It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Are African American And Disagree With"National Day of Action and Unity" March Post Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have a few words for the organizers of this march"Get A Life"please find something constructive to do with your time,like mentor at risk teens and youths,be more active in community rebuilding with the number of people you have attracted to march.Go clean up a abandoned neighborhood or lecture on sexual safety and protection.

News flash the 60's are well over we have a black president if it was a s bad as you claim this would not be.The greatness of a man is measured in his own work.I grew up in the slums of New Orleans.crime,drugs the whole 9 yards
Today i am a home owner,Veteran and proud citizen i overcame and so have many others

But since we do not all agree with this March then it should not be made to reflect the entire African American populace of the United States..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
I have a few words for the organizers of this march"Get A Life"please find something constructive to do with your time,like mentor at risk teens and youths,be more active in community rebuilding with the number of people you have attracted to march.Go clean up a abandoned neighborhood or lecture on sexual safety and protection.

News flash the 60's are well over we have a black president if it was a s bad as you claim this would not be.The greatness of a man is measured in his own work.I grew up in the slums of New Orleans.crime,drugs the whole 9 yards
Today i am a home owner,Veteran and proud citizen i overcame and so have many others

But since we do not all agree with this March then it should not be made to reflect the entire African American populace of the United States..

Cool I grew up in St. Bernard. I don't know much about this black march thing I'll need to research it more.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I believe many Blacks men and women should reach out to the Black youth. Today many Blacks only see music or ganglife as the way to be Black. Which I would hate to see if I was a Black man.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The march he is referring to is covered in THIS THREAD, with a linked article provided.

2nd
edit on 22-4-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeraVerto
I believe many Blacks men and women should reach out to the Black youth. Today many Blacks only see music or ganglife as the way to be Black. Which I would hate to see if I was a Black man.

You are so right to the point.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Who do you think is going to give the most stars and flags? Blacks that are against it, or others that are racist? Knowing who stands with you , is just as important as standing for yourself.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 22-4-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: spell check

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Post.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Who do you think is going to give the most stars and flags? Blacks that are against it, or others that are racist? Knowing who stands with you , is just as important as standing for yourself.

Peace, NRE.

It's not about Stars and Flags its about some of those "old revolutionaries"who wont let go of the past and plant those seeds of confusion in young minds.True racism does exist but despite that fact alot of us make it with the odds stacked against us.I will not and will never buy into this idea of what the so called black leaders of today push.

I mean how can you listen to "Al Sharpton" for christ sakes the man has a perm.how does that represent the "black struggle"and he does not wear or is proud of his own hair.And if you read any of brother Malcolm's last writings he was all about unifying with anyone,anyone who opposed the wrongs of his times,Dr.King marched for things at the time that blacks were not allowed to have.

Today everything is at anyones disposal,higher education,military,job training etc.I never recalled any "white man"at any of those doors stopping anyone from entering.That old revolutionary ideology only stunts the seed of progress by making the young black man not try because"the white man will stop you"attitude.

I have children i expose them to diffrent cultures,lifestyles and arts to show them there is more to it than what it is.
Dont get me wrong i am proud to be Black but it does not stop at just being black I made the best of what Borther Malcolm and DR.King lived,fought and died for.that what makes me proud.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I would love to finish this via telephone i think we both have good points U2U me so i can give you my cell and by all means i wish you peace.but the conversation is great i respect your mentals

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Peace, NRE.

It's not about Stars and Flags its about some of those "old revolutionaries"who wont let go of the past and plant those seeds of confusion in young minds.True racism does exist but despite that fact alot of us make it with the odds stacked against us.I will not and will never buy into this idea of what the so called black leaders of today push.

I mean how can you listen to "Al Sharpton" for christ sakes the man has a perm.how does that represent the "black struggle"and he does not wear or is proud of his own hair.And if you read any of brother Malcolm's last writings he was all about unifying with anyone,anyone who opposed the wrongs of his times,Dr.King marched for things at the time that blacks were not allowed to have.

Today everything is at anyones disposal,higher education,military,job training etc.I never recalled any "white man"at any of those doors stopping anyone from entering.That old revolutionary ideology only stunts the seed of progress by making the young black man not try because"the white man will stop you"attitude.

I have children i expose them to diffrent cultures,lifestyles and arts to show them there is more to it than what it is.
Dont get me wrong i am proud to be Black but it does not stop at just being black I made the best of what Borther Malcolm and DR.King lived,fought and died for.that what makes me proud.

