It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i think that the name ameriga (lightl) has finaly become that fabuloso planet x now a days in and out of parralel spacetimes we cyrcle as well
why.. that DVD disk (3D or 4D>?) of the galaxy isnt anymore able to record da goods

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Have to agree with you about the edit box!

I like to write several lines in it sometimes.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
Official UN Forecast: 'Diluted' Radioactive Fallout Heading To US West Coast

Care to show where exactly on a UN site that claim is made?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Daily Data Summary

April 22, 2011 at 3:55:26 PM EDT.

As the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has said, we do not expect to see radiation at harmful levels reaching the U.S. from damaged Japanese nuclear power plants. As part of the federal government's continuing effort to make our activities and science transparent and available to the public, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will continue to keep all RadNet data available in the current online database. EPA is working with its federal partners and has deployed additional monitors to Hawaii, Alaska, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands.

EPA is utilizing this existing nationwide radiation monitoring system, RadNet, which continuously monitors the nation's air and regularly monitors drinking water, milk and precipitation for environmental radiation. The RadNet online searchable database contains historical data of environmental radiation monitoring data from all fifty states and U.S. territories.

EPA will provide daily data summaries of our radiation air monitoring efforts. We will continue to keep all RadNet data available in the current online database.

April 22, 2011

As of 9:00 am (EDT) EPA's RadNet radiation air monitors across the U.S. show typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern.

Today, EPA also released new data for drinking water, precipitation and milk. Results for precipitation and drinking water have detected low levels of radioactive material consistent with estimated releases from the damaged nuclear reactors. These detections were expected and the levels detected are far below levels of public-health concern.

That's all well and good, but what about this from four days prior?

Estimated releases were at over 3,000%?

Far below levels of concern?

March 28, 2011

Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard

To view the most recent sampling and monitoring data, go to epa.gov

April 21, 2011

As of 9:00 am (EDT) EPA's RadNet radiation air monitors across the U.S. show typical fluctuations in background radiation levels. The levels detected are far below levels of concern.

Is it just me, or is this parsing of words?

This statement indicates that background levels experience "typical" fluctuations.

It speaks only about background levels. Ahhhhhh ... the nuances of Newspeak.

There is nothing to see here - move along.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I am not "attempting" a derailment here, i am just stating facts.
The Japanese are not all dead yet, in fact quite a large number of them are still standing and fighting.
They also still live in Japan near said facility.
So if this is the case then why should i be concerned whether the US will be bombarded with radiation?
I do believe something is wrong, ....over there but if the people there still live, then why should i worry?

come back in a few months to a year after nature takes it course, and lets see if you feel the same way.

Serious Radiation effects are not necessarily immediate. Just look at the situation with 9/11 first responders.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Dear All,

I am a long-time lurker, first time poster. I am not sure why, but something just clicked into my head just now. As to the relevance of what I am about to post, I am not sure, but nonetheless felt it necessary to post.

Make up your own minds. I for one have spotted the synchronicity with the following.

www.youtube.com...

Make sure you watch it to the end. A subliminal warning? Or preparation perhaps. Who knows??...

Regards.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Greetings:

April 17, 2011

Record Levels of Fukushima Japan Nuclear Radiation Detected In Pacific Ocean Will Be Carried Toward US

source

NHK news reports record levels of radiation in the ocean off the coast of Fukushima have been detected.

NHK also reports that the radioactive material is expected to be carried East Toward the US in a fast-moving ocean current.

Diffusion of radioactive substances predicted

Japan’s science ministry says radioactive substances will continue to diffuse to the northeast in the Pacific Ocean for several days after being released from the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The ministry conducted a computer-simulated prediction of movements of such substances, based on a seawater survey as well as data on currents in nearby waters.

On April 2nd, levels of radioactive iodine-131 near the water intake of the plant’s No. 2 reactor were found to be 7.5 million times higher than the legal limit.

The ministry says the radiation levels are on the decline, but remain high.

The ministry’s short-term prediction says the substances will spread from the coast to the northeast, maintaining their levels for several days.

The ministry plans to step up monitoring of the movement of radioactive substances in waters around the plant and release another prediction.

April 13, 2011

19:44 +0900 (JST)
Source: NHK

I previously posted an independent scientific projection of how the 3 million gallons of radioactive waste initially dumped by TEPCO into the ocean will spread.

The only problem with that projection is TEPCO has now dumped over 20 million gallons of radioactive seawater and continues to do so.

Tepco has also indicated that they are running out of on-site storage space and may need to start dumping even more radioactive waste into the Pacific ocean.

I guess that this is not a surprise after the FDA said there is no concern to human life from eating fish with radiation 24 times the FDA limit for radiation in fish or given the fact that the EPA has just switched from their own standard of radiation which allows for cancer fatalities in 1 out of a million over to an FDA standard which allows for fatalities from cancer in 1 in 2,200, a clear attempt to continue the myth that radiation that has been detected is still below levels of concern.

And the beat goes on.

April 22, 2011

Daily EPA RadNet Monitoring:
As of April 22, 2011

Monitoring of radiation in and near Idaho does not indicate any public health risk related to the damaged nuclear reactors in Japan.

And the beat goes on.

Japan Nuclear Radiation Rainwater Update
– Idaho Iodine Levels 14,066% Above EPA Limit

As previously posted, Lucas Hixton Whitefield tipped us off to the fact that the EPA has been detecting Plutonium and Strontium along the entire US West Coast since March 18th.

The discovery came after Lucas found that the advanced custom EPA Radnet data search contained several radioactive isotopes that the EPA was presenting to the public as the all inclusive list of Radiation being detected.

Using the advanced search I pulled all of the rainwater tests which are listed below showing dozens of cities with iodine radiation in the rainwater across the entire US with levels far above the EPA drinking water limit.

Update 12:01 EST April, 22nd 2011

Here are the results for Plutonium.

All results were detected by actinides extraction chromatography as part of either the RadNet Radiation Network Alert or the Fukushima deployables.

To fit the data on the web page I have moved some redundant columns .

I removed the half-life column which the EPA results report as 24,131 years for Plutonium-239 and for 87.75 years for Plutonium-238.

I have also removed the unit column as all amounts reported are pCi/m3 or picocuries per cubic meter.

Plutonium Results

Strontium Results

Update 1:07 EST April, 22nd 2011

Strontium-89 and 90 were detected in Environmental Matrices.

Again the half-life column has been removed to fit the data on this page. The EPA reports the half-life for the Strontium-89 is 50.55 years and the half-life for the Strontium-90 at 28.6 years.

All Strotium detections were from the RadNet Radiation Alert Network.

Agian all units reported are pCi/m3 or picocuries per cubic meter.

