It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: Dozens dead in bloodiest day of protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Syria: Dozens dead in bloodiest day of protests

www.ynetnews.com

Amnesty International says at least 75 protestors killed across country, mainly from bullet wounds. 'It is a massacre and a war crime,' activist says. White House urges Damascus to stop violence, follow through on promised reforms
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

edit on 4/23/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here we go again. Its about time the people in the middle east rise and rebel against Religious extremists and dictatorships and join the modern Era. I hear a lot on ATS against Israel but doesn’t these turns of events prove the major problems in the Arab states and the way they treat their people.

You can judge the morality of an army by the way they treat their own people. I think this proves a lot. Don’t remember the last time the Israelis killed their civilians.

Comes to show what Israel is dealing with in Gaza (Hamas) and the Middle East in a whole.

I hope the Syrians take Bashar al-Assad and hang him like they did saddam.

www.ynetnews.com

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Its about time the people in the middle east rise and rebel against Religious extremists and dictatorships and join the modern Era

Now I realise that earthquakes are more my line and forgive me if I am wrong but, my impression is the leaders whilst dictators are for the most part Westernised and look to introduce the modern Era for their people, whereas the people rising up ARE the Religious Extremists, or will lead to an Extremest government being installed and are against Westernisation or the modern Era.

Many governments are dictatorial, including the US Federal Government, and are attempting to erode the rights of the individual. The Islamic Governments that ensue in Middle Eastern countries are no guarantee of freedom, indeed quite the opposite in many cases.

I hope the Syrians take Bashar al-Assad and hang him like they did saddam

I assume you mean in the same manner the the Iraq Government did with Saddam since I don't believe the Syrians had much to do with it. I would also suggest that the execution of Saddam Hussein was stage directed by the Americans.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hi CountDrac,

You make some VERY good points! Unfortunately, the rebels chances for success against oppression, and a better life, are very slim without outside help.

Considering the way the US gets treated every time we get involved in a foreign problem, I feel it's time for some of the other "powers that be" (?) to stop talking about "human rights", step up to the plate, take a stand, and do something about it for a change. Unless this happens, I fear they are doomed.

The United States was the "saving grace" for many countries during World Wars I and II, and a few since. I feel it's long past time for some of them to stop criticizing us for our perceived "wrongs", and start "saving" the populations of a few countries themselves, and by themselves.

A star and a flag for you my friend!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great!

Now we are going to have a "reason" to invade Syria.

It'll never end

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yes, it sure is great we're closer to the NWO. Why don't you go kiss George Soros's shoes now buddy?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Any teabagger going to jump in and bitch about how we should bomb them and go to war?

Cut education!

.................................U BETCHA?
edit on 22-4-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

What about

Bahrain?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Umm...the teabaggers aren't leading the war cries. Those would be traditional Republicans.

But thanks for playing.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It has always been about oil. Come on here, did you not learn anything about iraq. OIL, OIL. Drain them dry then go somewhere else to make large profits. We will suck em all dry and leave them to waste. The same tactic BP uses. Yeah, we're comming to drain you dry. What cha going to do about it. Thats right, blame the oil companies who war for profit and us tax payers pay the monies to go over there with troops. Same tactic, different country.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Israel does to other countries what Syria does to it's own. They are an enemy to the people of the united states, not a friend, and unlike Syria, they've actually attacked us.

Quit buying into the Israeli propaganda that Israel pays for and promotes.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh this is just another act brought to you all by George the NAZI Soros. Maybe he is possessed by Hitler himself or Satan. I find it funny that all these nations that are having these problems are one that will come against Israel in the Gog-Magog war, except Egypt that is. Soros probably knew these current leaders would never try attacking Israel for fear of utter destruction to themselves so he is removing them one by one.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
Israel does to other countries what Syria does to it's own. They are an enemy to the people of the united states, not a friend, and unlike Syria, they've actually attacked us.

Quit buying into the Israeli propaganda that Israel pays for and promotes.

I'm well aware of the "USS Liberty Incident" that occurred almost 44 years ago. Is that the "attack" you are referring to? Are there others that are more recent? If so, I'm sure not aware of them. Would you kindly bring me "up to speed"? Please show valid and accurate references.

Considering Isreal is pretty much surrounded by potential hostiles it seems to me that it would behoove them to stay on "our better side". Perhaps I'm wrong, but it will take much more than just your word to convince me that Isreal is, indeed, an enemy, and therefore a current threat.

Thanks in advance,
Milt

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
War crimes happen all the time. The perpetrators may be the U.S., Israel, African governments/insurgents, Syria... all over the place really! No-one ever seems to notice, let alone do anything about it. The U.N. is a joke.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

You can judge the morality of an army by the way they treat their own people. I think this proves a lot. Don’t remember the last time the Israelis killed their civilians.

eh, not really.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I'm well aware of the "USS Liberty Incident" that occurred almost 44 years ago. Is that the "attack" you are referring to? Are there others that are more recent?

Yep Pollard..
I wonder how many American lives that scummy Israeli cost us..
Now they want him released..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

Syria committing massacre

www.ynetnews.com

Amnesty International says at least 75 protestors killed across country, mainly from bullet wounds. 'It is a massacre and a war crime,' activist says. White House urges Damascus to stop violence, follow through on promised reforms

Stop your lies please!

You should try to READ and find out moore instead of spreading BS!

It's incredibly stupid to continue to spread propaganda about something everyone knows is wrong! the likelihood that your claim is true is equal to zero. There are already English and American agents in place who will do their utmost to start up a "revolution" in Syria. All "revolutions" are governed by the Israelis and their goal is not that many people believe that access to oil. The false Jews in present Israel's so-called ashkanazier and is originally from eastern Russia. They converted to Judaism and the European Jews who once lived in peace with the Palestinians and all other peoples living in the current situation no longer exists there now. Those Jews living in particular in Palestine today, and it should tell you something? So this story is nothing but pure Zionist propaganda that we can do with out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stavis

Well Syria was on the Israeli authored, Bush hit list years ago..

There's still Yemen,Lebanon and Iran to go...
Though maybe I forgot some..Such an old list..

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

They aint gonna rest untill defeated or succesfully started "revolitions through out the whole muslim world. Its funny and easy to spot their propaganda just in two lines. Zionists that is.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Stop your lies please!

You should try to READ and find out moore instead of spreading BS!

It's incredibly stupid to continue to spread propaganda about something everyone knows is wrong! the likelihood that your claim is true is equal to zero. There are already English and American agents in place who will do their utmost to start up a "revolution" in Syria. All "revolutions" are governed by the Israelis and their goal is not that many people believe that access to oil.

Its incredibly stupid to think that ''agents'' can start ANY revolution without the majority of the ''targeted'' nation not beeing against the regime that rule that nation.

Assad will lose this fight, no matter how many ppl his security forces kills.In fact, in any muslim nation, the funerals are held as soon as posible, and the crowds that participate will be progresively angrier with number of dead people.
Its a domino effect, and Assad's ONLY chance to stop this domino to kick his ass out of Syria is to order Hezbollah to attack Israel, ofc pre iranian aproval.

In the moment when Damascus will have massive demonstrations against Assad and will be a bloodshed, expect any time a Hezbollah attack on Israel.An attack that, as Israel stated, will trigger replisalies against Syria.
And that is what Assad will do if his 70% sunni, druze and kurd army composition will be deployed against demonstrators in Damascus.

Assad can, probably, keep under control the situation if Damascus is quiet.When Damascus will be engulfed by demonstrations, everything is on the table, including a provocation against Israel.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Recollector because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by Recollector because: no reason

edit on 23-4-2011 by Recollector because: no reason

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join