It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the world a global economy >?<

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

It would appear they want it to be a Global Economy - but really how many times has a product from another country surplanted a local Job. ???? lots .... how is that possible >?<
and lets say it is a global economy ---- have you derived any benefit ... ? No, why >?<
I have just begun to research the questions surrounding this Political Football that appears to the breaking point of the free nations of earth.

how many people want Milk from Russia.... ???

another point I would like to dig in ?

and what should we do as citizens of the various lands to verify that our nation is getting a fair and honest deal. after all, * money can and is being manipulated so a 80K car can be sold in the third world for 25K... and how
on earth can you make economic sense out of trade deals like that.... *just for example

Just because they keep telling us something doesn't mean it true or right ... but it does tell us what needs stopping.
edit on 25-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

You're on the right track asking these questions. Figure out the answer, and you will know more than most.

Hint: who indeed is the debt owed to?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
It would appear they want it to be a Global Economy - but really how many times has a product from another country surplanted a local Job. ???? lots .... how is that possible >?<

Quite a lot, actually.
Take the textiles and footwear trade as a great example.
In the past, clothing and shoes would be made in your country, but it is way cheaper to have them made in China or Vietnam... so thats where it is done. Shipping in bulk is quite cheap nowdays.
Then... job losses in your country. After all the public "benefits" by being able to buy shirts or shoes at $50, compared to the ones you make at $70.

This kind of thing has been going on since people started moving around and trading. ie: thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

well if you take all of the international trade that goes on in US Dollars - for commodities
it would appear that what ever commodity the USA imports gets paid in US Treasuries.
now, if the dollars used end up buying US Treasuries - who paid for the commodities.
we pay for them on the shelves, but think about it... the commodity was for a few minutes
on a printing press. we did not trade labor for labor or goods for goods.. we traded paper
for labor.... some how - the IMF gets funding and it's through this dollar commodity USTreasury
transaction that they derive money from. me thinks... something for nothing that gets sold.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Why do we have an Economy, is the question that remains. Why? It only enslaves us??

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You know, someone made a documentary about debt, you probably all heard of it, but if you haven't then check it out, its mind blowing. :O , its called "money as debt""

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

it also keeps you and your family alive - it has surplanted your ability to survive without it. so now your a slave,.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by VariableConstant

well if you take all of the international trade that goes on in US Dollars - for commodities
it would appear that what ever commodity the USA imports gets paid in US Treasuries.
now, if the dollars used end up buying US Treasuries - who paid for the commodities.
we pay for them on the shelves, but think about it... the commodity was for a few minutes
on a printing press. we did not trade labor for labor or goods for goods.. we traded paper
for labor.... some how - the IMF gets funding and it's through this dollar commodity USTreasury
transaction that they derive money from. me thinks... something for nothing that gets sold.

Exactly. Are you starting to see?

It is a sham. nothing less. Paper for sweat, labor, and tangible goods. follow that line.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I believe the worlds debt is owned by the central banks and corporations. I also agree with the premise that its used mainly as a tool of enslavement. As far as a global economy the only people i see benifiting from that are the multi-national corporations and there investors.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
without a world economy we could end up with one guy from one nation saying to a guy from another nation, " i will swap you this chicken for all that black goo that is buried under your land" the oblivious hungry land owner might jump at the chance thinking that a chicken is much better than some black goo and then he will be heavily out of pocket as he has jst lost billions of dollars worth of oil for a meal for his family.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

This 'world economy' rubbish makes my blood boil it really does. Its only making a very select few rich beyond averice, and making slaves out of the rest of humanity.

They are engineering it so that if you try to step outside of their artificial system you will have neither food for the table or a roof over your head.

This truely is only tip toes away from permanent cradle to grave slavery. Look at it now - they decide what you eat, where it comes from, how much you can have, what car you can drive, where you can drive it, what water you drink, what thoughts you believe... how? Banking, Education and Political power.

They control that triangle, the rest is mere bread and circuses.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The world is a global economy because of what is called Mutually Assured Economic Destruction (MAED). Decades ago, the threat of nuclear war was everyone's fear, but the theory of Mutually Assured Destruction(MAD) was what was thought to keep someone from launching nukes. MAD meant that if you launch then we launch, and then they launch, etc... so in other words, even if America launched, then Russia would also launch and by doing so everyone would be destroyed.

Basically this same idea was applied to economics. It was thought that if the economies of the world were tied together that that would stop someone from launching nukes because if they did they would be destroying their own economy as well. Also, the US dollar is the world's reserve currency, so everyone in the world has an interest in the strength of the dollar. If America starts inflating their currency then that will effect China or Japan, and they will have to adjust their currency to compensate. When they make that adjustment then they effect another country's economy, which in turn has to make adjustments and that effects someone else, etc, etc.....
edit on 25-4-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

the main Flaw is Human Greed, and the majority of the inhabitants are not greedy (hence we have the word)
so the majority is not greedy and willing to share excesses. a small minority 1% think they can use their
surplus to screw you out of your needs. I think Jesse's Open Letter is right on the Money - but he addressing the issue as a local one... humm.... I guess, someone has to call a spade a spade and get to work fixing the shovel. cause I think we are going to have to bury this thing for a few more decades .... the rich are getting to rich and the poor are getting too poor -- time for the fear of GOD .... aka the people.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Harper is such a typical masonic nerd

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

It's pretty simple. At the end of the day we can't grow, make or produce everything we needd or want. Labor is cheap in other countries. Corporations are multinational and so on.

new topics

top topics

join