Cesium Results

Update 1:29 EST April, 22nd 2011

I will be posting the cesium results in 3 seperate tables – Air, Milk and Rain so the data can be fit here.

All Cesium samples were detected using Gamma Spectrometry.

Cesium Air Result

All units for cesium air samples are pCi/m3.

Cesium Milk Results

All amounts are pCi/L.

Cesium Rain Results

All amounts are pCi/L.

It is aware folks like this that inspire us all to help make a difference.

Deny Ignorance!

I have put a Google Docs Spreadsheet of the Plutonium, Strontium, And Cesium Seperated By Air, Rain, And Milk online which is basically the tables above.

Lucas has also put a Google spreadsheet of his EPA radnet search[/url] showing where Plutonium, Strontium, and Cesium have been detected online with all of the original columns from the EPA data.

I will update this post with a more user-friendly view of the EPA result data.

In the mean time, you can get to the EPA data yourself, though it is rather confusing.

Start here: Final step of the advanced custom EPA Radnet data search here.

Then simply enter 3/11/2011 as the start date and today’s date as the end date.

Scroll down click the radionuclides to include in the results, for example plutonium.

Finally click search database to view the results or download to CSV to save the results on your PC.

Again h/t to Lucas for making the original discovery that the EPA had hidden this data from the public results they have been compiling.

Of course, move along, there is nothing to see here ...

Is your city on this list?

Help get the Corporate media to report on this story.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Greetings:

And now, for something completely different - but still on-topic.

Come on, creative thinkers, let's hear from you, too!

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

Fighting The Damage Caused By Radiation

After the horrible earthquake in Japan, that has caused all this damage to many of the nuclear reactors that are operating in that country, radiation is now spreading worldwide. With high levels of radiation being released into the atmosphere on a continuous basis, it will have a devastating effect on the lives of most living creatures.

But once again, if used properly, high quality hemp oil can provide a solution that will be of great help to mankind in alleviating this situation. For years, I have been telling the public, that every man woman and child on this earth, should be taking small doses of this oil everyday to maintain good health. With all the radiation that is now entering our atmosphere, it is basically urgent, that we now all start ingesting this oil as soon as possible to undo the damage this radiation will cause.

Through my experience with the use of this oil, I have found that there is nothing more effective or more harmless that can reduce the damage caused by radiation. I have seen patients that were suffering from cancer who were badly damaged by the effects of radiation treatments, that were able to completely eliminate the damage in a short time.

Some who have come to me that had radiation treatments, were burned so badly by its effects that their shin looked like red leather. After ingesting the oil treatment their skin went back to its normal healthy state and the radiation burns disappeared completely. If the oil can do this for someone that was badly damaged by such so called medical treatments, would its use not be effective to combat the effects of the radiation, now emanating from Japan.

There are thousands of reasons why the medicinal use of the cannabis plant, should never have been restricted in the first place. But now with the menace that all this escaping radiation presents, we would have to be insane to turn our backs on the use of hemp extracts to help us all deal with this situation.

I truly feel sorry for the misery the people of Japan are now going through and if nothing can be done to stop the radiation from escaping, they may loose their homeland entirely. Don’t be fooled by government double talk, radiation is an invisible but dangerous threat to the well-being of us all and only a complete fool would try to say otherwise. The wondrous medicinal effects of properly produced oil from the cannabis hemp plant are finally being recognized once more worldwide.

This is just one more reason, we must begin to start growing this plant on a grand scale and it is time that we all told our governments that we have had enough of their nonsense. Our very lives and the lives of coming generations, plus the well being of many other species are at stake and its now up to us, to determine what future mankind is to have.

Best Wishes,

Rick Simpson
Phoenix Tears

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
wow look @ the pretty colours

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Greetings:

5 April 2011

The global measurements of radioactivity (as of 4/1/11) show
traces of iodine and cesium currently found in nearly all measuring points of
the northern hemisphere.

ZAMG 4/5/11
These isotopes are still registered in the Arctic,  in Resolute, Canada, and
Spitsbergen, Norway.

Iodine-131 values greater than 1000 μBqm -3 are still in parts of the
United States.

"In any of the areas mentioned here, there is a risk to
health."

source

WHY ARE WE NOT BEING WARNED?

Look at the radiation crossing the United States

And then, there is the continuous release of Cesium-137 on a daily basis from the crippled Japanese reactors.

And this is one of the best simulations of current air currents from Japan in case anyone is under the impression that we are not in a state of constant bombardment from contaminates:

Weather Model - Global Jet Stream Wind and 250 mb Pressure.

ALASKA UPDATE

March 19, 2011

Dutch Harbor, ALASKA registers highest radiation in United States

Despite high levels
in the Aleutian Island community on March 19-20, state, and federal health
officials continued to say Tuesday that the amounts of radioactive byproducts
were way too small to pose a health risk.

Among the missing results were from stations in Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska.  An EPA
spokeswoman said "missing information may be attributed to a backlog at the
agency's lab in Alabama."

Dutch Harbor also reported the highest levels of cesium-137, more than three
times any other reporting station in the United States and twice the level of
the next highest station, in Guam.

Dutch Harbor's reading on dangerous tellurium-132, was more than 100 times
higher than any place else that reported.

A portable radiation monitor on emergency deployment to Dutch Harbor by the EPA recorded the highest levels of Iodine-131 of any of the 100-plus monitors in the EPA's RadNet system. Those readings were taken March 19, of 2.42 picocuries per cubic meter of air, and March 20, of 2.8 picocuries. Among 14 samples collected through April 2, no I-131 was detected three times, and there never was more than a tenth the level of the two elevated samples.

Similarly, the deployable monitor in Nome recorded the highest reading in the United States of Cesium-131, 0.13 picocuries per cubic meter of air, on March 24. Thirteen samples since then, through April 5, detected none.

Only one air filter from the EPA monitor in Anchorage has been analyzed by the EPA lab in Montgomery, Ala. That was a sample collected March 21, and showed so little total radioactivity -- 0.006 picocuries per cubic meter of air -- that it wasn't analyzed further to learn which radioactive isotopes were present, the EPA said this week.

What in the hell is going on here?

This is insanity and no one is up in arms - yet ... keep reading.

In addition to the filters, which in the case of the Anchorage monitor are collected and sent to Alabama two times a week, the monitors continually check for raw beta and gamma radiation and reports it to the RadNet system by satellite. In Anchorage, those readings have been consistently within the background range established before the March 11 earthquake.

Now, we feel a whole lot better.

"Honey, tell the kid's that we're not going to glow. The government said it's OK to eat the yellow snow as it's within background levels - never a spike in monitor levels ... all is well ..."

Still, the city said this week it intends to sample its reservoir at Eklutna for radioactive isotopes when the ice goes out, which typically happens in mid-May.

