It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal's "2012" has begun: KK Downing leaves Judas Priest; Jeff Loomis leaves Nevermore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well it started with Dio a while back... looks like it's beginning to pick up speed. At first I thought Dio's death was just a tragedy, but it seems to be getting worse
:

For the people in the hard rock/early metal scene
Source: www.ultimate-guitar.com...

After more than 4 decades of rocking, Judas Priest guitarist K.K. Downing has announced his retirement from the band in advance of their upcoming "Epitaph" world tour.

The band posted an official statement on their website on Wednesday, marking the end of Downing's time with Judas Priest. He was a founding member of the Birmingham, UK-based band that started way back in 1969.

The statement partially reads: "It is with regret that Judas Priest announce that K.K. Downing has formally retired from the band and will therefore not be joining them on their forthcoming tour. The band respect his decision and naturally wish him well."

The band has decided to continue on with their touring plans, adding 31-year-old guitarist Richie Faulkner to their lineup in place of Downing. The band's statement says that Faulkner "has blended into the band perfectly and is a great talent who is going to set the stage on fire". The relatively young guitar player has previously played with several acts including Dirty Deeds, Voodoo Six and Lauren Harris, but has not achieved mainstream recognition until now.

Judas Priest's "Epitaph" tour will bring the band to venues across Europe this summer before coming to South America and Mexico in the fall. So far there have been no U.S. dates announced, but America's metal faithful remain hopeful that Priest will grace the States with their presence.

Following some links you will find more about KK Downing saying his health is fine and it was internal band struggles.

For those of you entrenched in the metal scene
Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure
Source: www.msanthrope.com... [Redirect from Loomis' personal facebook page]

Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure

Nevermore guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released a joint statement:

“In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time.”

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band’s first album, 1995’s self titled, Nevermore.

NEVERMORE recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Stay tuned for more information regarding NEVERMORE.

Judas Priest was one of the first bands I got into. Nevermore was the third, but Nevermore had a very strong influence on 'waking' me up shall we say. The first news clip sucked, but the second one punched me in the stomach.
Don't know how many people are into JP or Nevermore here, I assume some people will know Judas Priest though.
edit on 4/21/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Try a good loud charge of CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, I'm sure it'll help you through all this

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I love Judas Priest, I grew up jamming to their music, my favorite song by them is The Sentinel , the third song I ever learned on the guitar was Breaking the law. I seriously don't think KK Downing is leaving permanently, just taking a break, hell he's been rocking for over 30yrs , he's played many of concerts in his day. he's pretty old too , hell, he was in his late 30's when I was a teen , and I'm 44 now. He will get bored in a couple of years and start back jamming, It's in his blood

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Dio died ? Am I out of touch ? Any details, when ? how ?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Died last year of stomach cancer

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Died last year of stomach cancer

Ok thanks , he played on the otherside of the fence from me, but I truely admired the man's interlect.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
shiity i was looking forward to seeing them on that tour. never got to see them ever and i regret it. though i wish time travel was possible so i could go back to the 70's to see them in some dirt club in england

top topics

join