I mean how can you listen to "Al Sharpton" for christ sakes the man has a perm.how does that represent the "black struggle"and he does not wear or is proud of his own hair.

I am confused are you saying that Rev. Al Sharpton should be ignored in his endeavors for the black community because of his choice of hair style? Though he has had his ups and downs he has done alot for the black community.

I wonder how you equated both of these men in the same sentence when both had one agenda but 2 different (very different) ways of expressing them. The same as you and the "marchers" have a different view, are in fact after the same cause. Your just expressing it in 2 different ways. They both lived, fought, and died, yes, but their views were different, yet they were after the same goal. For blacks to have the write to stand, march and be heard just like everyone else. Is that not what the march is doing?

I never recalled any "white man"at any of those doors stopping anyone from entering.That old revolutionary ideology only stunts the seed of progress by making the young black man not try because"the white man will stop you"attitude.

Is this a fact, or an opinion based on your life and understanding?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I was just about to U2U you and say the same thing. Thanks for the thread and the civil disagreement. I also think that this would be a hell of a conversation over a cup of coffee

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am confused are you saying that Rev. Al Sharpton should be ignored in his endeavors for the black community because of his choice of hair style? Though he has had his ups and downs he has done alot for the black community.

Not ignored but not taken so seriously,I mean he preaches"blackness"the sports a perm hair do.Only blacks i know that wear perms are pimps Am i right???.I cant recall any thing he was involved with that bore righteous fruits.

He alone made the Jenna 6 case a debacle.the man in plain terms is a media whore at best. If i am wrong i will hear your evidence and take it to heart,to put it likely he is a shill,The days of the true Black Leaders are gone the last hope would be MIn.Farrakhan although i dont agree with his racial outlook 80% of what he says is true but
Sharpton not enuff cred.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Not ignored but not taken so seriously,I mean he preaches"blackness"the sports a perm hair do.Only blacks i know that wear perms are pimps Am i right???.I cant recall any thing he was involved with that bore righteous fruits.

He alone made the Jenna 6 case a debacle.the man in plain terms is a media whore at best. If i am wrong i will hear your evidence and take it to heart,to put it likely he is a shill,The days of the true Black Leaders are gone the last hope would be MIn.Farrakhan although i dont agree with his racial outlook 80% of what he says is true but
Sharpton not enuff cred.

Well first Id like to say that you my friend are in for a treat. Here are just a few, quotes about Rev. Al Sharpton.
You can pick which ones you enjoy the most.

New York State Senator Kirsten Gillibrand “I’m very thankful to you Reverend Sharpton for your
leadership, your vision, for the work of the National Action Network. Thank you. You’re doing such
important work in bringing a voice to the people and communities who are most underserved.”

Speaker Newt Gingrich “He [Reverend Sharpton] has it exactly right; education has to be the
number one civil right of the 21st century… I am delighted to be able to go around the country with
he [Secretary Arne Duncan] and Reverend Sharpton to try to communicate [the importance of
education] with people of all backgrounds.”

Coretta Scott King “A leader who has protested injustice with a passionate unrelenting
commitment to nonviolent action in the spirit and tradition of Martin Luther King, Jr.”

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “I thank Reverend Sharpton, my friend, for his energy, his vigor
and his passion to make it absolutely clear that we love this country, we just want it better than it
is.”

President George W. Bush “I want to thank very much the Reverend Al Sharpton…Al and I have
found common ground, and by the way, it’s on an important issue. He cares just as much as I care
about making sure every child learns how to read, write, add and subtract. I want to thank you for
your leadership on this issue.”

President Barack Obama “I appreciate Reverend Sharpton for being a voice for the voiceless and
a champion for the dispossessed. He’s still on the front lines fighting the good fight.”
nationalactionnetwork.net...

I could keep going, but there is a possibility that you will not understand, that the message is more important then the man.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Honestly I wish you were wrong.

But this is pretty much true. It seems that most of the black guys I knew in high school felt as though they either needed to be loud and witty or they needed to be large and thug like. Only 2 seemed to set apart from that example. However to be fair, I believe I am in a pretty low black population area.

But I think it would be hard to deny this as a trend.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

In all honesty, if these people feel the absolute need to rally together then let 'em. I see no harm in this, and if it helps their self esteem or feeling of self worth, great. But on the other hand, I see this as just another ploy for attention. (Besides, what ever happened to the Million Man March?) I'm not black, so I can't pretend to know how or what the black community feels other then what my friends have told me. So maybe I shouldn't even say anything at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sharpton not enuff cred.

