It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highlighting A Particular Thread Weekly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok, I am sure I'm not the only one, who sometimes is not in a doom and gloom mood, or I want a philosophical thread, or even something way outside the box, but we are not all on the same page. Which means that some threads can be overlooked, or people are wondering why they bust their humps for a thread, and get no responses.

Most of us are on different lengths at different times, and sometimes it can deter others from participating in what the populace would like to discuss, and everyone is scattered, or reading and not participating. I would like to offer a suggestion, of maybe surveying topics that seem to fit what most are discussing, and giving in opportunity for everyone to participate.

Maybe a forum would be highlighted weekly so that everyone can share on all subjects. I know that I go into the U.F.O forums very rarely and never really get to read alot of the great threads. This way we can openly share our thoughts on all subjects, and we can all learn equally. This would highlight all forums, and give those that frequent a particular forum a time to shine.

This would also give everyone something to look forward to, like next week would be (example) Skunkworks, and everyone that has a great over the top theory can share in a forum they normally would not have, and everyone would know that its the place to be that week.
Just a thought.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You know, it sounds like a good idea.

However, I like your second suggestion of highlighting a "Forum" not necessarily a "Thread" better. We already have threads that get lots of attention and are already highlighted for their heavy traffic. Keep in mind that ATS has some fast paced forums and in a world where events change drastically sometimes by the minute it's not practical IMO to have a "Thread" of the week but maybe a "Forum" of the week.

Preferably not a Gloom and Doom forum.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You know what sometimes I get distracted, and I meant to write "Forum" in the name of the thread. If at all possible a mod can come back and change it for me. Sorry, I meant to check back earlier

Peace, NRE.

join