Eklutna is critical to Anchorage's fresh water supply. Over the course of a year, the city will get about 92 percent of its water from there, with the remainder from wells, said Chris Kosinski, spokesman for the Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility.

Iodine-131 has a half-life of about eight days, meaning that after eight days, half of a given amount will have undergone decay, producing radiation and a new stable element, xenon. Given that half-life, nearly all the iodine that would have fallen on Eklutna will have safely decayed by the time the ice melts.

But two other radioactive isotopes typically found in reactors, cesium-137 and strontium-90, have half-lives of about 30 years.

"This is brand-new stuff, but we're figuring out what we have to do," Kosinski said. "It makes sense to us to wait for the ice to melt."

Read more: www.adn.com...

Certain species of Pacific Salmon migrate all the way to Kamchatka and back
to the west coast North America. Considering where the radioactive plumes have been going for over six weeks, it might tend to make one wonder if there are any radioactive fish migrating back to Alaska?

Silly us - the government has already said there is no need even to monitor.

Newspeak.

Doublethink.

What's really going on here?

Alaska’s largest and most valuable fisheries target salmon, pollock, crab, herring, halibut, shrimp, sablefish, and Pacific cod. The total value of Alaska’s commercial fisheries is $1.5 billion to the fishermen; with a wholesale value of $3.6 billion.

Economists have estimated the seafood industry to contribute $5.8 billion and 78,500 jobs to the Alaskan economy. Fisheries management in Alaska is based on scientific assessments and monitoring of harvested populations and is regarded as a model of successful natural resource stewardship.

When considering Alaska Fisheries, one must remember:

90% of the world's commercial herring are in these waters (2007)

75% of the world's commercial halibut are in these waters (2007)

Perhaps most important:

62% of U.S.
Commercial seafood is harvested in Alaska Waters (2007)

Distance to closest American cities

Anchorage - 3,320 miles / 5343.022 km - closest large
U.S. city to Fukushima.

Juneau, Alaska - 3,890 miles / 6260.348 km

Honolulu, Hawaii - 3,810 / 6131.600 km

Seattle - 4,650 miles / 7483.449 km

Anaheim, Calif. - 5,400

source

Alaska’s seafood production among the top ten in the world:  among the
largest single fisheries in the world.

Alaska boasts 42% of the world’s harvest of wild salmon and 80% high-value
species king, sockeye and coho salmon.

If Alaska were a nation, it would place 9th among seafood producing
countries.

source

And now, for something completely different - news from Korea.

Go figure this story.

April 7, 2011

Radioactive rain causes 130 schools in Korea to close
Yet rain in California had 10 TIMES more radioactivity
(KOREA TIMES 4/7/11)

Radioactive Iodine-131 in rainwater sample near San Francisco, California was
18,100% above federal drinking water standard.

University of California, Berkeley, Department of Nuclear Engineering:
Iodine-131 level in rainwater sample taken on the roof of Etcheverry Hall on UC Berkeley campus, 3/23/11 from 9:06-18:00 PDT.

20.1 Becquerel per liter (Bq/L) = 543 Picocuries per liter (pCi/L).

The federal drinking water standard for Iodine-131 is 3 pCi/L.

We're speechless.

In Love, Peace & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALTERNATECH
was just looking at these charts here, www.ic.unicamp.br...seems reac 2's torus has rads of over 200 sieverts as we speak, and another thing, if you see any video with a counts per minute geiger at chernoble and then another at fukushima, I mean wow, big difference, and not in a good way, soooooo neways, video I saw showed in & around 10,000 cpm 4.5 kliks from zee plant. My converter won't convert cpm's to anything. sadface on toooooo many levels. Be nice to know what that 10,000 means, because with all the business goin' on and on I finger that'll make your hair fall out.

Greetings:

...10,000 cpm 4.5 kliks ...

Easy one first: 4.5 kliks is 4.5 kilometers, or 2.79617 miles or 2 mi. and 1401.2 yards

Now, this will be of interest and assistance.

The following is courtesy of modernsurvivalblog.com.

We are presenting it without tags so to be as clear as possible. We take no credit or responsibility for the information.

modernsurvivalblog.com...

Given the recent events in Japan and the nuclear reactor damage and radiation entering the atmosphere there, the following information may help to understand the units of measurement being discussed, and how it may correlate to Geiger Counter readings such as those being displayed around the country on the Radiation Network.

Units of Measurement (Radiation)
1 rad = 0.01 gray (Gy)
1 rem = 0.01 sievert (Sv)

1 gray (Gy) = 100 rad
1 sievert (Sv) = 100 rem

Rad and Gray are ‘absorbed dose’ units.
Rem and Sievert are ‘equivalent dose’ units.

Why a Rem and a Sievert?
They relate to biological damage done to human tissue and factor the differences between types of radiation. A multiplication factor is used that represents the ‘effective’ biological damage of a given type of radiation. This is the main reason for these units – to factor the differences in damage that is caused from one type of radiation to the next.

Radiation Factor (QF Quality Factor)
(1) Beta
(1) Gamma
(1) X-ray
(10) Nuetron
(20) Alpha

For example, the list above shows that a ‘rad’ or ‘gray’ unit of ‘Alpha’ energy that is absorbed by soft human tissue does 20 times more damage than a ‘rad’ or ‘gray’ of Gamma, X-ray or Beta radiation.

Measuring Radiation with a Geiger Counter CPM
What is CPM (also the ‘number’ used on the Radiation Network )?

CPM (counts per minute) is a measure of radioactivity, a unit of measurement for a Geiger counter. Technically, “It is the number of atoms in a given quantity of radioactive material that are detected to have decayed in one minute.”

Most Geiger counters are calibrated to Cs137 (Cesium).

1,200 CPM on the meter (for Cs137) is about 1 mR/hr (milliRad per hour).
120 CPM on the meter (for Cs137) is about 1 uSv/hr (microSievert per hour).

How many CPM of radiation is bad?

Answer:

It depends on how long you are exposed at any given level. The Radiation Network website, for example, uses a threshold warning level of 100 CPM, mainly because it is unusual to observe levels of 100 or higher without something more going on in the area than just background level.

Having said that, how could one figure out the ‘badness’ of a given level? How bad is bad? All we need to do is put in terms that makes sense.

First, we must understand a few radiation facts and numbers regarding dosage. There tend to be lots of conversions and it can be confusing, but by plodding through the math, you can determine a better idea and relationship of the Geiger counter numbers versus the risks to your health.

Radiation Dosage
Radiation dosage is a measure of the risk of biological harm that the tissues receive in the body.

The unit of absorbed radiation dose is the sievert (Sv). Since one sievert is a large quantity, radiation doses normally encountered are expressed in milliSievert (mSv) or microSievert (µSv) which are one-thousandth or one millionth of a sievert. For example, one chest X-ray will give about 0.2 mSv of radiation dose.