Well first Id like to say that you my friend are in for a treat. Here are just a few, quotes about Rev. Al Sharpton.
You can pick which ones you enjoy the most.

New York State Senator Kirsten Gillibrand “I’m very thankful to you Reverend Sharpton for your
leadership, your vision, for the work of the National Action Network. Thank you. You’re doing such
important work in bringing a voice to the people and communities who are most underserved.”

Speaker Newt Gingrich “He [Reverend Sharpton] has it exactly right; education has to be the
number one civil right of the 21st century… I am delighted to be able to go around the country with
he [Secretary Arne Duncan] and Reverend Sharpton to try to communicate [the importance of
education] with people of all backgrounds.”

Coretta Scott King “A leader who has protested injustice with a passionate unrelenting
commitment to nonviolent action in the spirit and tradition of Martin Luther King, Jr.”

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “I thank Reverend Sharpton, my friend, for his energy, his vigor
and his passion to make it absolutely clear that we love this country, we just want it better than it
is.”

President George W. Bush “I want to thank very much the Reverend Al Sharpton…Al and I have
found common ground, and by the way, it’s on an important issue. He cares just as much as I care
about making sure every child learns how to read, write, add and subtract. I want to thank you for
your leadership on this issue.”

President Barack Obama “I appreciate Reverend Sharpton for being a voice for the voiceless and
a champion for the dispossessed. He’s still on the front lines fighting the good fight.”
nationalactionnetwork.net...

I could keep going, but there is a possibility that you will not understand, that the message is more important then the man.

Peace, NRE.

These are good quotes i must admit but they are only the opinions of the speaker.I wanted see his righteous fruit what law has he changed,who has he freed from prison.I will not take away from his works but .Seems the only thing he craves is media attention.

He waits for a story to surface before he pounces on it,he is never in the forefront looking for a fight like the civil rights leaders of olden days

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well, I figured that might not be good enough for you, considering the man has a "perm", so here is the info I feel can end this debate (as interesting as it is).

Al Sharpton on the issues.

Al Sharpton on Abortion
Click here for 4 full quotes on Abortion OR other candidates on Abortion OR background on Abortion.

Women can choose about their life and their body. (Nov 2003)
Conserve Roe v. Wade. (Mar 2003)
Abortion is wrong, but let women choose. (Jan 2002)
His Supreme Court nominees will allow right to choose. (Jan 2002)

Al Sharpton on Budget & Economy
Click here for 4 full quotes on Budget & Economy OR other candidates on Budget & Economy OR background on Budget & Economy.

Focus on mass employment instead of big business. (Jan 2004)
Average Americans are doing their share. (Oct 2003)
Job development is critical to economy. (Sep 2003)
Repeal virtually all of the Bush tax cuts. (Jun 2003)

Al Sharpton on Civil Rights
Click here for 23 full quotes on Civil Rights OR other candidates on Civil Rights OR background on Civil Rights.

Reparations based on Lincoln’s promise of 40 acres & a mule. (Jul 2004)
Bush might reverse the gains of civil and women rights. (Jul 2004)
We cannot treat people of different cultures as inferior. (Jul 2004)
People in Baghdad can vote but people in DC can’t. (Jul 2004)
Patriot Act is J. Edgar Hoover’s dream. (Feb 2004)
Don’t let states deal with gay rights-equal federal rights. (Feb 2004)
Confederate flag must be down everywhere. (Jan 2004)
Flag burning is distasteful, but it’s free expression. (Jan 2004)
Dangerous precedent to leave gay rights to the states. (Jan 2004)
No people of color in Dean’s cabinet-should import talent. (Jan 2004)
Just talking about race is trivializing the issue. (Jan 2004)
Get young people involved in the election process. (Jan 2004)
Banning gay marriage says gays are less than human. (Nov 2003)
Dean’s Confederate flag comment stereotypes Southern Whites. (Nov 2003)
Confederate flag: speak to whites & be sensitive to blacks. (Nov 2003)
Discuss racial differences, even if unpopular. (Sep 2003)
Equal protection under the law, not racial polarization. (May 2003)
Confederate flag should only be seen in a museum. (May 2003)
Supports reparations and affirmative action. (Feb 2003)
Will continue to work for racial equality. (Feb 2003)
Supports gay rights-let people choose to sin or not. (Jan 2002)
Let gays and lesbians adopt. (Jan 2002)
Patriot Act is unpatriotic illegitimate legislation. (Jun 2003)

Al Sharpton on Corporations
Click here for 3 full quotes on Corporations OR other candidates on Corporations OR background on Corporations.

