It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone secret location log.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

British security researchers have figured out that iPhones keep track of where their owners go, saving data to the device and uploading it to a user’s computer when the phone is synced with iTunes. The data includes the phone’s latitude and longitude and is timestamped to the second, all of which is recorded in a hidden file--which is very much not secure.

Link

Now this is not the reason why i created this thread, because as i said in a very old thread of mine by now everyone should know that smartphones are good for spying.

The reason why i have created this thread is to point out what this log is about.

My opinion is that Apple saves your position and then if your boss wants to know what you are up to he can pay to see the location log and punish you if he doesn't like what he finds.

What do you think about that? ...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Personally...think it goes a little deeper than that. But following your line of thinking, if a jealous significant other wants to keep track of you, piece of cake...lies won't fly anymore.

On a more sinister track, a central file on as many citizens as possible without their knowledge gives carte blanche to anyone that wants your information for whatever reason. Say bye bye to the last vestiges of keeping anything private.

Greed again is what is counted on by TPTB that society CAN'T live without their iPhones or their little technical gadgets.
Do you really need these toys? And that's all they are...toys....not a necessity.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People are easily manipulated ... sad ... snif snif ...

But that gave me an idea because if it sends info to apple servers .... open connection ..... you may know what i'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Do you think the log is maintained locally on your computer when you synchronize? The service provider has all the information (AT&T, Verizon) whoever it may be. The microwave pulse the phone emits automatically points to a GPS location which tells the service provider as per determining out of area call or local call or the network range and for time synchronization/time zones. All the telephone data is generally stored for few years since the introduction of the system to the public after the World Wars. People only became aware recently and are making a big issue about it. Apple is only making the location file available locally to the desktop pc (hidden file) for maintenance/security purposes. Ofcourse it can be exploited by many (spouse including).

One way or the other, we're being watched all the time even if you dont freaking own an IPHONE.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why isn't this thread in the ATS table of contents page?? This is what I believe anyone would consider a HOT TOPIC.

I think this could replace the "Lady Gaga" thread if the owners of ATS claim there is no room.

What's going on ATS?? Isn't this what your web site is all about??

I just finished watching a PBS/BBC series called "The Last Enemy". It was a five-part series about tracking people in the UK, set in the near future. It's available on "Net-Flix" watch instantly. A little synchronicity for sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
login.yahoo.com...

The link above (Forbes) has the low down on this subject. If you google on "apple tracking" other articles are available.

In the NBC report yesterday, it was shown how law enforcement can plug into your apple phone and access all the information gathered, including your whereabouts, which is recorded on said device.

What makes this seem so sinister is that Apple is not addressing the issue adequately, as shown in the latest articles and reports.

As I write this, this thread is still buried. Is Apple an advertiser with ATS? Maybe if they are the bottom line wins once again.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimalkin

What's going on?? That link at the top of my last post is not what I posted. It's about the royal-wedding. Is somebody around here playing games?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good thing owning and carrying an iPhone is still optional, if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Good thing owning and carrying an iPhone is still optional, if you know what I mean.

How many other portable devices have the ability to track you and record other personal information?

This revelation may be just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

If the authorities can access information from your cell phone, then it's certainly possible they can insert any information they choose. Think about false arrests. If the cops' don't want to admit error, they could readily insert false information to substantiate their erroneous claims. NBC showed the cops seizing somebody's cell and accessing its contents.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

how-to-prevent-iphone-from-tracking-your-Moves

In order to get avoid from iPhone tracking you must have jailbroken iPhone. Then install jailbreak Cydia app Untracker on your iPhone and this jailbreak app will be available free on Cydia under BigBoss repo.

ever wonder why it's called jailbreaking?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've only been with ATS for a few weeks. The reason I originally went here was because of the strange jet noises and rumbling sounds being heard all around the world, including my own area in Idaho next to the Canadian border. That site was recently taken down on the home page list even though it had 58 pages and counting. Why? I think anybody would consider this a 'hot topic'; apparently ATS didn't. Instead we get forums about Lady Gaga's latest publicity stunt. Obviously ATS thought Lady Caca was more important than the mystery noises. I emailed ATS about above subject, but received no reply.

The Apple Iphone was just found to have the ability to record personal information which is readily accessable to the authorities. NBC news had this story two days ago, and the internet is full of sites regarding this topic. Why is this subject not considered a hot topic and not in the contents list on the home page? Actually it's listed, but I challenge anybody to find it. Obviously ATS buried it for a reason; IS APPLE AN ADVERTISER? Makes me wonder. Is this an example where the bottom line of finance is more important than the spirit of ATS? Or are the owners just "out of it"?

I also find the manners and mentality of a large number of people posting to be lacking. Personal insults seem to take precedent over real information sharing in a spirit of basic civility.

ATS--PLEASE REMOVE ME AND MY POSTS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REMOVE ME FROM MEMBERSHIP--I NOW CONSIDER THIS SITE NOT TO BE WHAT IT IS PURPORTED TO BE; AND I'M NOT ALONE IN MY ANALYSIS AND OPINION.

Sincerely,
Grimalkin

new topics

top topics

join