On average, our annual radiation exposure due to all natural sources is about 300 milliRem, which is equivalent to 3 milliSieverts (3 mSv). Adding man-made sources (medical procedures, and others) the average annual U.S. radiation dose is about 600 milliRem, which is equivalent to 6 milliSieverts (6 mSv).

Average annual human exposure to radiation (U.S.)
600 milliRem (mRem)
6 milliSievert (mSv)

Radiation dose for increase cancer risk of 1 in a 1,000
1,250 milliRem (mRem)
12.5 milliSievert (mSv)

Earliest onset of radiation sickness
75,000 milliRem (mRem)
750 milliSievert (mSv)

Onset of radiation poisoning
300,000 milliRem (mRem)
3,000 milliSievert (mSv)

Expected 50% death from radiation
400,000 milliRem (mRem)
4,000 milliSievert (mSv)

What do the Radiation Network CPM numbers mean with regards to health risk?

With the examples of radiation dose listed above, we can correlate how long it would take to experience those effects based on a hypothetical Geiger counter CPM number.

So, let’s use the number 100, since this is the threshold that the Radiation Network website has chosen. The Cs137 calibration factor listed above (120 CPM) was converted to obtain the proper factored results listed below (0.83x). Higher CPM numbers are also listed for relevancy.

Days compared with the avg. annual human exposure (U.S.)
207 (at 100 CPM)
42 (at 500 CPM)
14 (at 1,500 CPM)
2 (at 10,000 CPM)

Days to receive dose for increase cancer risk of 1 in a 1,000
432 (at 100 CPM)
86 (at 500 CPM)
28 (at 1,500 CPM)
4 (at 10,000 CPM)

Days for earliest onset of radiation sickness
25,937 (at 100 CPM)
5,187 (at 500 CPM)
1,729 (at 1,500 CPM)
259 (at 10,000 CPM)

Conclusion: Regarding the radioactive fallout from Japan reaching here to the U.S., the metered Geiger Counter CPM that we see on the Radiation Network can be compared to the equivalent ‘what-IF’ scenarios listed above. Not saying though that anything less would not be ‘bad’ for us, there are lots of theories out there regarding long-term effects of various types of radioactive ionized particles making it into the food chain, etc…

Interesting fact:

All food sources combined, expose a person to around 40 millirems per year on average.

Many foods are naturally radioactive, and bananas are particularly so, due to the radioactive potassium-40 they contain. The equivalent dose for 365 bananas (one per day for a year) is 3.6 millirems (36 μSv).

Other foods that have above-average levels are potatoes, kidney beans, nuts (especially brazil nuts), and sunflower seeds.

Ways to limit radiation exposure:
1. Time (limit exposure time)
2. Distance (intensity decreases sharply according to the inverse-square-law)
3. Shielding:

(alpha: nearly anything… a sheet of paper will stop it)

(beta: wood, water, plastic-acrylic, aluminum)

(gamma: water, concrete, lead)

Disclaimer: Do not rely upon this information for life or health, it is only one person’s estimation based on a several hours research and punching calculator buttons. We have no affiliation with the Radiation Network, who may or may not agree with these numbers.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
wow look @ the pretty colours

Greetings:

And that's the best you can do? Why waste the bandwidth inane remarks? We could play that game, too.

Do ya feel lucky, punk?

Bring it.

However, before you attempt communication at a level that might actually mean anything, please read this thread from the beginning so you know what we're speaking of - we even made it easy for folks like you - the salient points "appear as a box of crayolas scattered on the screen" (another member's words) - then come back here with an intelligent remark, if you are capable.

Where in the world do you live that you have such a cavalier attitude about the moronic display of arrogance as evidenced by this unmanageable, unending crisis?

You do realize, don't you, that your loved ones are at risk, too?

For example:

April 23rd, 2011

Japan admits daily radioactive release from Fukushima at 154 trillion Becquerels, many times higher than previously announced — Nuclear commission blames calculation error

The Nuclear Safety Commission under the Prime Minister’s Office disclosed on April 23 that the amount of radioactive materials being released from the TEPCO Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant was 154 terabecquerels per day (1 tera is 1 trillion) as late as April 5 when the amount being released was considered stabilized.

On April 5, the estimated amount of radioactive materials released from Fukushima I Nuke Plant was 0.69 terabecquerels/hour for iodine-131 and 0.14 terabecquerels/hour for cesium-137. When the numbers were recalculated according to the INES method (converting cesium amount into iodine equivalent), the amount released turned out to be 6.4 terabecquerels/hour (which was 154 terabecquerels per day.

Previously, the Nuclear Safety Commission had simply added the numbers for iodine-131 and cesium-137, and announced it was less than 1 terrabecquerel per hour (CORRECTED FROM 1 PER DAY).

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to participate and look forward to further communication.

Maybe we both can learn something.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows
reply to post by g146541

If the meters are indoors it would be hard for them to measure cesium 137. Other posters on this site have linked up to charts showing the spread. Half life of 30 years btw. So, no I don't like the aim of your post.

You can google search cesium 137 and find the Utube materials that have been mentioned on this site.

Greetings:

NSC 23, the Cabinet Office, the amount of radioactive material were released into the atmosphere from the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station TEPCO, even at five days this month settled emissions, Terra 154 becquerels per day (One terabyte is 1 trillion) announced that it had reached. (...)

It is nice to meet someone who is knowledgeable about radiation meters.

It begs the question: where is the optimum placement for such meters and what is their effective range??

What about Iodine-131 or Cesium-137?

Does there exist a remote possibility of contamination here in America from there deadly toxins?

Would you be so kind as to link to those "other posters" and charts to validate your "point"?

Would you be so kind as to describe your interpretation as to the "aim"of this post?

