It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't sleep.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
reply to post by ElectricRed49

Oh believe me man, I have had my fair share. I know the ins and outs of that like my neighborhood lol. I am currently watching tv right now lol.

Have you tried listening to "binaural beats" ??

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I can't say that I have.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah

I can't say that I have.

Listen to them while trying to sleep, I'm assuming that your on a laptop if you are online while watching t.v.
Give this video a shot. Its worth a try.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
sorry haha... www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricRed49
sorry haha... www.youtube.com...

and this.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
have you tried melatonin?

over the counter stuff.

i suggest 3mg. i have used it myself, 3mgs, take one.

if that don't help, see a doc.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Try this!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Are you a weed smoker? if you are get off it and 3 days later ul sleep like a baby.

From the sound of things its mental rather than physical.
A few things you can try.

Eat healthier, lots of vegies and fruit
Have a set routine before bed. Decide what time you want to sleep everyday and have a ritual leading up to it that you stick to whenever you can. This lets your body know whats coming.
Try a lavender scent in your room, it relaxes you
Also try a night light in your room or a light left on outside your door, also leaving a tv you can hear in another room sometimes helps.

let us know how it works out dude.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I can't sleep either. It's 3 am here. I took a sleeping pill 2 hours ago, and sleep does not come. I'm so tired, but I know when I get into bed I'm going to toss and turn and lay there forever. My body fights sleep, it always does. I can not get to sleep until I am ready to drop.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

OP I feel your pain.Since I can remember I have always been on 35 to 40 hour days.If I HAVE to sleep I blast music and take clonazopam. Those things seem to help turn off the minds eye and ease anxiety.Doctors can't help me I had to accept it and adjust life accordingly depending on my agenda.After a while 7-10 hours sleep to 40 awake became my norm and I live more this way anyhow.We will have plenty of time to sleep when we are dead so try and make the best of it.And only use sleep meds in extreme cases they can induce insomnia as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Fellow insomniac here, At least we are in good company. I know that sometimes the more tired I am the harder it is to fall asleep. If I allow myself to get overly tired I end up awake for about three days until I finally crash. So, not allowing myself to get over tired seems to help. Meditation never worked for me, I got darn good at it, but it never helped with my sleep. I take a high does of melatonin. Usually about 15 mg I have also found that certain brands make a huge difference. If you have tried melatonin and it hasn't worked for you, brand shop, trust me. I prefer sublingal as well.

There has been cases of people who could not fall asleep ever. Its due to a rare disorder called Fatal Familial Insomnia. Obviously you can tell by the name that it's fatal. Going to long with out sleep will kill you.

Not meaning to frighten anyone but.... (As an insomniac it scared the daylights out of me)
The man who never slept

3 year old who has never slept

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Scary, the longest I ever remember staying awake for was 4 and a half days.I can see how 6 months killed him.Insomnia is a curse thats for sure I had to be home schooled before I knew how to deal with it.My parents tried to help by medicating me to no avail.I feel bad for them, just imagine your 5 year old only sleeping every other night.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Medication won't do a lot to help, it might even worsen the situation. It may seem there is something missing with you and you need a completion to complete your self so you can fall a sleep natural. Even more that sleep medication will complicate things for you, in time it will weaken you.

Sleep depravation is one of the worst things that can happen to someone.
It would seem what you describe is that you are dry, your mind brain is dry, it needs oiling, right now it's like a rock with sharp edges.

There might be something wrong, your body might not produce some hormones anymore, or it is not producing them in a suficient manner. You might lack sufficient serotonin levels.

I would start with Valerian root, it's a herb.
It takes about one week for it to kick in into full effect.

All before you go to bed 1 or two hours before bed:

1 Make tea out of Valerian roots and drink, it should be made out of the amount of 300 mg. Valerian root is a herb, or better put the roots of the herb, it acts as a sedative. Make it as an infusion tea.

2 Take up to 200 mg of magnesium, it has a calming effect.

3 Take Lecithin 1200 mg, this is most important as it is used to oil the brain, protect brain cells keep everything fluid running, and induce a natural sleep pattern so you can fall asleep very easy. Lecithin is naturaly released into the brain every evening.

For all this to work best it is good to excercise, jog 2,3 km a day.

This is for starters, there are additional things that can be done, and get rid of the sleeping pills, in time they will create nothing but problems for you like anxiety and other health problems. it's not good to be that calm, too calm and your body won't fall asleep, it will just hang in there like a broken ship.

I am very sorry for you as I once had these problems and I can relate how depressing it can be, it can reach to your frustration and kill you inside. Sleep depravation is pain.

Some say to try melatonin, it's a hormone and I advice trying to make your own melatonin, your body should make it. Taking melatonin pills should be a last resort as it is very dangerous, it can imbalance things and long term side effects can come later in your life. But telling your body to make it is another thing.

Here is a very easy explanation on how to make melatonin if your pineal is still active.
www.understand-andcure-anxietyattacks-panicattacks-depression.com...

Also Lecithin is stored by the pineal, so Lecithin is also crucial to making the melatonin hormone.
If you can't get to serotonin, there will be no melatonin, so if your body can't make it, or can't make enough of it then buy it in the form of 5-HTP, my opinion is that is safer than taking melatonin directly, even safer is tryptophan, and it's one step before the making of 5-htp serotonin, from tryptophan we get to serotonin, but maybe your body can't make it so you would have to take 5-htp directly and depend on your pineal gland to make from it melatonin.
Serotonin even not transformed into melatonin should induce sleep, and it is responsible for our well being, sleep included, but serotonin is modified into melatonin for a better sleeping hormone and we can sleep even better with melatonin.

www.advance-health.com...

Drugging your self with weed, alcohol and medical prescribed drugs is not a solution.
I wish you the best of luck. May god bless you so you can fall asleep easier.

edit on 28-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join