It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[MSM Article] Japan's Terrifying Day Saw Unprecedented Exposed Fuel Rods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
From Bloomberg Business Report - source link to entire article (dated April 25, 2011) below.

The No. 1 reactor, water levels began dropping in the early morning of March 12. At 8:36 a.m., the reading showed zero centimeters as the fuel rods began to emerge and come into contact with the air. Within four hours, 1.7 meters of fuel rods were exposed.

Source

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I believe it only takes 90 minutes for the cores to start melting down after being exposed to air. They basically just sat there and watched them melt.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creamy Goodness
I believe it only takes 90 minutes for the cores to start melting down after being exposed to air. They basically just sat there and watched them melt.

I would have to look through pages of speculation or advanced nuclear physics textbooks to determine what isotopes do what. I do, however, believe you have a point. This is truly an unprecedented disaster.

My point in posting this thread was to illustrate the irony of Bloomberg (a financial site which most Americans and others would consider MSM) FINALLY reporting on the devastation this set of events has caused the people of Japan - others, clearly as well.

Why did Bloomberg cover it and no one else, and why this late?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gildedlily

Why did Bloomberg cover it and no one else, and why this late?

Because our free world is censored a lot more than we'd like to think.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Even people on ATS dont care about Japan anymore... Just paranoid BS about Obama. Frikken idiots.

top topics

join