It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Greetings:

America has been nuked and we, the people, seem to be unaware - or perhaps worse - so dumbed-down to be completely apathetic.

We will start this discussion by sharing information from our good friend clif over at the webbot project just to whet the appetite. Half Past Human.

(If you are not hip to this sight, we suggest you go there and spend a few moments - it will be well-worth your time.)

On checking the rad levels this morning with my most excellent United Nuclear Pocket Rad Meter, i found everything skookum, and dogs proceeded to walk me for a mile or so. Then, just before Crew is to arrive, i discover yet-another small pin hole leak in the piping of the house undoubtedly caused when we lost 14.5 feet of height in the Japan quake (yes, it is true, we lost nearly 15 feet of elevation over mean low tide here in southern Puget sound on the day of the 9.1 Japanese earthquake).

We hadn't noticed MSM mention of a portion of the West Coast dropping 15 feet!

Not that we doubt clif, but was this tidbit buried - or overlooked - by the MSM? Did not find a mention here on ATS ... It would seem that a great many places along the Pacific coast would necessarily be underwater with a 15-foot sea rise...

Does anyone have corroborating evidence of this? Puterman? Westcoast Bulldog? CLP?

So quickly i pop down and use the tried and true heavy rubber pipe sliced and hose clamped over leak 'temporary' repair, and pop out again from under house. On reentering, and pushing through dogs who were determined to suck the under-the-house-nasty-dark-crawlspace smells out of my jeans, i felt moved by universe to check the rads again.

Sure enough, my shoes were clicking up a frenzy at nearly .3 mRs Hour. This clicking amounted to 240cpm and that was alarming. Shoes were rapidly washed off outside, rechecked and the clicking was gone. So, apparently, was the radioactive particle that caused it. This probably came down yesterday afternoon in the hail.

Then, just checking background rad levels, i noticed that the rain just starting up raised us up to .25 mRs/hr and was erratically higher. Sooooo since part of Crew called with battery-in-truck issues, i decided, as boss of crew that everyone should chill out today as we wait for rains to pass.

Sad to say, that is part of the new reality around here. Yes, we likely could have worked with impunity, but these are young men, and being outside during the whole of the work under this rain would push their levels of rads higher than i was willing to accept. Especially as the rain is irregularly 'loaded'. And that there are some levels of particulates as well.

No TEPCO brain pharts here. Bless you clif, for your fine example. One might wonder if the workers at PSE worked in the rain. Have any personnel issued dosimeters?

Hello people! Anybody home?

What more do you need to realize that
we, the people, have been nuked already
... and it may be only the beginning?

Thus i called our first 'nuke day'.

Once we clear off the debris on the property, and the sharpie is out to new home, we can work mostly under tall covers of the boat shed, which should let us be a bit more persevering in the face of this new reality of potential daily impact of radioactive ill winds across the Pacific.

Yikes!

We are not comfortable with this new reality.

Continuing with clif ...

The thinking is that solar ka-blooies (technical term meaning the sun will bitch slap earth's atmosphere) will cause problems for the electrical grid nationally directly and then will also set off giant earthquakes that will further add to issues.

Then there is the problem of the continued earth expansion which will lower us even further, and will also cause cracks separating human infrastructure including bridges. Thus, since we are exceptionally dependent on bridges in this area, with their known fragility in our type of earthquakes (Olympia lost a main artery bridge in 2001 6.5 Nisqually quake epicenter 12 miles out), a boat makes sense. Also, every bridge we humans ever built is actually at risk from the expansion of the planet. As are all the damn dams.

A word of warning for all who are downstream of any large containment.

As is the electrical grid which is essential to keep the nuclear plants from meltdown. As are the at-risk pipe lines that bring cooling water. As is the at-risk river flows which *will* change suddenly during expansion events. And, when the earth bounces your ass up and down in a multiple minute big earthquake, *THAT* is an expansion event.

There may be hundreds, perhaps thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of these over the next few years with some major clustering potential existing for much of late 2011 and all of 2012 and most of 2013. Then there are those pesky solar flares just waiting to scorch off the electrical grid at any given moment by pouring in actual TONS of high energy particles.... all of which are involved in furthering even more expansion events.