Thank you for your time and consideration and we look forward to your reply.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
April 24, 2011

Radiation Infographic
by Sean Bonner

This graphic is helpful in understanding much about radiation.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Let me start by sayng hello. I'm new here, but I have been following the large Japan crisis thread, since the 9 quake. I have been amazed by what the team effort can do.
Can we together, be free of nuclear maddness ? Yes, I think so. This is a very important thread, and hopefully, when I'm done being long winded, some nice folks can bring over, news articles, and data to support these ideas. Who knows ? With all these sharp minds, and great technical skills, I'll bet the gang here could come up with a rock solid enery plan. The first thing we have to agree on, is that you just can't start shuting off these poisonous power plants. They could be phased out though, starting with the most dangerous. Couldn't we start with 10%, Let's aim for 50% reduction in 15 years. Sounds impossilbe ? I recenly watched a Doc on Canadian TV, on how Germany is breaking away from nuclear plants. Before they began this program, the goverment had to stand up to the huge energy companies, and tell them they were through, influencing public policy. That's important. None of this can work unless the good people of the US [and Canada] demand it. Next they started a subsidy program by where every rooftop gets solar panels. The houses and buildings become the grid. Wait there is more. According to another article, I read on the web, that by also starting industries, manufacturing solar panels, they have created over three million, highly paid middle class jobs [Not Mcjobs], and it now out strips the auto industry. For the US, being triple, the population, that would mean 12 million high paying, middle-class jobs. It could go a long way to restoring the middle class. If at all possible, I'd like someone from Germany to weigh in on this disscusion, and tell us how the program is working. Canada is now developing such a program, and I just began looking into it. I'm definately interested. It seems, once the system is installed, they would pay the home owner about 4 times, what they charge you, when you're drawing from the grid. I see a lot of farmers are becoming solar farmers as well. Again, if there are any Canuck's, who have taken advantage of this new program, jump in and let us know. I'm also sure if regular folks, and businesses took conservation seriously, we could close down a few nuke plants, also. I must admit, I was a bit surprised to read, how many smart contributers, to the Japan thread, were positive, that nuclear plants could not be replaced. OK, how about some of them? How about 1. Maybe 2 ? The point here, is to stop the nuclear pendulum, first. Then get it swinging in the opposite direction. I'll bet in 15 years, clean technology has advanced to the point, where we no longer have to live with a gun pointed to our heads. When you add in the new vertical wind, and wave turbines, I can see a drastic reduction in nuclear power, corporate influence, and poverty. After all, after paying your solar power system off, it will start paying off your mortgage. It's the right thing to do, for the future of all life, and it could greatly benefit regular people. We sure can't go on like this. If the world realized they have two choices, extinction, or sitting in the dark, I'll bet that green technology, could be developed even faster. So jump in gang, and tell this old long hair, why it can't be. I promise I will learn how to inbed videos and news articles within a week. I wonder what the doomsday clock is reading, these days ? Thanks for the floor, Four Winds ! Lets sink the big ship, and build many canoes.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Greetings:

And the beat goes on ...

It continually amazes us that ATS is read (seemingly everywhere) by such a diverse, wide audience, who tend to lurk, never post, so their presence is not a foregone conclusion.

Funny, we never even thought of "an audience" - once one is in media, one never considers that there might be NO ONE listening, reading, thinking ... oops ... another thread. Back to topic.

An old-time (we're as old as dirt) RW friend contacted us (encrypted back-channel, of course) and gave us three tidbits of information:

1) ATS is being monitored CLOSELY by, and has been infiltrated long ago (like that's new news), by ... "the alphabet boys."

So much for being political correct - weren't the boyz' ranks infiltrated by the fems long ago? At least, that's the impression we got from ATS Comix and we most certainly do not imply in no way that Mr. Mask is CIA - or anything else for that matter (no matter what the rumors at Rainbow). Never really felt comfortable in Van Nuys anyway, too Vallllleeeeeyyyy for our taste...

2) Some of my friend's RW associates have been in contact with the Japanese government with this product and said we should run it by Zorgon "and the crew" on ATS. We'll post it on the "America's Being Nuked ..." site as well to add to the reference base.

They mentioned by name many of the heavy-hitters on this thread and how impressed they were with the quality and level of discourse - we heard "top-notch think-tank" tossed about, along with ...."what Rand should be" , but they used Zorgon because of his aside at us (and they liked his avatar). (Some of these very same people were at "No Diablo Over Me" with us back in the day. Funny how life is).

BTW, they followed us here from our thread America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

At least somebody is interested in solid information not available MSM. Not a whole lot of active participation as yet, however, we will not give up the ship as this information needs more exposure - pun intended.

3) "Inform Zorgon that we are part of the "we" thorfourwinds speaks of and let it go." Guess it is better to let some things go rather than find out one needs an environmental impact report in order to comply with provisions regarding the release of poolium onto a public roadway in Las Vegas. BTW, can that ferret swim?

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.

Here is what they speak of. Interesting, but a bit above my pay grade.

Enjoy.

Postretrieval and Preclosure High-Level Radioactive Liquid Waste
Tank Lay-up Using New Mex U-Mate
TM.

Eric P. Loewen Ph.D.
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
Dennis Yellowhorse Jones, U-Mate International Inc.

Abstract:

The final long-term management challenge in the Department of Energy (DOE) is the safe and economic closure of underground tanks across the complex that were previously used to hold high level waste (HLW). The WVDP cannot immediately proceed with tank closure until NEPA determinations are made, therefore a tank lay-up strategy for 5 to 15 years is needed. The goal
of the lay-up is to place the tanks in a safe, stable, minimum-maintenance mode that does not compromise final closure options.

A small team at the INEEL and U-Mate International Inc proposed a technical solution to support TFA’s two basic needs (tank lay-up and grout formulation) using New Mex U-Mate. For tank lay-up, the team proposed several feet of a stabilizing material called New Mex U-Mate™ (NMUM) as furnished by U-Mate International, Inc. NMUM is a complex inorganic/organic material that offers excellent pH buffer control and heavy metal capture.

This type of humate has a low salt content and a similar redox potential as the earth to which the tanks are exposed below ground. We expect with NMUM addition inside and outside (liquid suspension injected around the tank), tank corrosion will be reduced in lay-up. Using NMUM in a grout matrix is expected improve properties such as flowability and radionuclide retention.

To validate the claims we made in regard to tank lay-up, we are working on a fast-paced research program that investigates the basic properties of NMUM mixed with HLW tank heels. The specific objectives of our current research are: 1) Mix various amounts of NMUM with surrogate tank waste while performance measures such as TCLP (toxicity characteristic leaching procedure), Kd, pH, and ion uptake are quantified. 2) Measure the instantaneous corrosion rate of a simulated steel tank before and after adding the NMUM in and around the tank. 3) Use NMUM as a co-feed to current grout formulations to ascertain whether improved properties are realized, such as flowability during grout placement and radionuclide retention. This research will demonstrate an innovative application of NMUM to technology needs associated with RCRA closure of DOE HLW tanks.

The DOE Tank Focused Area (TFA) has recently put a call for proposal to look at small-scale demonstration of alternative high-level waste (HLW) tank lay-up options. The ORNL tanks are 750,000-gallon carbon steel tanks and, at the point from which lay-up will proceed, will contain a small amount of insoluble solids residue and an estimated 5,000- gallon liquid heel.

The WVDP cannot immediately proceed with tank closure until NEPA determinations are made, therefore a tank lay-up strategy for 5 to15 years is needed. The goal of the lay-up is to place the tanks in a safe, stable, minimum-maintenance mode that does not compromise final closure options.