Corporate misdeeds came from runaway deregulation. (Sep 2003)
Favors fines when companies export jobs. (Sep 2003)
People are told to serve country-companies should do same. (Sep 2003)

Al Sharpton on Crime
Click here for 10 full quotes on Crime OR other candidates on Crime OR background on Crime.

Giuliani’s tone allowed Louima police brutality. (Jan 2007)
NYPD “cowboy” unit disbanded after Diallo shooting. (Jan 2007)
States rights are dangerous when applied to death penalty. (Feb 2004)
Opposed to death penalty under any circumstances. (Jan 2004)
End the death penalty-discriminatory, non-deterrent, wrong. (Jan 2004)
Prison programs for job skills & drug rehab. (Jan 2004)
Tawana Brawley case was about standing up for a victim. (Nov 2003)
Only candidate opposed to death penalty. (Feb 2003)
Focus on prevention instead of Three Strikes. (Jan 2002)
It’s no coincidence that the wealthy don’t get executed. (Jan 2002)

Al Sharpton on Drugs
Click here for 3 full quotes on Drugs OR other candidates on Drugs OR background on Drugs.

Dorismond drug shooting shook the family by accusing victim. (Jan 2007)
Never smoked marijuana, because he grew up in the church. (Nov 2003)
Something wrong with mandatory time for drug users. (Jan 2002)

Al Sharpton on Education
Click here for 7 full quotes on Education OR other candidates on Education OR background on Education.

Two Americas divided by race and language, not just wealth. (Feb 2004)
Vouchers are a gradual step toward privatization. (Jan 2004)
Supports HJR29, right to equality of education for all. (Apr 2003)
Education should be a constitutional right. (Apr 2003)
Supports school prayer, but don’t impose it. (Jan 2002)
School Choice
GOP plan is to use vouchers to reduce education funding. (May 2003)
Supports public education, not vouchers. (Jan 2003)

Al Sharpton on Energy & Oil
Click here for 3 full quotes on Energy & Oil OR other candidates on Energy & Oil OR background on Energy & Oil.

Raise CAFE standard from 27.5 mpg to 33, and 25 for SUVs. (Jan 2004)
Cap CO2 emissions and re-enter Kyoto discussions. (Jun 2003)
Build hybrid vehicles; raise CAFE to 45 mpg. (Jun 2003)

Al Sharpton on Environment
Click here for 3 full quotes on Environment OR other candidates on Environment OR background on Environment.

Fight hard for environmental justice. (Jun 2003)
Safe and sustainable environment creates jobs. (Jun 2003)
Religious mandate to be good stewards of what God has given. (Jun 2003)

Al Sharpton on Families & Children
Click here for other candidates on Families & Children OR background on Families & Children.

No issue stance yet recorded by OnTheIssues.org.

Al Sharpton on Foreign Policy
Click here for 6 full quotes on Foreign Policy OR other candidates on Foreign Policy OR background on Foreign Policy.

Haiti is in crisis because we blocked infrastructure aid. (Feb 2004)
Trade & aid over military-super-help over superpower. (Jan 2004)
Use UN & trade to move Iran toward democracy, not military. (Jan 2004)
Participate as partners with UN in Iraq. (Dec 2003)
Consistent foreign policy, and allies, are important. (Mar 2003)
We deal with China, so let’s deal with Cuba. (Jan 2002)

Al Sharpton on Free Trade
Click here for 5 full quotes on Free Trade OR other candidates on Free Trade OR background on Free Trade.

Cancel NAFTA rather than renegotiate it. (Feb 2004)
Labor standards should not cost American workers jobs. (Jan 2004)
Disagreed with NAFTA under Clinton AND under Bush. (Sep 2003)
Against NAFTA; don’t sacrifice environment to economy. (Jun 2003)
Repeal NAFTA and GATT: too business-friendly. (May 2003)

Al Sharpton on Government Reform
Click here for 5 full quotes on Government Reform OR other candidates on Government Reform OR background on Government Reform.

