It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talmud Mandatory reading in South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing.

----------------

Reports of the Talmud being a national classic in South Korea have been floating around for several years, but it’s now official: The country’s ambassador to Israel, Ma Young-Sam, told the “Culture Today” TV show that Talmud study is now a mandatory part of the country’s school curriculum.
In addition, it is said, almost every home in South Korea boasts a Korean version of the Talmud, and mothers commonly teach it to their children, who call it the "Light of Knowledge."

Why? "We were very curious about the high academic achievements of the Jews," Young-Sam explained, according to a Ynet report. "Jews have a high percentage of Nobel laureates in all fields - literature, science and economics. This is a remarkable achievement. We tried to understand: What is the secret of the Jewish people? How are they, more than other people, able to reach those impressive accomplishments? Why are Jews so intelligent? The conclusion we arrived at is that one of your secrets is that you study the Talmud… We believe that if we teach our children Talmud, they will also become geniuses. This is what stands behind the rationale of introducing Talmud study to our school curriculum."

www.israelnationalnews.com...
edit on 23-4-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 4/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wow I've never read the Talmud but from what i've seen from quotes it's pretty harsh on non Jews. Maybe that is just propaganda. Can you debunk the accusation that the book says killing and stealing from Gentiles is just fine.

Awaiting your reply

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Jews are not allowed to steal from ANYONE - its one of the ten commandments.

And yes it is propaganda. Wouldnt be the first time either. See Simon of Trent (blood libels), well poisoning, protocols of the elders of zion

Now that is not to say that some Jews do steal from Gentiles thinking its ok... But its not a Talmudic belief, nor is it mentioned in the Shulchan Aruch, and even the Maharash criticizes those irreligious Jews who do those things...

Nobody can justify theft, period. Judiasm doesnt, and there is nothing more that needs to be said to prove that this very basic moral is a tenet of the belief system that made it universally incumbent on all men to honor the property of all people - Jew or non Jew.

And these South Koreans study Talmud because they unlike the conspiracy theorists out there understand that the Talmud is an incredibly deep and convoluted book of logic. They rightly call it "light of knowledge". Its purpose is to REFINE the logical mind....thus they definitely understand what many already understand, that Jews excel in academic fields because their ancestors spent their time strengthening this part of their mind through study of the Talmud.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Take this article for example. Yes it's from rense but there are tons of pretty much the same articles with the same quotes all over the web. Can you take some of the quotes and tell me if they are true or false. I would quote but I'm on an iPhone.

Awaiting your reply.

www.rense.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The Truth about the Talmud

This site clarifies and EXPLAINS to gentile readers why these quotes culled from the Talmud misrepresent Talmudic and Jewish beliefs. Its a very interesting website. Please Read it.

Heres an example:

The Accusation:

Jews May Steal from Non-Jews, Baba Mezia 24a. (Affirmed also in Baba Kamma 113b).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The passage in Bava Metzia 24a does not deal with theft but with returning lost objects with which we will deal in a separate section. However, before we deal with Talmudic texts let us look at the conclusions drawn in post-Talmudic legal works.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shulchan Aruch (Code of Jewish Law) Choshen Mishpat 348:2

Anyone who steals even a minor amount violates the prohibition of [Leviticus 19:11] "You shall not steal" and is required to repay [the amount stolen] whether one steals from a Jew or a gentile.

Shulchan Aruch Choshen Mishpat 359:1

It is forbidden to rob or to cheat even a minor amount from either a Jew or a gentile.

------------------------------------

That is from the Jewish code of Law. Does this satisfy you? Or do you still insist that the Talmud promotes theft?

Read further on this issue of theft Here

Anyone who reads Hebrew can verify the translation of this statement. You can also pick up an english translation of the Jewish Code of Law (which is binding on every observant Jew, based on the Talmud) and see for yourself what it says about theft.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was aware of South Koreans holding Jews in high regard due to their school stats and Nobel Prizes. South Koreans themselves perform very well because they have the right role models.

You chose an odd place to post this information though...on a conspiracy-website of all places. It wont be appreciated here.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I posted it in the wrong forum.

Obviously this would be more appreciated in a forum with more educated posters, but i think this shows something important: that the Talmud isnt some secret book of the Jews. Gentiles study it too. And its value and its significance can not be understood by reading some quote taken out of context. The entire Talmud has to be understood within context. The entirety of it is one connected whole. One clause is connected to another and one cannot appreciate the underlying conclusion without having read and analyzed it in the context of the whole. This is why the Talmud is a book of logic. Its written in a dialectical style of one sage making a statement (often an incorrect one) with another bringing a different opinion clarifying the views of the earlier statement.

