It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hey military peeps whats with the choppers flying above ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
im just curious... i live in north east tn, and to my knowledge there isnt a military base very close but all morning long military helicopters have been flying north east. theve been passing about 8 or 9 at a time about every 30 min. What im also curious about is why the mixture of helicopters.....some chinooks some appachie and some other kind i cant idenify, usually when i see military ships flying thewy are the same make of ship,,,any clue ?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

The military is always doing something, whether there is something going on or not.

It could be the reserves on the weekend training.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Funny you mention that. Im here in the northwest and there has been a lot of activity of laye. Helos over my house just sittin there while in the mean time there have been lots of unmarked black vehixles with cop lights driving around.

Other than that im not too sure. Sorry bout the spwlling. Im on an android.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
not sure why they would be that far east but campbell has aviation brigades which train periodically. lots of chinooks/apaches/kiowas. campbell being as close as it is to you i would presume that is where they are coming from. or they could be flying equipment back from other areas that it has been sent back to. campbell is in the middle of redployment so all of our equipment is getting back here from where ever it is sent to from over there, and i would imagine they are using a lot of the chinooks to move it. just a guess so don't take my word as fact. i just got back two days ago myself, so i really don't know much about what kinda training is going on.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ok cool .... s.o.s.d.d

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Don't worry their just wasting fuel.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thegiftbearer

thanks for the info....just got back eehh....thanks for your service glad you made it back !!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

I believe, if I am not mistaken, that you have a missing girl in the state, and the search and/or info about her may be prompting more activity than normal to try and find her.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I live downriver from Selfridge AFB myself and the past week we have seen what appears too be maneuvers and daily.
1,2 or 3 large unmarked dark colored huge copters following the river hanging out just past where the Detroit river meets the Erie. They appear too land or at least lower their height too tree top or lower and then they fly west towards Monroe.
We havent seen them come back the same route though.
Now being a former Marine myself I do know that training is a daily routine and sometimes the whole base is on the same training excursion or exercise.
Also of note is Selfridge is a air refueling hub and especially at night their tankers are always busy.
When I start seeing troops with weapons on the city streets thats when Im going too start worrying.

edit on 22-4-2011 by VType because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
part of the national level exercise going on right now , with the earthquake drill being at the end of it

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We test aircraft all the time, waste millions and millions of tax dollars each time too.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's likely just traingin exercises or a base getting 'new' vehicles/gear from another base.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
thanks for answers.......they prob are just wasting fuel and dolla bills !!!! just thought it was interesting

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
pilots need x amounr of flying hours every month i think, so they use training days to do it

top topics

join