Need to monitor touch-screen voting machines. (Nov 2003)
Count the DC primary like other primaries. (Nov 2003)
Every American should have equal access to vote. (Jun 2003)
Constitutional amendment on voting rights-remove from states. (May 2003)
GOP plan is to reduce government by bankrupting it. (May 2003)

Al Sharpton on Gun Control
Click here for 2 full quotes on Gun Control OR other candidates on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.

Require background checks, licensing, and fingerprinting. (Jan 2004)
Supports federal gun licensing & registration. (May 2003)

Al Sharpton on Health Care
Click here for 7 full quotes on Health Care OR other candidates on Health Care OR background on Health Care.

Wealthy Americans should pay more for Medicare. (Jan 2004)
Other plans are step in the right direction of single-payer. (Jan 2004)
Avoid privatized health system. (Jan 2004)
Forget half-a-loaf--support single-payer. (Sep 2003)
Right to health care, to education, and to vote. (May 2003)
Believes in constitutional right to health care. (May 2003)
Guarantee health care with Constitutional amendment. (Apr 2003)

Al Sharpton on Homeland Security
Click here for 6 full quotes on Homeland Security OR other candidates on Homeland Security OR background on Homeland Security.

Ordinary NYers are 9/11 heroes; Giuliani just did his job. (Jan 2007)
Blame the terrorists, not the Islamic religion. (Jan 2004)
Eliminate Funding for national missile defense. (Jan 2004)
Submit to a world body to combat the terrorists. (Nov 2003)
Cut defense budget, even if unpopular. (Sep 2003)
Military increases have nothing to do with terrorism. (Jan 2002)

Al Sharpton on Immigration
Click here for 3 full quotes on Immigration OR other candidates on Immigration OR background on Immigration.

Relax Mexican border to match Canadian border. (Jan 2004)
Current immigration law is discriminatory. (Jan 2003)
Immigration system is archaic & biased against Latinos. (Jan 2002)

Al Sharpton on Jobs
Click here for 6 full quotes on Jobs OR other candidates on Jobs OR background on Jobs.

Raise minimum wage to at least $7.15. (Jan 2004)
Institutional discrimination still hinders minorities. (Jan 2004)
Create jobs that are necessary. (Jan 2004)
Spend $250 billion in 5 years to create jobs. (Nov 2003)
Need federal laws to protect workers, not state-by-state. (May 2003)
On picket lines & in jails for 35 years for workers rights. (May 2003)

Al Sharpton on Principles & Values
Click here for 19 full quotes on Principles & Values OR other candidates on Principles & Values OR background on Principles & Values.

Living up to the promise of America is not a partisan issue. (Jul 2004)
Family values are not just car garages and a retirement plan. (Jul 2004)
Top Ten: Raise issues that would otherwise be overlooked. (Mar 2004)
Hosts Saturday Night Live: “I hope America laughed together”. (Dec 2003)
His activism is all about equal opportunity under the law. (Nov 2003)
Practice religion personally and practice governing publicly. (Nov 2003)
Most important in VP is shared vision and policy agreement. (Nov 2003)
Galvanize the Dem base by registering urban blacks. (Nov 2003)
Better to be a new Democrat than an old GOP-like Democrat. (Sep 2003)
Favorite song: “Talking Loud, Saying Nothing” about GOP. (Sep 2003)
We need a new director and a new direction. (Sep 2003)
We’re in a civil war over rejection of votes, from FL to CA. (Sep 2003)
On black vote: turn people on, then turn people out. (Sep 2003)
I want to privatize only one thing: privatize George Bush. (May 2003)
His newly registered voters help other Dems. (May 2003)
We don’t just need a new director; we need a new direction. (May 2003)
Will tackle real issues like economy. (Mar 2003)
Represents progressive wing of Democratic Party. (Feb 2003)
Focused on listening to marginalized people. (Jan 2003)

Al Sharpton on Social Security
Click here for 2 full quotes on Social Security OR other candidates on Social Security OR background on Social Security.

More financing for Social Security in its current form. (Jan 2004)
Faster economic growth will save Social Security. (May 2003)

Al Sharpton on Tax Reform
Click here for 5 full quotes on Tax Reform OR other candidates on Tax Reform OR background on Tax Reform.

We’ve read Bush’s lips-he lied, and hiked taxes. (Sep 2003)
Bush tax cuts make us victims of a war of mass distraction. (May 2003)
Bush isn’t cutting taxes, he’s shifting taxes. (May 2003)
Repealing tax cut isn’t raising taxes; it’s saving America. (May 2003)
Would repeal all Bush tax cuts. (May 2003)

Al Sharpton on Technology
Click here for 3 full quotes on Technology OR other candidates on Technology OR background on Technology.

