It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's building stealth missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran is producing its first stealth missile, a rocket that can evade electronic detection, the Iranian Defense Ministry said Tuesday while withholding its range.

The missile, named Kowsar after a river in Muslim descriptions of paradise, will be capable of hitting ships and aircraft, Defense Ministry spokesman Mohammad Reza Imani told The Associated Press.

He refused to give the missile's range or provide other details. Features of the Kowsar, such as its guidance and positioning systems, are currently on show at an exhibition in Tehran that is open only to select government officials.

Iranian state television announced the Kowsar Tuesday while screening pictures of a missile flying through the air.

Iran manufactures various missiles, chief among them the Shahab-3 whose range of 810-miles makes it capable of reaching Israel.

Iran also produces tanks, armored personnel carriers, and a fighter plane.

The Kowsar river is mentioned in the Quran, Islam's holy book.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Cruise missiles are pretty damn stealthy already, not sure how easy it is to hide ballistic missiles.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
We might see Isreal arm its self in the a little while once production on this gets on way and specifics come out as to distance.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
BOO !!!!!!

Iranian to Americans: We have super duper stealthy missile. You stay away!

President to American People: "See we told you they were dangerous now they have super duper stealthy missile that could deliver their nuclear weapons! We have to pre-emptively attack!"

BOO!!!

More Iran scare mongering. This is too obvious. As if Iran (hello?!) has "stealth" missile technology.

spelling

[edit on 7/28/2004 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Who gives a # if Iran has nukes and ICBMs, we've had them for nearly 50 years. They can make ICBMs all they want, we have thousands of them. Go ahead and let them nuke New York and Boston if you want, we'll kill every single city in the Middle East, rebuild New York and Boston while you're still wondering wtf mate? I'm sick of people trying to get me scared about a country on the other side of the world that doesn't even have 1/100th the GNP of the US.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I tend not to think Iran has such a weapon unless they purchased it from the russains.I think its some nice propoganda to scary people away. Iran spends like what 4 billion a year on its military thats small potatos in the military game I doubt they can develop anything that most other countries could not.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hmm the only two ways I�m aware of making anything stealth is either flying below the radar and/or "splashing" the radar signals off the object so that it does not return to the source.

Just that old favorite: "If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound"?
But with a twist: "If a missile flies through the air and radar can't see it, it's just not fair" ahh ok my bad.. move alone nothing funny hear.. move along..

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I tend not to think Iran has such a weapon unless they purchased it from the russains.I think its some nice propoganda to scary people away. Iran spends like what 4 billion a year on its military thats small potatos in the military game I doubt they can develop anything that most other countries could not.

actually its called the shabab-6, its based on north korean and russian missles, by 2005 it'll be finished and ready for production.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

actually its called the shabab-6, its based on north korean and russian missles, by 2005 it'll be finished and ready for production.

Well if NK and russia have them i think united states should be looking at these 2 countrys before iran, NK i see as more of threat they have a hell of a nuke program and already have stealth missles. Though we all know bush cant go after NK, becouse bush can only fight in the middle east

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

More Iran scare mongering. This is too obvious. As if Iran (hello?!) has "stealth" missile technology.

Bing! Bing! Bing! I know who gets the cupie doll....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
lol, stealth missle chasing a stealth aircraft. If the US ever had to confront them who would win??(sarcasm) This might be dangerous to normal aircraft, but the f-117 and b2 spirit should be most capable of defeating a so-called 'stealth missle'. But if anything toss a few tomahawks to make absolutely certain. This all of course assuming that the Iranians can actually deliver on thier claim.peace

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Somehow I think the AP source for this one lives in Langley people....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That makes alot more sense I did not think Iran had enough cash to develop a weapon system like this on their own. I can see them making a copy of a missile that was created by Russia/N Korea that seems a very real threat

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Who gives a # if Iran has nukes and ICBMs, we've had them for nearly 50 years. They can make ICBMs all they want, we have thousands of them. Go ahead and let them nuke New York and Boston if you want, we'll kill every single city in the Middle East, rebuild New York and Boston while you're still wondering wtf mate? I'm sick of people trying to get me scared about a country on the other side of the world that doesn't even have 1/100th the GNP of the US.

Iran has never attacked any country before and other than Israel never threatens any country. The reason Iran is threading Israel is because they threaten first and many times.

I tend not to think Iran has such a weapon unless they purchased it from the russains.

iran is very advanced in making missiles. i will post some of the iranian made missiles in the next couple of days.

Actually as the article says it�s called Kosar. Shahab 6 would be used to launch a satellite in the next couple of years.

irans current budget is $12 B and yes they do reveres engineer Russian, American, and other countries missiles and make their own missiles.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

irans current budget is $12 B

We spend that on a plane...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

irans current budget is $12 B

We spend that on a plane...

Listen my friend; don�t compare your defense budget with Iran or any other country. US current defense budget is $350 B per year and the second largest defense budget after US is $30B which is Russia.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You just sounded like you were saying 12 billion was alot, hehe....that's all. It costs big dough to be the world policeman...*sigh* and it doesn't make it any cheaper when you go around sticking sticks into hornets nests as we are doing with this little news item (that no doubt came from the CIA propaganda office)....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe its stealthy compared to most other missles availible to Iran. That or they painted it black and called it "stealth".

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Maybe its stealthy compared to most other missles availible to Iran. That or they painted it black and called it "stealth".

how old are you 4?? go play with your toys.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525

Well if NK and russia have them i think united states should be looking at these 2 countrys before iran, NK i see as more of threat they have a hell of a nuke program and already have stealth missles. Though we all know bush cant go after NK, becouse bush can only fight in the middle east

Why should the USA be only country allowed to sell technology/arms to other "rogue states"? err.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join