And a bigger planet has stronger winds.

Anf clif calls it like it is ...

(...)
Then there is the GE designed, and USofA politically forced nuclear plant design in Fukushima Japan where the heaviest of metals (uranium) has 'run' amok. It is causing problems across the planet.

Hmmm....probably, in my opinion, we should look to other Asian cultures for our best approach, and temper our intoxication (again, linguistic pun intended) with metals as a planetary culture. They always seem to get us into trouble and kill people.

As an aside, our data for a long time has provided for the ill winds to circle the planet 9/nine times and to participate in all manner of problems for humans including 'early' death. It is worth considering that the continuing ill winds may yet have further and future nuclear sources...

Also, just my opinion, but it would seem to me that Terra itself is providing us with increasing energy in the winds, just when universe is demonstrating that humans frequently operate in #-for-brains mode, thus probably should not be trusted, ever, with nasty metals such as plutonium. And as the winds will continue to increase in strength and speed, maybe some thought could be given to new, less dangerous ways of extracting energy from this source as an alternative to radioactive metals. HalfPastHuman.com...

Are the Europeans any better off?

So you are European, where at least your governments are nominally scared of you enough to 'warn you' about about eating radioactively contaminated foods. Especially the green leafy veges. But what do you do?

Here the gov'mint is both criminal, and incompetent. They (political stooges, and other minions) don't bother to warn the sheeple. After all, why bother? They are there to be shorn...as all religions demonstrate.

What's an awake sheep to do then? Well...convert your diet now, while you can.

Stand not in the common grazing areas lest you ingest radioactive grass. And go search for cows near Fukushima to see what that will get you.

Instead, be a bit smarter, and do investigate how easy it is to grow your vegies inside in the form of spouts. Protected away from radioactive debris and chemtrail madness.
(...)
These days the zionazi elites are taking your food by proxy, by destroying it with radiation (and chemtrails, and other chemical/genetic assaults). HalfPastHuman.com...

Add "clif notes."

Be a smart sheeple, learn to research.

Knowledge WILL save your life...when nothing else will.

Note also that ignorance kills.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Man that is hard to read. Looks like a box of crayola crayons exploded in your thread!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Did something happen that none of us know of?
Oh the Japanese thingie, are all of the Japanese dead yet?
Hmmm after they die, i'll .....no i still won't worry.
I have the worlds 2nd largest kelp farm in between me and Japan.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Greetings:

We were warned.

March 18, 2011
Official UN Forecast: 'Diluted' Radioactive Fallout Heading To US West Coast

And from our friend Alexander Higgins ...

March 16th, 2011

U.S. radiation experts try to decipher reports from Japan – Japan not releasing radiation levels making it EXTREMELY HARD to gauge danger to U.S. West Coast.

An official United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese nuclear reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.

The Feds have deployed radiation detectors to the west coast to monitor the situation. A link to the radioactive nuclear fallout map is below.

Does that imply the lack of radiation detectors before the deployment?

It will be interesting to track the (admitted) number of units in service at any one time.

And from The NY TIMES...

Scientists Project Path of Radiation Plume
(...)

Health and nuclear experts emphasize that radiation in the plume will be diluted as it travels and, at worst, would have extremely minor health consequences in the United States, even if hints of it are ultimately detectable. In a similar way, radiation from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 spread around the globe and reached the West Coast of the United States in ten days, its levels measurable but minuscule.

The projection, by the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization, an arm of the United Nations in Vienna, gives no information about actual radiation levels but only shows how a radioactive plume would probably move and disperse.

The forecast, calculated Tuesday, is based on patterns of Pacific winds at that time and the predicted path is likely to change as weather patterns shift.

The NY Times has published an interactive nuclear radiation fallout forecast map.
Here is the current nuclear fallout predictions for March 18th, 2010.

Forecast by the United Nations Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization - New York Times

The same insanity that prevailed (still prevails) in the Japanese MSM is happening here in America. What did you expect?

We were warned.