$50B annually to address needed infrastructure decay. (Sep 2003)
$250 billion infrastructure-redevelopment plan. (May 2003)
Cure economy by building infrastructure. (Jan 2003)

Al Sharpton on War & Peace
Click here for 15 full quotes on War & Peace OR other candidates on War & Peace OR background on War & Peace.

Bush misled us on Iraq. (Jul 2004)
The premise for the Iraqi war was changed after our losses. (Jul 2004)
Day 1: Bring the troops home. (Jan 2004)
UN-based multilateral redevelopment plan for Iraq. (Nov 2003)
Bush wrong to wage war in Iraq-bring troops home now. (Oct 2003)
No on $87B for Iraq-don’t chase bad investment with more. (Sep 2003)
Bush has failed at promised task of capturing bin Laden. (Sep 2003)
Bush has still not presented evidence for Iraq war. (Sep 2003)
Bush doctrine is dangerous and un-American. (Jun 2003)
Challenge Bush on the war on Iraq. (Jun 2003)
Bush’s unilateral foreign policy is short-sighted. (May 2003)
Focus on 50 states we already occupy before occupying Iraq. (Apr 2003)
Bush failed to find WMD, Hussein, Bin Laden. (Apr 2003)
Would work with allies to avoid war. (Mar 2003)
Would go after those who attacked us, not Hussein. (Mar 2003)

www.ontheissues.org...
click the above and have all your questions answered. He is part of a much bigger piece of the equality picture, I hope you can now see that.
Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Ok i take that point or points he has done some good.And its not about the perm
.It has to do with his pick and choose battles he takes on.Besides maybe you and i know of Al Sharpton but how many of the lil wayne generation can even tell you who he is.

I stand on my point that if calls himself representing us he should be more vocal and not wait until a problem arises to surface.seems to me in my opinion he only comes around to high profile cases not the little guy who can get a job because of his past who is now living the right way..

My point is this march cuts a line thru the black community as well.I for one am sick of being called an Uncle Tom by people who didnt put forth the same effort in life as i and other black people who rose against the odds.And by the way thanks for the civil dis-agreement

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Ok i take that point or points he has done some good.And its not about the perm
.It has to do with his pick and choose battles he takes on.Besides maybe you and i know of Al Sharpton but how many of the lil wayne generation can even tell you who he is.

I stand on my point that if calls himself representing us he should be more vocal and not wait until a problem arises to surface.seems to me in my opinion he only comes around to high profile cases not the little guy who can get a job because of his past who is now living the right way..

My point is this march cuts a line thru the black community as well.I for one am sick of being called an Uncle Tom by people who didnt put forth the same effort in life as i and other black people who rose against the odds.And by the way thanks for the civil dis-agreement

It has to do with his pick and choose battles he takes on.

Are You Kidding?? Did You even see the list? That list is very extensive, thorough, and actually is about the rights of many more people then just black people.

See the above!!

I for one am sick of being called an Uncle Tom by people who didnt put forth the same effort in life as i and other black people who rose against the odds.

Now who is calling you an Uncle Tom? Black people that are marching may have rose against the odds and are marching for those who cant, or haven't, or even know that they can. If you rose against the odds thats great. But that is not the story for everyone.
Maybe you are taking it way to personal, and refuse to see the others that may have not exactly been able to rise to the occasion.

And by the way thanks for the civil dis-agreement

Anytime!
That's what its about!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

This is drawing extremes, but I just want to make a point so please humor me.

Adolf Hitler also did plenty good. For example, the autobahn. Cancer research as well as the Volkswagen beetle. But then he divided the nation up by ubermensch and untermensch. We all know how that turned out.

Same with Al Sharpton and Co. Sure, they've done plenty good but what about drawing up that line which he often does? I've heard him say on at least one occasion, "we do not have racial harmony in the United States". Umm, OK? Some of my best friends have been black. I've worked alongside African-Americans as well. I've even dated a couple and know of others who are currently in relationships with people of the opposite race. Not to mention, when you go to a store, any store that sells/does anything. And a black person attends to your needs. Does harmony all of a sudden disappear and SHTF? No. Al and Co. play on the "differences" between us, and in my opinion that undermines everything good he's done.

Again, my 0.2 cents.

<<   2 >>

join