With respect to final tank closure, the TFA is focusing on the use of technetium, a grout formulation such as to reduce the mobility of key radionuclides. The specific grout formulation selected for a tank closure is based on the site-specific performance requirements across the DOE complex. To support future tank and site-specific selections of grout formulations for tank closures over the next several decades, the TFA desires to develop and document an improved science and performance understanding of tank closure grouts.
(...)
more

We found this to rather to the point at hand.

As the DOE considers in-situ tank lay-up and final closure, the focus should be to ensure that the material used to lay-up and close the tank is in harmony with the environment in which it will reside for eternity. To that end, using NMUM would allow the use of humic and fulvic substances, the most widely distributed natural products on the surface of the earth. Humic substances are found in soils, sediments, and subsurface mining strata and within water resources. These substances have the greatest single influence on all physical, chemical, and biologic conditions on earth.

Would this process be anything similar to what has been discussed here a few hundred pages ago regarding graphite cladding of containers to remove small bits of RPV excrement? As this process is being applied to 750,000-gallon (2.8 million liter) carbon steel tanks in conjunction with the DOE at some of the most polluted sites in the U.S., would it be a part of the solution in Japan? An organic solution?

What could be more appropriate than having the Earth heal itself?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Greetings:

Here's something to think about - an interesting read, to say the least.

March 24, 2011

Radioactive substances and their impact on health

Countries around the world have either banned or stepped up tests on imports from quake-stricken Japan after radioactive substances were found in its food and water following blasts at a nuclear plant.

Exposure to large amounts of radioactivity can cause nausea, vomiting, hair loss, diarrhea, hemorrhage, destruction of the intestinal lining, central nervous system damage, and death.
It also causes DNA damage and raises the risk of cancer, particularly in young children and fetuses.

Below are the three radioactive substances health experts are most concerned about, the detected levels in Japan, and what they mean for human health:

IODINE-131

Leafy green vegetables in Japan were found this week to contain up to 22,000 becquerels of iodine-131 for every kilogram.

Such a level exceeds the limit set by the European Union by 11 times. Becquerel is a measure of radioactivity.

Eating a kilogram (slightly more than two pounds) of such vegetables would give half the amount of radiation typically received by the average person from the natural environment in a year.

Eating this amount every day for 45 days will accumulate 50 millisieverts, the annual radiation limit set for a nuclear plant worker. Millisievert quantifies the amount of radiation absorbed by human tissues.

Exposure to 100 millisieverts a year increases the risk of cancer. That is equivalent to about three whole body CT scans.

If inhaled or swallowed, iodine-131 concentrates in the thyroid gland and increases the risk of thyroid cancer. Children, fetuses and young adults are especially vulnerable.

The risk of thyroid cancer can be lowered by taking potassium iodide pills, which helps prevent the uptake of the radioactive iodine.

However, iodine-131 disintegrates relatively quickly and its radioactivity is halved every 8 days. This means it loses all its harmfulness in 80 days.

Cesium-134 and Cesium-137

Vegetables in Japan have also been tainted with up to 14,000 becquerels of cesium for every kilogram.

That exceeds the EU limit by over 11 times.

Eating a kilogram of such tainted vegetables every day for a month would accumulate radiation equivalent to a full body CT scan - or 20 millisieverts.

External exposure to large amounts of radioactive cesium can cause burns, acute radiation sickness and death. It can also increase the risk of cancer. Ingesting or inhaling cesium allows it to be distributed in soft tissues, especially muscle tissue, increasing cancer risk. It can also cause spasms, involuntary muscular contractions and infertility.

Unlike iodine, uptake of radioactive cesium cannot be prevented once the person is exposed.

This substance is of more concern than iodine-131 because it is very hardy and takes far longer to disintegrate.

Cesium-137 has a half life of 30 years, meaning it takes that long to reduce its radioactivity by half. It will take at least 240 years for this contaminant to exhaust all its radioactivity.

Cesium-134 has a half life of 2 years, which means it will take about 20 years for it to become harmless.

Below are the effects of short-term, high-level exposure to radiation, as published by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Unlike cancer, these effects from acute radiation exposure usually appear quickly, causing what is known as radiation sickness, which includes symptoms like nausea, hair loss and skin burns. If the dose is fatal, death usually occurs within two months.

- Exposure to 50-100 millisieverts: changes in blood chemistry.

- 500: nausea, within hours.

- 700: vomiting

- 750: hair loss, within 2-3 weeks

- 900: diarrhea

1,000: hemorrhage

- 4,000: possible death within 2 months, if no treatment

- 10,000: destruction of intestinal lining, internal bleeding and death within 1-2 weeks

-20,000: damage to the central nervous system and loss of consciousness within minutes, and death within hours or days.

Sources: Taiwan Atomic Energy Council, World Nuclear Association, US Environmental Protection Agency, Japan's Ministry of Health, Hong Kong's Center for Food Safety

(Compiled by Tan Ee Lyn, Editing by Daniel Magnowski)

source

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Greetings:

And the beat goes on.

LiveLink

April 6th, 2011

Confidential U.S. document reveals “new threats” at Fukushima:
Risk of explosions inside containment structures…
“Likely no water” in No. 1 reactor core
“Could persist indefinitely”

U.S. Sees Array of New Threats at Japan’s Nuclear Plant

United States government engineers sent to help with the crisis in Japan are warning that the troubled nuclear plant there is facing a wide array of fresh threats that could persist indefinitely, and that in some cases are expected to increase as a result of the very measures being taken to keep the plant stable, according to a confidential assessment [dated March 26] prepared by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

The Times’ article spotlighted several items of extreme importance:
• “Semimolten” fuel rods and salt are “impeding the flow of fresh water meant to cool the nuclear cores” in ALL THREE REACTORS

• The water flow in reactor No. 1 “is severely restricted and likely blocked“

• Similar problems exist in No. 2 and No. 3, although the blockage is probably less severe

• “There is likely no water level” inside the core of reactor No. 1

• There is a possibility of “explosions inside the containment structures”

Read the article here.

We believe you read it first on ATS ... great job, team!

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

edit on 26/4/2011 by thorfourwinds because: extag

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Greetings:

And the beat goes on ...

April 18, 2011

Fukushima Forecast:

Uninterrupted line of radiation stretches across Pacific,
tracking towards West Coast of U.S., Canada

LiveLink

The Norwegian Institute for Air Research (Norwegian: Norsk Institutt for luftforskning) or NILU is one of the leading specialized scientific laboratories in Europe researching issues related to air pollution, climate change and health. NILU has a staff of scientists, engineers and technicians with specialized expertise for working on air pollution problems. The staff do more than two hundred projects annually for research councils, industries, international banks and local, national and international authorities and organizations. Its director since 2009 is Kari Nygaard.
Wiki

April 18, 2011

New Radiation limits raised 500% for Fukushima plant workers

In order to stabilize the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant, the government is planning to raise the radiation exposure limit for the workers from the current 250 milli-sievert/year.