March 21, 2011
Spike in radiation levels for West Coast?

“Abnormal” readings on 8 of 18 EPA monitors for California, Oregon, Washington —
Devices now “undergoing quality review”

Some Radiation-Tracking Air Monitors May Not Be Working Properly, EPA Says, Bloomberg, March 21, 2011.

Eight of 18 air monitors in California, Oregon and Washington state that track radiation from Japan’s nuclear reactors are “undergoing quality review,” according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s website. …

“What we are seeing is not a problem,” [Ronald Fraass, director of the EPA’s National Air and Radiation Environmental Laboratory in Montgomery, Alabama] said today in a telephone interview. …

Monitors are listed as undergoing review if they report an abnormal reading, Fraass said …

May we enquire as to the "abnormal readings" in question?

An abnormality might mean that the monitor isn’t working correctly, or the device measured a spike in radiation levels attributable to an environmental change, Fraass said. …For example, higher temperatures can cause higher levels of naturally occurring radon gas, he said.

Sounds more like naturally occurring bovine excrement (bravo sierra for you people in Rio Vista).

And here we were under the impression that radiation detectors detect radiation - not temperature.

USGOV Newspeak, again. This is starting to have that fish smell.

A sufficient number of devices are working and can measure any changes in radiation levels from the damaged Fukushima Dai- Ichi reactors, continued Fraass.

How many of these devices constitute a "sufficient" number?

Will the public be warned - no, advised - of the changes in a timely manner?

What is the response mechanism to a radioactive cloud hovering over a U.S. city?

Who exactly is heading up this response mechanism?

FEMA?

The U.S. has 124 stationary air-radiation monitors compared with 50 in use when the reactor at Chernobyl, Ukraine, exploded in 1986, said Brendan Gilfillan, an EPA spokesman, in an e-mail.

And here is where they are.

124? !!#?%!! That is not even ONE for each of the nuclear facilities in the U.S.!

At least, in the ensuing 35 years, they have managed to add 74 monitors - a couple a year?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Twenty-two monitors weren’t working and were listed as out of service today, Fraass said.

Oh, that's reassuring - only about 20% of our monitors down in a nuclear emergency!

Oh, that's right... everything is OK - just elevated background radiation - no more that you might get in a flight from Los Angeles to New York.

“If a monitor in one area is being repaired, EPA’s network will still be able to detect any fluctuation in background radiation levels,” Gilfillan said.

Let's see now. 124 monitors in America.

22 down means 102 in service.

Sure would like to see an map with the "down" monitors and the closest ones that are picking up the slack by "remote monitoring" from how many miles away?

And here it is.

Does anyone have any stats on the range abilities of the radiation monitors that the EPA is using?

And here's the real-time version to have your way with.

How far are you and your loved ones from a radiation monitoring device?

Link

Remember all the problems associated with the AREVA (Fromatome Richland, WA) nuclear facility outlined in previous posts?

Do you think their monitor is in service?

Remember when we were complaining about almost 20% of the rad monitors were down nationwide during this inundation of radioactivity?

Six out of eleven monitors are out of service in California at this time - 55%!

And the insanity goes on and on.

March 28, 2011

Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard

Governor Corbett Says Public Water Supply Testing Finds No Risk to Public From Radioactivity Found in Rainwater

… The (Iodine-131) numbers reported in the rainwater samples in Pennsylvania range from 40-100 picocuries per liter (pCi/L). Although these are levels above the background levels historically reported in these areas, they are still about 25 times below the level that would be of concern. The federal drinking water standard for Iodine-131 is three pCi/L. …

On Friday, rainwater samples were taken in Harrisburg, where levels were 41 pCi/L and at nuclear power plants at TMI and Limerick, where levels were 90 to 100 pCi/L.

Corbett emphasized that the drinking water is safe and there is no cause for health concerns. …

(Bangs head on desk and reaches for the vice-grips and phone to call George...)

“Rainwater is not typically directly consumed,” Corbett said. “However, people might get alarmed by making what would be an inappropriate connection from rainwater to drinking water. By testing the drinking water, we can assure people that the water is safe.” …
enenews.com...

