's birth certificate (beating a dead horse), instead of telling us exactly what he'd do to fix our country? He goes on and on about how he'd be the greatest president in history, yet he's so far failed to accurately explain anything he would do once in office.

Either way, seeing the support he's managed to gather and knowing that he has the financial capacity to be another Ross Perot, he will probably draw enough votes away from any other viable Republican candidate and guarantee an Obama victory in '12.

edit on 26-4-2011 by drwizardphd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

DeNiro brought up a valid point: why is Trump wasting so much of his time talking about Obama's birth certificate

Because if there's anyone who knows how to use the stupidity of bigots and racists for personal profit, it's Trump.

He's simply making waves the only way he knows how to...sensationalism.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Trumpology rules!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

We are employees... What we need is a better Boss....

or a return to A True Constitutional America... but that will not happen without another bloody Civil War.

It is an established fact that the United States Federal Government has been dissolved by the Emergency Banking Act, March 9, 1933, 48 Stat. 1, Public Law 89-719; declared by President Roosevelt, being bankrupt and insolvent. H.J.R. 192, 73rd Congress m session June 5, 1933 - Joint Resolution To Suspend The Gold Standard and Abrogate The Gold Clause dissolved the Sovereign Authority of the United States and the official capacities of all United States Governmental Offices, Officers, and Departments and is further evidence that the United States Federal Government exists today in name only.

www.afn.org...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Rest assured if the Bankruptcy King wins, the first thing he'll do is 'catch Bin Laden', thus perpetuating the 911 myth. He is a shill. I don't think he is serious about anything except playing his role in mollifying us, just like the media keep spewing out trash that shows people having sex or talking about sex etc....

Whatever this guy is, I have trouble looking at him. The foreskin belongs where it belongs, not on one's face.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It seems to me that people are afraid of real change monsters as opposed to Obarma the charma no changerama types. If you want things done differently than the past because the past is just a trail of failures then you get someone who is

a) different from those gone before
b) has experience of making a success in business/financially
c) direct to the point and says it like it is
d) not afraid to challenge the norms
e) prepared to rattle the cages of those in the conformist confort zone
f) clear about what the BIG issues are ahead that need to be address head on
g) no gump who doesnt suffer fools gladly
& last but not least
h) not conditioned to tow the partisan line and not worried about his peers

Call it what you will but if you want real change that will benefit the people and not the status quo monsters & the elite then vote for the colourful maverick!!

Trumpology rules!

edit on 26-4-2011 by RoguePhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Oh, but Trump has:

...why is Trump wasting so much of his time talking about Obama's birth certificate (beating a dead horse), instead of telling us exactly what he'd do to fix our country?

And, they are some doozys......he has the gall to say that Bob DeNiro is "dumb"??

"WWTD":

Basically....he says "Take the oil".....to "pay ourselves back". NO concern for International treaties, or opinion...

Yeah....good luck with this genius.....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
D is no intellectual, low grades at school, but what a great street wise actor!! Actually they'd make a good team, very different creatures but the odd similiarity.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

"Well he's not the brightest bulb on the planet," Trump said of De Niro. "I've been watching him over the years and I like his acting, but, you know, in terms of when I watch him doing interviews and various other things, we're not dealing with Albert Einstein."

He is not easily intimidated, is he?

It is certainly fun to watch, but I still wonder what he is up to.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

I hope this is sarcasm.

I really do.

I just can't imagine ANYONE wanting to vote for the guy with that weird looking rat on his head.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
"I used to watch Billy Graham for years and years."

Sure you did Donald.

He really maybe serious about running, he's certainly trying to say the right things.

Yea I know what you mean, recently in an interview he was talking about all the Bibles he owned,

Embarrassing, I can't take that seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that it doesn't really matter who gets elected. It's all going to be business as usual. Heck, Obama could WANT to actually change the country, but it's not like he can go in and just make stuff happen.

That being said, I'm surprised that people here seem to want Trump. He's a rich owner of a corporation. Everyone here complains that the common man gets screwed in favor of the rich. Do you think Trump is going to be a champion of the common man?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Could be or Im edging my bets!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join