The radiation exposure limit for workers at nuclear power plants is 100 milli-sievert/year, but the limit has been raised to 250 milli-sievert/year to deal with the Fukushima I Nuke Plant accident. According to the government sources, the higher limit is being considered because it is getting increasingly difficult to have enough workers to work on the plant. Also, the radiation inside the Reactor buildings is high, and the annual limit of 250 milli-sieverts may not be high enough
to achieve the goals laid out by the TEPCO road map.

The international standard allows 500 milli-sievert/year in an emergency work, but it hasn't been decided how high the new limit will be. The government will carefully assess the timing of announcement, keeping in consideration the health concerns of the workers and the public opinion.

The work at the (Fukushima I) nuclear power plant requires skills and experience under harsh conditions, and securing workers has been a problem.

Nihon Daily News

April 21, 2011

Radioactive Fukushima Plutonium And Strontium Bombarding US West Coast Since March 18th

EPA RADnet Reports Show Plutonium in US since March 18th

We found a more complete RADnet dataset for various radioactive isotopes we had previously not encountered.

Recently while searching the EPA RADnet database for radiation reports, we found a link to the main database.  It included the RADNet monitoring data for many isotopes not released in the public reports.

Notice that:
• RADnet began monitoring for Plutonium from Day 1 - March 11, 2011

Plutonium was found from Alaska to San Francisco California. and down into Guam from
March 18, 2011

Strontium was detected in the United States on March 18, 2011

• Isotopes found not released in public reports Plutonium, Strontium and Cesium

• What do the negative values mean in the results column? source

April 25, 2011

New EPA radiation tests show Cesium in California rainwater at highest level since crisis began

Precipitation RadNet Laboratory Analysis, EPA, April 25, 2011:

Richmond, California (San Francisco Bay Area), posted on April 25, collected April 14:

Cesium-134 @ 8.9 picoCuries/liter
Cesium-137 @ 7.9 pCi/l

In the EPA’s previous four tests of California precipitation, there was no Cesium-134 or 137 detected.

Areas in US with highest Cesium levels detected by EPA:

All EPA precipitation data posted April 25, 2011.

April 25, 2011

New type of Fukushima forecast shows radioactive Cesium, Iodine over large sections of U.S. and Canada

LiveLink

LiveLink

And there persists the rumor that all is well in the heartland ... move along, there is nothing to see here ...

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Greetings:

And the beat goes on ...

This just in by Japanese blogger, onihutari.

Weird how he is more informed than most of the folks in the U.S. - and appears to be more concerned. This is well worth the read, even though some parts seem disjointed due to the Google translation.

April 5, 2011

I was always wondering not only published measurements of cesium 137 and iodine-131. Why radioactive material is not these two, in many others there?

Environmental Protection Agency, United States (EPA) has published a number of radioactive material in air (in Japan, the amount of radioactive material per cubic meter of air is not even measured) and, in the U.S. iodine-131 - in addition to cesium-137 , cesium 134, cesium 136, iodine-132, tellurium-129, I found that tellurium has been found 132 (uranium-plutonium strontium also were examined and then a detailed database was found .)

The detection results are presented in the atmosphere of radioactive materials at the point as of April 24, 229, 132 of which tellurium has been detected in 46 locations.

The discovery of the 132 had the most amount of tellurium, and 3 Dutch Harbor, Alaska on May 19 was found in 0.015Bq/m3. By the way, 132 Te half-life of 3.26 days.

Cesium 134 is the same as they were detected from 44 sites, in which the largest numbers of Anaheim, California on March 25 was detected in 0.0096Bq/m3. Half-life of cesium 134 in two years.

Cesium 136 has not been detected in five locations, the maximum number of 3 Nome, Alaska on January 24 was detected in 0.00045Bq/m3. 13 days half-life of cesium-136.

Iodine 132 has not been detected in 32 points, the maximum number of 3 Dutch Harbor, Alaska on May 19 was detected in 0.001Bq/m3. Half-life of iodine-132 is 2.3 hours.

129 for tellurium, Alaska on March 24 0.0045Bq/m3 only once in Nome was detected. 129 Te half-life of 1.16 hours.

For five of these radioactive materials have been detected in the United States, Japan has not been detected or can not be measured, why it is I do not have.

The amount is trace detection in the United States, is the ratio problem. We examined the quantitative ratio of cesium-137 and has been as follows.

Cesium 134: 103% of the amount of cesium-137 found
Cesium 136: 2% of the amount of cesium-137 found
Iodine 132: 84% of the amount of cesium-137 found
129 Te: 13% of the amount of cesium-137 found
Te 129M: 13% of the amount of cesium-137 found
132 Te: 140% of the amount of cesium-137 found

A particular note of the length of half-life of Cesium 134 (half-life of two years) is. In Japan, public information is not whether or not the measured emission of cesium 134. Detection rate can only be applied in the United States therefor. Cesium 134 in the United States because it is roughly the same amount of cesium-137 detected is likely to be flying about the same amount of cesium 134 cesium 137 in Japan. Therefore, total amount of radioactive cesium, at least twice the amount of cesium-137 have been published and should not have to see. Tokyo, for example megabecquerel 7000 cumulative since May 19, 3 / km2 to drop the cesium-137 (as of April 25), but all radioactive cesium is megabecquerel 14000 / km2 or can be estimated and fell.

Only the Japanese government announced that the cesium 137 and iodine-131 has a considerable problem. Information beyond what is hidden, all the cogency of argument or something your safe level is zero.

In addition to the U.S. EPA 140 barium above material, cobalt 60, but also research into the extent of iodine 133, is not detected so far (U.S. is "undetected" double-digit value is so small that, in Japan "Not Found" in the United States and leaves at the level of detection data.) TEPCO government performance, not apologize for something, I think the amount of data to be published in all honesty radioactive material first.

PS: the U.S. was discovered in uranium plutonium strontium. More to less.
source

April 27, 2011
California Plutonium 43 Times, Hawaii 11 Times Highest Levels In 20 Years In Wake Of Fukushima Nuclear Disaster

An absolutely viral post is circulating Japanese websites right now expanding on my post about plutonium and strontium being detected in the US from the Fukushima nuclear reactor.

The author says new EPA radiation data shows the levels of plutonium detected in California are 43 times higher in California and 11 Times higher in Hawaii that the highest levels detected in over 20 years.