Newspeak... DoubleSpeak... Gobbledegook... Your choice.

More horrific news to come... we are now behind the eight-ball and need to wake up and do something ...

Thoughts, anyone?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

So.. could you please sum all this up, I just read it..
and still dont know what it is about

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
Man that is hard to read. Looks like a box of crayola crayons exploded in your thread!!

Greetings:

Thank you. Definitely not what was intended. At least, you looked.

We meant to highlight the salient points to enable the reader to scan quickly.

We will tone it down if you wish - but still, the point must be made.

What are the radiation readings where you live?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

So.. could you please sum all this up, I just read it..
and still dont know what it is about

Greetings:

Thank you for you participation.

Really don't know what this is about?

What are the radiation readings where you live?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Can't really speak on the radiation levels in my area.
Are the Japanese dying off by the thousands yet?
Lemme know when that happens, thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

mmmmmm, yummy.. radioactive Kelp

you live in california right? have you seen the radiation levels there?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, yep!
If you lived here you'd understand why it's spelled that way.

No, i cannot say i have seen the radiation levels here.
Same question though, Are the Japanese dead or dying by the thousands yet?
Until "Ground Zero" starts showing troubles, why worry.
Heck why worry at all, we have a huge kelp farm in between us and the problem.
Why is everyone mongering the fear of something that has shown no teeth yet?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I have no idea what the radiation readings are in PA. I am just along for the ride and try to live my life to the fullest. What can we really do about it anyways? Not breathe? I try to make changes in stuff that I could actually possibly change, the odds are about a million to one that we can change anything, but that is why I love this site because it gives everyone the chance to try at least.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

ONLINE STREAMING RADIATION DETECTOR IN SANTA MONICA, CA

www.enviroreporter.com...

Very nice website monitoring radiation live, we chould have these stations all over

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Just posted by Vandalour's link it seems we run bout mid 30's well below a panic level, and pretty usual for oregon which is the hotbed in America.
So i can now say yep, I'm aware of our rad levels.
Does this mean the thread is dead now?
Can we stop mongering?
After all, the Japanese are still alive!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

If the meters are indoors it would be hard for them to measure cesium 137. Other posters on this site have linked up to charts showing the spread. Half life of 30 years btw. So, no I don't like the aim of your post.

You can google search cesium 137 and find the Utube materials that have been mentioned on this site.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Greetings:

The information is coming so fast that we will merely summarize and link the information for now. Come on, people, this is our America under attack! We, the informed, are the only ones left who really care about America and the quality of life here in the heartland.

April 6, 2011
State of Arizona found Iodine-131 in Phoenix milk at levels 500% higher than EPA’s top reading for anywhere in continental US

MILK SAMPLES FROM THE PHOENIX AREA, State of Arizona, April 6, 2011:

The Arizona Department of Agriculture and the Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency routinely monitor Arizona milk
supplies.

Following the nuclear incident in Japan, trace amounts of Iodine 131 have been found in different samples. These types of findings are to be expected in the coming days and are far below levels of public health concern, including for infants and children.

Please note that all findings at this point are far below the FDA Derived Intervention Level of 4,600 pCi/L. Iodine-131 has a very short half-life of approximately eight days, and the level detected in milk and milk products is, therefore, expected to drop relatively quickly. State officials will continue to test and closely monitor for radiation levels.

"Iodine-131 has a very short half-life of approximately eight days."

This is the standard line. Nothing to see here ... move along.

Our contention is that we have been continuously bathed in radiation within a few days of 11 March.

“Due to the amounts of radioactive material falling below detection levels, monitoring data will not be collected several times a week as before. Data postings will appear less frequently unless conditions warrant more frequent measurements.” – AZ.gov

NOTE: U.S. Derived Intervention Level is 4,600 pCi/L for milk.
LLD is Lower Limit of Detection in pCi/L.
pCi/L is picocuries per liter of milk.
source

Let us attempt to fully understand what we have just read.

We have a world-affecting nuclear emergency and the radiation monitoring will be much less?