Its an intensely intellectually stimulating book. Takes a long time to study too. 60 + volumes.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Jews are not allowed to steal from ANYONE - its one of the ten commandments.

And yes it is propaganda. Wouldnt be the first time either. See Simon of Trent (blood libels), well poisoning, protocols of the elders of zion

Now that is not to say that some Jews do steal from Gentiles thinking its ok... But its not a Talmudic belief, nor is it mentioned in the Shulchan Aruch, and even the Maharash criticizes those irreligious Jews who do those things...

Nobody can justify theft, period. Judiasm doesnt, and there is nothing more that needs to be said to prove that this very basic moral is a tenet of the belief system that made it universally incumbent on all men to honor the property of all people - Jew or non Jew.

hey thx for the post today was our second time at a synagog the first time we heard the rabbi preach or got to touch the Torah. (last time we went he was in the hospital and no one had the key to the ark) Several things you brought up I had planned to ask him about. But I put it off since we were pressed for time kids had a play to do.

First let me say no doubt in my mind most jew are good people maybe even the chosen of god. But I do believe in the Protocols of the elders of zion having studies it and the claims against it being a fraud. In fact both of the book they say it was drawn form only added to its validity. This and the fact I believe they are a big part of TPTB that run the world and not for the better today.This is why I decided to start attending their service to connect to the positive side.

I know the Talmud they use is not the same one referred too here www.sherryshriner.com... but my question is since this idea of goy being any non jew and treating them like cattle has evidenced by the zionist inspired mossad black ops or the actions of the zionist conscription army in Gaza for the past 20 years. Clearly these people do by their actions show contempt for all. Be it attacking a US warship unprovoked or aid boats from turkey and the endless occupation of Gaza. To using their media empire and banking cartels to pressure and influence countries the world over. How many of the jewish are ignorant of the realities of TPTB like we are? I mean we are lied to all the time so Im assuming they are too but how do they get their soldiers to go drop bombs on schools ar take kids as bullet shields? Are they getting the same kind of propaganda we are? How come Zion is so strong if its only 100 or 2 years old? I havnt read his book but the whole service is done around the "star of isreal" and was not the star of david taken as a holy symbol right around the same time? So why are they so central and what did they do before that?

One more thing my friend if its not too much I heard them refere to yushu isnt that bad slang for Jesus or Yeshua? Really bugging me cause we are going to a Massionic gathering.

thankyou for your time and sorry for the rather lenghty post.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
This is pretty amazing.

The only amazing thing is that you didnt bother to do a google search to find out that
a/ This story is years old, and
b/ It simply isnt true.
The Koreans have got a books of "Talmudic" Jewish stories that give life lessons, and for some reason they call it the Talmud, but it isnt the actual Talmud.

5 minutes would have got you that.

edit on 23-4-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Has it not been taught: 'With respect to robbery — if one stole or robbed30 or [seized] a beautiful woman,31 or [committed] similar offences,32 if [these were perpetrated] by one Cuthean33 against another, [the theft, etc.] must not be kept, and likewise [the theft] of an Israelite by a Cuthean, but that of a Cuthean by an Israelite may be retained'?34

But R. Aha, the son of R. Ika answered; It applies to the withholding of a labourer's wage.44 One Cuthean from another, or a Cuthean from an Israelite is forbidden, but an Israelite from a Cuthean is permitted.45

www.come-and-hear.com...

In the printed edition of the Talmud, words like "goy" or "nokhri", two terms meaning non-Jew, were changed by censors to the word “Cuthean” that came to refer to any idolaters, without relation to the original Cutheans.

www.schechter.edu...

edit on 23-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

This article is dated to March 23rd 2011, and says the South Korean ambassador to Israel verified that Talmud study is now a mandatory read in their curriculum.

www.ynet.co.il...

The translated article is here

muqata.blogspot.com... h.html

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Why are Jews so intelligent? The conclusion we arrived at is that one of your secrets is that you study the Talmud… We believe that if we teach our children Talmud, they will also become geniuses. This is what stands behind the rationale of introducing Talmud study to our school curriculum."

Very interesting thread, s+f and all that. It is fascinating that a published work of writing can be the inspiration of "genius"

It does make sense though, the reason why genius are genius is because the thought process is jumbled up in a way that makes normal conclusions to problems a little easier and a little different from cookie cutter brain orchestration

It would make sense to say a people would not become more intelligent from only studying their own cooped up local works of information .

To include more and more works of publications and works of information gathering would program the brain in very complex ways of thinking.

I just now realized I really need to read more types of books.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Just how is the Talmud taken out of context? I've done my research, and this book is indeed eyebrow-raising to say the least; anti-gentile sentiment being just ONE example.

"Even the best of the non-Jews should be killed".......strange, I do believe this includes Koreans.

top topics

join