It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dual Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I had eagerly awaited tonight's season premiere of Dual Survival, with survival experts Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury, and it did not disappoint. Cody and Dave were great choices for this show, because their skills are complementary; Cody is good with first aid, building shelters, making fires, and Dave's a good hunter and tracker. Both are skilled at foraging and identifying wild edibles.

In tonight's episode in Tierra del Fuego, Argentina, they demonstrated how to close a wound with black powder and how to dress the wound (imagine volunteering for that!). They crossed a variety of rough terrains, built an awesome forest shelter, and upon reaching the coast built signal fires and made torches.

This is a very instructive show and I recommend it highly. There are a number of videos available on the website. dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i have watched those guys a number of times

its ony a matter of time before one of them ends up dead.

barefeet and the other who takes risks he shouldnt

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Cody has run a survival school in the high desert of Arizona for many years. He has two terrific survival books, both of which have sold pretty well. He has gone barefoot for over 20 years, so I imagine his feet are nearly impenetrable. I'm not as familiar with the other guy, though;

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Right off, I give them a ra ra. They made it to the coast. They signaled.

Jolly good show for a script of parameters. Sooo.....go back and do all of it again. This time there is no one to signal. No one is coming.

I wanna see that. Give it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Right off, I give them a ra ra. They made it to the coast. They signaled.

Jolly good show for a script of parameters. Sooo.....go back and do all of it again. This time there is no one to signal. No one is coming.

I wanna see that. Give it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
i like this show too, it isnt as real as Les Stroud's work, but it is certainly pretty entertaining and you might learn a thing or two...didnt know the season premiere was tonight, though, thanks for posting...i will have to watch the replay...

new topics

top topics

join