If "the radiation falls below detection levels", how did Phoenix milk register at levels 500% higher than EPA’s top reading for anywhere in continental U.S.?

There is a nuke near Phoenix - the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station. It has not been mentioned as a source of the radiation.

After more than two years of intense review and scrutiny, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) yesterday approved Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station's license renewal application.

The operating licenses for all three Palo Verde units will be extended 20 years beyond the original 40-year licenses, allowing Unit 1 to operate through 2045, Unit 2 through 2046 and Unit 3 through 2047.

The plant, which is located 50 miles west of Phoenix, is operated by Arizona Public Service, the principal subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. (NYSE: PNW). The approval brings great benefit to Arizona.

Between Arizona Public Service, the plant's largest owner, and the Salt River Project, Palo Verde, with its 4,000 megawatts, supplies approximately one third of the base-load power used in the state. more

April 8th, 2011
Strawberries, mushrooms with Cesium-137 found in Northern California;
5 of 6 items in food chain sampling test have radioactive particles

UCB Food Chain Sampling Results, University of California, Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering

Six items were tested: spinach, strawberries, cilantro, topsoil, grass, and mushrooms. Measured in Becquerel per kilogram.

Wild Mushrooms
Collected April 2 in Alameda, CA:
I131 @ 8.4 Bq/kg
Cs134 @ .63 Bq/kg
Cs137 @ .47 Bq/kg

Strawberries
“Best By” Date of April 1, Location Unknown :
I131@ 2.5 Bq/kg
Cs134 @ .69 Bq/kg
Cs137 @ .67 Bq/kg

Grass
Collected April 3 in Alameda, CA:
I131 @ 9.8 Bq/kg
Cs134 @ 6.9 Bq/kg
Cs137 @ 6.9 Bq/kg

Spinach
“Best By” Date of April 8, Location Unknown:
I131 @ 2.8 Bq/kg

Topsoil
Collected April 6 in Alameda, CA:
I131 @ 12.5 Bq/kg
Cs134 @ .99 Bq/kg
Cs137 @ 1.5 Bq/kg

No radionuclides were found in Cilantro from an unknown location

For infants, the FDA set the level of concern at 55 Bq/kg of Iodine-131.

Guidance Levels for Radionuclides in Domestic and Imported Foods, Food and Drug Administration, July 2004:
Infant Food: Iodine-131 @ 55 Bq/kg

Read the report here.

April 8th, 2011
Vancouver, Canada radiation tests show Iodine-131 in rainwater at almost 100 times above US drinking water limit

Radiation from Japan reaches B.C. shores, Simon Fraser University Media Release:
… The jet stream is carrying the radiation from Japan to North America. Most of the radioactivity disperses in the atmosphere and falls over the Pacific Ocean on its way over, but some of it has now reached the west coast, falling down with rain, and mixing with seawater. It’s also accumulating in seaweed.

The rainwater tested was collected at SFU’s campus on Burnaby Mountain and in downtown Vancouver, while seaweed samples were collected in North Vancouver near the Seabus terminal. Researchers began monitoring rainwater earlier this month but did not see the signature for iodine-131 in samples taken March 16 and March 18. However, they did detect the radioisotope’s signature in samples from March 19, 20 and 25.

Here are the results from the tests (measured in decays of iodine-131 per second per litre of rainwater – Bq/l):

* March 18: 0 (2) Bq/l

* March 19: 9 (2) Bq/l
* March 20: 12 (2) Bq/l

* March 25: 11 (2) Bq/l

11 Bq/L is equal to 297.3 picocuries per liter. (Conversion calculator here)

The federal drinking water standard for Iodine-131 is 3 pCi/L.

(Press Release)
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry for Iodine, CDC, April 2004:

EPA has set an average annual drinking water limit of 3 pCi/L for Iodine-131 so the public radiation dose will not exceed 4 millirem.

So if the rainwater contains almost 100 times the limit, how is this safe?

April 21st, 2011
New EPA data shows Iodine-131 in Los Angeles tap water
— Still no testing for radioactive cesium

This seems to be a pervasive attitude. Fresh Alaskan fish, anyone?

