It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another new lady..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I've been reading this board for a long time, but had to set up a different email account than Blahoo! in order to join. My name is Megan. I'm a 27 y/o female who is a Washington, DC transplant. I moved to Fargo following the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon (I was a witness of the immediate aftermath), and then the sniper attacks around the Beltway. At the time I was an independent contractor and consultant for both the government and the civilian sector. I cleaned out my savings and moved here, with the mindset that this is probably the last place on the continent to live in fear.

Not a day goes by that I'm not affected by what I saw; it was not from the safety of my living room. I became obsessed with the media coverage of the event, but I began to notice the blatant propaganda coming from the networks. This is when I researched alternative news sources, and fell upon this site. Thank God for the internet.

I am now "retired" and work part-time twenty feet underground as a laundress for a conference center. I wanted a job with as little responsibility as possible, so that I could heal. I'm capable of doing more with myself, but for now I'll stick to what I got.

My hobbies are pretty bland, aside from ATS. I rescue farm cats, feed the local wildlife in my backyard, and I garden.

So, that's me. I will be posting some pretty interesting stuff soon. I just wanted to say hi. Thank you!

Megan M. B.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by dotgov101]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
hey dotgov101

well am glad you feel a lot safer now, sounds like it been a tough ride for the last few years.

welcome to ats however and i am sure you wil enjoy it here

happy posting and feel free to u2u me if you need any help

cya around the boards

rynaldo

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
A hearty welcome to a fellow refugee! Any friend of cats is a friend of mine.

That you have figured out a few things about the mass media does you credit.

Of course, there is oh so much more for us all to learn, but at least knowing enough to look is a big advantage.

So you around the boards!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Sadly that leaves a lot of them out but hey, I blame it on the upbringing!

Just wanted to say welcome, and i hope you intellectual appetite is sated here. I know i have enough to read and rant here hope you do too.

[)

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS,

Nice to meet you and happy to have you here.
Thank you for telling us a little about your self, I have a few rescue cats myself and also a blind kitten, lol heres a pic

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Well feel free to u2u me if you need any help around here,
Always happy to help.

Asala

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Users' pets make a wonderful forum! I am sure that your blind kittie is just as self-sufficient as those that can see.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS dotgov101, glad to have you aboard!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hy dotgov101
welcome to ATS, it's better than Wallmart they have everything here
did you know Cats are aliens?

I have proof

Clyde Big Paws has spent untold hours (actually he spent a few minutes on the problem and then decided to chase a dust-bunny) studying the phenomenon of Space Aliens.
The careful observer will note that this is the image of a domestic cat (with very big ears).
Using powerful digital imaging techniques (select and cut), Clyde removes the whiskers and ears from the cat.
Using highly advanced computer morphing techniques (stretch and smudge), Clyde de-evolves the cat's head to the shape it was eons ago.
Finally, Clyde removes the cat fur (Space Aliens don't need it because their UFOs are heated) and reveals the grey flesh beneath.
enjoy ATS
more about Clyde? Important Information from Clyde Science: Research Division www.clydesight.com...

P.S. I'm joking

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thank you all for the speedy welcome wagon. This place is kicking like judo.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Welcome to the asylum! Be sure to pick up your complementary tin-foil hat at the door.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Greetings Megan and welcome to ATS.

A welcome to a cat lover wouldn't be complete without ...

The Laughing Kitten

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Welcome Dot!

Good to have you aboard. Help is alway a u2u away (as many posters stated).

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Fargo, land of "ja" and "you know", a frequent crossroad in the prolific travels of this run down simian. Welcome aboard, ATS needs caretakers of all life forms (I don't know what evil I perpetrated to deserve humans).

out

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hello dotgov101,
Welcome to ats im sure your going to like it here more now you sigend up
have fun cya around the site
se7n

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Greetings Megan and welcome to ATS.

A welcome to a cat lover wouldn't be complete without ...

The Laughing Kitten

more proof cats are aliens
edited cause I didn't use spell check

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Welcome aboard .gov, [a.k.a.-meagan]

Congratulations on your brave jump through time and space
D.C. to Fargo
Talk about culture shock

Have you spent a winter there yet? I used to be a neighbor, a little to the west, place called Cut Bank, Montana. Big sky out that way!
A very good little spot here in cyber space, glad you found it. I always have fun when I come here I am sure you will also, seeing how spunky your are
I look forward too seeing what your thoughts are

And of course you no where to find me if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Eric

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
welcome aboard!

drop a u2u if you have any questions.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A Big Hello and Welcome from Fly over country.

john

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
We always need nice ladies, so welcome to the ATS, and enjoy your stay!

top topics

join