It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Are African American And Disagree With"National Day of Action and Unity" March Post Here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

This is drawing extremes, but I just want to make a point so please humor me.

Adolf Hitler also did plenty good. For example, the autobahn. Cancer research as well as the Volkswagen beetle. But then he divided the nation up by ubermensch and untermensch. We all know how that turned out.

Same with Al Sharpton and Co. Sure, they've done plenty good but what about drawing up that line which he often does? I've heard him say on at least one occasion, "we do not have racial harmony in the United States". Umm, OK? Some of my best friends have been black. I've worked alongside African-Americans as well. I've even dated a couple and know of others who are currently in relationships with people of the opposite race. Not to mention, when you go to a store, any store that sells/does anything. And a black person attends to your needs. Does harmony all of a sudden disappear and SHTF? No. Al and Co. play on the "differences" between us, and in my opinion that undermines everything good he's done.

Again, my 0.2 cents.

I want to be sure I understood. Are you comparing what Rev. Al Sharpton is doing to Hitler?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by alchemist2012

Ok i take that point or points he has done some good.And its not about the perm
.It has to do with his pick and choose battles he takes on.Besides maybe you and i know of Al Sharpton but how many of the lil wayne generation can even tell you who he is.

I stand on my point that if calls himself representing us he should be more vocal and not wait until a problem arises to surface.seems to me in my opinion he only comes around to high profile cases not the little guy who can get a job because of his past who is now living the right way..

My point is this march cuts a line thru the black community as well.I for one am sick of being called an Uncle Tom by people who didnt put forth the same effort in life as i and other black people who rose against the odds.And by the way thanks for the civil dis-agreement

It has to do with his pick and choose battles he takes on.

Are You Kidding?? Did You even see the list? That list is very extensive, thorough, and actually is about the rights of many more people then just black people.

I stand on my point that if calls himself representing us he should be more vocal and not wait until a problem arises to surface.seems to me in my opinion he only comes around to high profile cases not the little guy who can get a job because of his past who is now living the right way..

See the above!!

I for one am sick of being called an Uncle Tom by people who didnt put forth the same effort in life as i and other black people who rose against the odds.

Now who is calling you an Uncle Tom? Black people that are marching may have rose against the odds and are marching for those who cant, or haven't, or even know that they can. If you rose against the odds thats great. But that is not the story for everyone.
Maybe you are taking it way to personal, and refuse to see the others that may have not exactly been able to rise to the occasion.

And by the way thanks for the civil dis-agreement

Anytime!
That's what its about!

Peace, NRE.

By no means was i saying you called me an uncle tom..its what i get from the "black power movement"

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

By no means was i saying you called me an uncle tom..its what i get from the "black power movement"

NO! I didnt mean it that way. I was asking who said that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. This is way to civil, for either of us to think that

Peace, NRE.

<< 1   >>

join