April 18th, 2011
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA
North Pacific fish are so unlikely to be contaminated by radioactive material from the crippled nuclear plant in Japan that there's no reason to test them, according to federal and state of Alaska health officials.

Dangerous levels of radiation have been reported off the coast from the Fukushima reactor complex. However, a spokeswoman for the federal Food and Drug Administration told the Anchorage Daily News that the ocean is so huge, and Alaska fisheries so far away, that there is no realistic threat.

Alaska's food safety program manager, Ron Klein of the Department of Environmental Conservation, said the FDA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration have demonstrated that Alaskans have no cause for worry.

"Based on the work they're doing, no sampling or monitoring of our fish is necessary," he said.

Newspeak?

What the hell is going on here?

A little more than a month into the nuclear crisis, Japanese officials believe they have plugged the major leak that allowed tons of water containing highly radioactive isotopes of iodine and cesium to flow into the sea.

The reactors and spent-fuel-rod pools remain unstable, according to Congressional testimony Tuesday by the chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. A Japanese official said recently the crisis will continue for "a long time."

We wonder where this information originated?

Alaska is the nearest U.S. state to Japan. Fish caught by U.S. fishermen in the 200-mile economic zone swim even closer. That has prompted some fears, particularly in Europe, that Alaska fish could be contaminated.

Tyson Fick, spokesman for the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute, said he's urging fishermen and consumers to look at the science conducted by federal agencies. In Germany and Austria, he said, Alaska fish may have gotten caught up in anti-nuclear politics.

The Green Party in Germany, campaigning in regional elections, used the nuclear issue late last month to take over the state government in prosperous Baden-Wurttemberg, where conservatives had ruled for more than 50 years. Alaska pollock is sold as fish sticks throughout Germany, Fick said, and fear of them could be trouble.

What? No fish sticks? One might wonder where McDonald's gets its fish.

In Anchorage, Dannon Southall of 10th and M Seafoods said customers have expressed concern, but not enough to stop buying fish. Almost all fish the store is selling now was caught and frozen before the March 11 earthquake, he said.

As new supplies replace the old, he expects imported fish especially to be tested if they come from waters close to Japan.

But the government informed we, the people, that testing was unnecessary ...

As for the sea in the region near Fukushimi, only octopus and eel from there had been imported to Alaska in the past, and that was mainly for sushi, he said. DeLancey, the FDA spokeswoman, said those Japanese fishermen were disrupted by the tsunami and are no longer fishing anyway.

The FDA has not been testing U.S. fish.

"We've been working with NOAA to keep an eye on U.S. waters, to see if there is any cause for alarm, and we do have the capability to begin testing if that does occur," she said.

NOAA has the capabilities of tracking radioactive particles?

Let's help them.

* Although xenon is not toxic, its compounds are highly toxic -- CRC handbook of chemistry

Let's look a bit further. Of course, Wiki.

Xenon is a chemical element with the symbol Xe and atomic number 54. The element name is pronounced /ˈzɛnɒn/, ZEN-on or /ˈziːnɒn/, ZEE-non. A colorless, heavy, odorless noble gas, xenon occurs in the Earth's atmosphere in trace amounts. Although generally unreactive, xenon can undergo a few chemical reactions such as the formation of xenon hexafluoroplatinate, the first noble gas compound to be synthesized.

Some radioactive isotopes of xenon, for example, 133Xe and 135Xe, are produced by neutron irradiation of fissionable material within nuclear reactors. 135Xe is of considerable significance in the operation of nuclear fission reactors. 135Xe has a huge cross section for thermal neutrons, 2.6×106 barns, so it acts as a neutron absorber or "poison" that can slow or stop the chain reaction after a period of operation.

This was discovered in the earliest nuclear reactors built by the American Manhattan Project for plutonium production. Fortunately, the designers had made provisions in the design to increase the reactor's reactivity (the number of neutrons per fission that go on to fission other atoms of nuclear fuel). 135Xe reactor poisoning played a major role in the Chernobyl disaster. A shutdown or decrease of power of a reactor can result in buildup of 135Xe and getting the reactor into the iodine pit.