The author additionally expands upon the data first discovered by Lucas Hixton Whitefield and found US EPA radiation data showing plutonium and Uranium in Guam, Tokyo and Ibaraki Japan while the Japanese Government continues to deny such radioactive contamination to protect TEPCO.

Here is the Google translated version of the original article with the Japanese text removed and the tables replaced with screen shots.

April 27, 2011

Plutonium, uranium is found in the United States:
The maximum value in the past 20 years! 43 times 11 times in California and plutonium-239 in Hawaii

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the database we examined in detail, the measurements were made in the U.S. West Coast and Hawaii, Guam, from late March to early April, found abnormal levels of strontium-uranium-plutonium It has been found. That backed into the air to scatter the most toxic strontium uranium and plutonium from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant it (that would also be released into the sea of course.) TEPCO press the Japanese government patronage of scholars is the fact that the silence (U.S. government access to a lot of pages for the public to not only information on a small portion of radioactive material), already abroad among experts and the internet is becoming a fact that can not hide.

This was calculated on this blog is the concentration of radioactive material in air filters in the systems found in California, Hawaii, Guam (including Saipan plutonium in Alaska, Washington, also found that it said But here is optional.)

If you wish to check the database is a separate yourself here please. You can download historical data for each state for each nuclide.

No. unit conversion formula and table

1pCi = 1,000,000aCi 1pCi = 1,000,000 aCi

1pCi = 0.037Bq 1pCi = 0.037Bq

1km3 = 1,000,000,000 m3 1km3 = 1,000,000,000 m3

1Bq/km3 = Becquerels per cubic km of 1Bq/km3 = 1 (representing the concentration of radioactive material in air)

Pu = plutonium
U = Uranium
Sr = strontium
CA = California
HI = Hawaii
GU = Guam
detailed data for each radionuclide is here

Based First since March 11, it is understood that rises dramatically with the concentration of uranium-plutonium, strontium. Plutonium-239 half-life of 2.4 million years give an intense rays, 11 times in California, has become a factor of 43 in Hawaii. The half-life of uranium-238, 44.7 billion years give a strong alpha (substance contained depleted uranium munitions), then eight times in California, has become a factor of 52 in Hawaii.

Were first detected in California on or after March 11 issue of strontium 90 beta radiation half-life of 29 years strong. Guam has not been detected much earlier 3.11 (measured or not), respectively. Historical data to February 2011 from 2000 still remain, so the average only found the remains as a data purposes only, if compared with the average real reflecting all the measurements that the undetected ratio becomes more serious.

Evidence that strontium uranium plutonium released from Fukushima nuclear power plant which is twofold.

First, since the early 1990s, resulting in comparable data, such a large increase in the concentration at one time there were not even have suddenly become the highest concentration in the past 20 years.

Second, when compared to the 3-11-11 level was detected in the atmosphere since, had become highly concentrated in Japan and the closer the distance as follows.

For example, plutonium-239, 8700km west of Japan, the concentration of one Tosureba away in California, southwestern Japan, range from 1.97 times in Hawaii 6200km, 2500km south of Guam is 2.34 times.

This phenomenon may account for the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster and Ataranai other.

CONCLUSION: The uranium and plutonium can be radioactive strontium most heinous, are dispersed in the atmosphere from nuclear Fukushima.

Uranium and plutonium are flying in Japan.

Plutonium, uranium concentration in the atmosphere in Japan is how I would. More hide vital information that these anti-nuclear public opinion to suppress media scholars have government patronage TEPCO unfortunately only on their own to infer from existing data. Because of the limited information, Please understand that following a very rough calculation.

This article is written in detail, according to a forecast released by the Meteorological Agency airborne radioactive material, around March 31, 2011, predicted dispersal area near Japan at the lowest concentration level of 1 trillion over 100 primary Hukushima had become.

In Guam, but perhaps suspect that flying at lower concentrations than that intentionally “conservative” calculation method (a conservative value when the inversion of the concentration of Japanese if you set a higher dilution Hukuzima vs Guam means that out), and you think it applies to Guam, the concentration of one in 100 trillion, the release of data in Ibaraki 3 26 1 10 billion nuclear power plant near Tokyo is one.

Because the concentration of one trillion, ten thousand times in Guam, respectively, derive the expected rough you a hundred times (Sun Measuring in Guam on April 1 and March 31, the data dilution is intended iodine-131).

To know the exact value, flying over uranium and plutonium and strontium in the U.S., Japan in the air that fly at higher concentrations than at least it would be authentic. The government acknowledged that the level of 7 from the amount of cesium 131 and iodine 137 was released, I found it alongside Chernobyl radioactive material from the type and quality.

Plutonium and uranium are far more impact on the human body is large iodine and cesium, these rays emitted by the radiation dose monitoring can not be measured for fly only short distances. Will be at risk once the fatal body into realizing that a lot of rain around us.

Cancer make one out of every 1000 children in the ministry decided to interim standard is not put so much exposure that allow the calculation of this body exposure to minute no costs. Impact on the human body 20 years after 10 years here .
source

April27, 2011

Female Worker At Japan Nuclear Plant Suffers Over-Limit Radiation Dose

TOKYO -(Dow Jones)- Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday that one of its female employees at the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant was exposed to radiation exceeding three times the legal limit of 5 millisieverts in a three-month period, Kyodo News reported.

The woman, who is in her 50s, has no health problems, but the government's nuclear safety agency said that two more female workers may also have been exposed to radiation in excess of the limit. The agency called on the utility to investigate the reason and take measures to prevent a recurrence.

Hidehiko Nishiyama, a spokesman for the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, told a press conference the situation was "extremely deplorable," but added that all female employees had left the radiation-leaking plant on March 23.

According to the plant operator and the agency, a total of 19 female Tokyo Electric employees were working at the six-reactor complex following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami hit the plant, and one of them was exposed to a total of 17.55 millisieverts of radiation.

The woman was found to have suffered more internal than external radiation exposure, with the internal exposure reaching 13.6 millisieverts.

Another agency official said that TEPCO needs to explain why the worker suffered so much internal exposure.

TEPCO and the agency said that the woman had been refueling fire trucks and working inside a building on site. She had been wearing a mask, but may have inhaled radioactive material when putting it on or taking it off.

A TEPCO official acknowledged during a press conference that its radiation-dose management should have been more stringent.

These stupid, incompetent, detestable a**holes at TEPCO really should be remembered (we better start keeping a list of those who may be/are responsible) for potential prosecution (and persecution). Where does the buck stop here? (See below.)

Under Japanese law, radiation workers are not permitted to be exposed to more than 100 millisieverts over five years, or more than 50 millisieverts in one year.

For female workers, the limit is 5 millisieverts in a three-month period, considering they may become pregnant. For the general public, the limit is 1 millisievert per year, excluding exposure from medical procedures.
source

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join