Under adverse conditions, relatively high concentrations of radioactive xenon isotopes may be found emanating from nuclear reactors due to the release of fission products from cracked fuel rods, or fissioning of uranium in cooling water.
Wiki

Fukushima Forecast:
Uninterrupted line of radiation stretches across Pacific, tracking towards West Coast of U.S., Canada

This was from 18 April 2011.

This is from 22 April 2011.

This is the projection for Easter Sunday, 24 April 2011.

NOAA fisheries spokeswoman Kate Naughton declined to answer questions and referred a reporter back to DeLancey and the EPA.

DeLancey said that so far, there's no reason for concern about Fukushima. The radioactive materials in the water near Fukushima quickly become diluted in the massive volume of the Pacific, she said. Fallout that lands on the surface tends to stay there, giving the most unstable ones isotopes, such as iodine, time to decay before reaching fish, she said.

Some imported fish are tested, she said, but those also appear safe.

Information from: Anchorage Daily News.

Are we to believe that there is no radiation in the Alaskan fisheries?

Link

And, now, from the Land of Oz.

April 8th, 2011

Nuclear Radiologist: Don’t be fooled by paid industry “consultants”
— Low doses of ionizing radiation do cause cancer

Dr Peter Karamoskos is a nuclear radiologist and a public representative on the radiation health committee of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency.

… There seems to be a never-ending cabal of paid industry scientific ”consultants” who are more than willing to state the fringe view that low doses of ionising radiation do not cause cancer and, indeed, that low doses are actually good for you and lessen the incidence of cancer. …

Ionising radiation is a known carcinogen. This is based on almost 100 years of cumulative research including 60 years of follow-up of the Japanese atom bomb survivors. The International Agency for Research in Cancer (IARC, linked to the World Health Organisation) classifies it as a Class 1 carcinogen, the highest classification indicative of certainty of its carcinogenic effects.

In 2006, the US National Academy of Sciences released its Biological Effects of Ionising Radiation (VII) report, which focused on the health effects of radiation doses at below 100 millisieverts. This was a consensus review that assessed the world’s scientific literature on the subject at that time. It concluded: “. . . there is a linear dose-response relationship between exposure to ionising radiation and the development of solid cancers in humans. It is unlikely that there is a threshold below which cancers are not induced.”

The most comprehensive study of nuclear workers by the IARC, involving 600,000 workers exposed to an average cumulative dose of 19mSv, showed a cancer risk consistent with that of the A-bomb survivors. …
Read the report here.

This should further creative communication ...

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm not supporting OP at all when I say this, I simply do not know enough.

But what I want to say is that with a situation like Japans it's not as simple as them just "dying".
The effects of the radiation will be seen in newborns(birth defects) and cancer for many many years if the people there are not taking the proper precautions.

So I don't know if you were being sarcastic but it would be kind of daft to say "ill just wait for them all to die then I'll be worried) while (Say you were in an infected area) you could be being effected in ways you are not aware of. like say you or someone you know were expecting a child and they were born with a birth defect that's caused by radiation. The imagine it on a larger scale, everyone who's expecting a child has the same outcome they wouldn't know anything is wrong because of course it takes nine months to produce a child.
Things like this can have a huge effect that isn't seen "right away" or in any dramatic manor.
It can have a huge a effect on a community/country.
People who were exposed could have children many years later and still see the effects.
SO like I said before imagine that on a very large scale and how many generations it can last and what that can upset in the chain/circle of life.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by g146541

If the meters are indoors it would be hard for them to measure cesium 137. Other posters on this site have linked up to charts showing the spread. Half life of 30 years btw. So, no I don't like the aim of your post.

You can google search cesium 137 and find the Utube materials that have been mentioned on this site.

Greetings:

We welcome all participation ...

If the meters are indoors it would be hard for them to measure cesium 137.

Sure didn't take long for an agenda to show. Let's get on with it.

Do you just make this stuff up or merely pull it from your nether regions?

What does your opinion have to do with the fact that cesium 137 was detected?

If, in fact, you have any credentials that add weight to your assertions or any other positive input - please bring it.

We are attempting to inform the public to the fact that the USGOV is already downplaying the fact that we have, and are, being radiated.

Do you have specific information that this daily bombardment of radiation of any number of about 200 possible culprits is completely safe?

If this was the case, this thread would have no meat.

Other posters on this site have linked up to charts showing the spread.

Links and some sort of supporting remarks, please.

So, no I don't like the aim of your post.

So, you would have us keep silent so as not to offend your sensibilities?

What is your real agenda here?

If you provide part of the country you or your loved ones live in, we will provide a detailed radiation report for you.

Pick any one of the items we have listed and prove to the people affected that there is nothing to worry about.

Would you, personally, eat or drink suspect food?

Would you let your kids drink milk with Iodine-131 levels 500% higher than readings anywhere else in the U.S.?

We await you rejoinder.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
As I post on a few forums, Cliffs work has been wrong for a few years now. He might get the theme of what might happen right but details and dates have been off for some time.
But the radiation facts are clearly being hidden for all of us. Prepare.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Greetings:

April 22, 2010
Nuclear reactor 150 miles from Atlanta shuts down abruptly and unexpectedly
— Triggered if system detects conditions that could be unsafe

Nuclear Reactor In Ga. Shuts Down Abruptly, CBS Atlanta (AP), April 22, 2010 at 2:29 am EDT:

A nuclear reactor at Plant Vogtle in eastern Georgia has been taken out of service until authorities determine why it unexpectedly shut down. …

Nuclear reactors are designed to shut down if automatic monitoring systems detect conditions that could be unsafe. Southern Co. spokesman Alyson Fuqua said it was not immediately clear what prompted the shutdown. …

And the beat goes on ...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve8511
As I post on a few forums, Cliffs work has been wrong for a few years now. He might get the theme of what might happen right but details and dates have been off for some time.
But the radiation facts are clearly being hidden for all of us. Prepare.

Greetings Steve8511:

Thank you for your input.

clif may have dates "wrong", as you put it, but he still makes for an interesting read and does provide a myriad of thought-provoking premises.

His premise regarding the concept of time, for instance.

(...)
In the continuous creation model of reality, all of what can be observed within the material universe is really a complex arrangement of standing waves or vibrations which are vibrating so fast as to trick those of us within material universe into perceiving it as solid. Part of this trick has to do with the apparent, or perceived passage of time.

The perceived passage of time for those beings within universe is dependent upon the duality of the pulse and pause. Not only does the pause allow for entropy to exist, it also provides the perceived dynamism of ‘time’. It is worth noting here that the sensory supplied human (and other earth life form) minds are perceiving at the rate of about 30 to 60 frames (pulse/pause rate) per second, so it is little wonder that such minds are convinced that reality is solid.

Note: In the continuous creation model of reality, the pulse creates universe 22/twenty-two trillion times a second, while the pause allows for the complete destruction of all that has just been created. Movement in the rational mind cannot occur in material world without the duality of both continuous creation, and continuous destruction. In other words, for percieved movement of any and all kinds to occur in material universe, it is necessary that the 'matter' of material universe not be all that solid, and that gaps for destruction of all atoms and everything exist in 'time'.
(...)

Back to the topic at hand, if you provide your location, we can provide a unique radiation reading for your city, should you like. Maybe you already have information from local media that can add to the mix.

Is radiation being discussed at all in your local media?

Hmmmm ... should there be a map? Just thinking ahead ...we'll do it ... map the abnormal readings around the country. After all, a plethora of data exists already.

Of course, someone will say that radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample that is 3300% above federal drinking water standard is nothing to worry about.

Frankly, we do not give a damn.

What happened in Japan with the disinfo and media blackout of potentially life-saving information will not happen here in America on our watch.

“Rainwater is not typically directly consumed,” Corbett said. “However, people might get alarmed by making what would be an inappropriate connection from rainwater to drinking water. By testing the drinking water, we can assure people that the water is safe.” …

Newspeak?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join