It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in Conspiracies Linked to Machiavellian Mindset

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
the thing about psychologists and psychiatrists are that their minds are so empty and void of independent thought that if they haven't read it or studied it from someone else in a text book, they won't believe its real or fact.

they are the dumbest people on earth because everything that comes out of their mouths is a regurgitated idea that they have read.

you want to stump a psychiatrist, ask him if he likes waffles. he'll stumble, hesitate and squirm and when they realize that they don't have the intelligence to answer that simple question, they'll use their favorite phrase: we're not here to talk about me, we're here to talk about you.

or he'll flip it and say, do you like waffles.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Conspiracies are just like religion.
They usually blind people from seeing the truth.
In religion people assert whats in their holy book as fact.

In conspiracies they become half ass skeptics.

they're to lazy to search for absolute truth.

You should search for a dictionary. You don't seem to understand the difference between conspiracy and conspiracy theory. In fact maybe you do, and you're just having a hard time stringing together a readable sentence.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Rather Alarming to discover that the inquisition is somewhat shifty on creating a solid label.

Especially when they are so good at labels.

Their latest title is quite appropriate for some of us here. Myself included possibly.

Regardless, their current label is a far cry from "Tin Hat" Loonies so easily typed yesterday.

The reason for this: They have finally accepted that they are part of the fold as well.

So now we are "The Prince." How comfortable intellectual royalty can be ....

The fact is, with all our questioning, WE are the Intellectual Elite.

THEY are the Mentally Challenged. We are the "Can't Beat Em, Join Em Party."

They are just scavenging" Want to Be's."

The Phoenix Rises from the Ashes.

WE WILL RIDE ON THE WINGS OF THAT PHOENIX.

The Sooner we willfully choose this responsibility, and the sooner they Acknowledge, the better for all.

Just a reminder,,,,,they are Draconian,Archaic,and Outnumbered. Don't lose sight of it.

Excellent Post...S&F

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

random

the thing about psychologists and psychiatrists are that their minds are so empty and void of independent thought that if they haven't read it or studied it from someone else in a text book, they won't believe its real or fact.

they are the dumbest people on earth because everything that comes out of their mouths is a regurgitated idea that they have read.

you want to stump a psychiatrist, ask him if he likes waffles. he'll stumble, hesitate and squirm and when they realize that they don't have the intelligence to answer that simple question, they'll use their favorite phrase: we're not here to talk about me, we're here to talk about you.

So say those who have fallen prey to the propaganda experts who have been learning to control the masses for over a century based on what they have learned from psychologists and psychiatrists since Freud.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
HERE YE... HERE YE...

No need to worry, ATS is full of crap these days... just like that article.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
(Macchiavelli probably made his book by copy/pasting from some chinese/eastern philosophies few thousand years older, giving back to caesar what caesar's)

anyhow it's interesting ptb is accusing the people that want an end to their system to be what they are

must be working on the sheeple, so logically, next, we will be described as evil psychopaths in quest of absolute & ultimate power;

and next... they put us in camps to protect society from our evil beings ?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just thinking about this.....
To develop such a belief does it not require that you start with researchers who do not accept any conspiracy theories?
Oswald shot Kennedy
Arabs masterminded 911
We landed on the moon
And Obama has a long form birth certificate that he is withholding on principle
Does it not require that these researchers must accept the official government story on every single event?
Otherwise they would have to concede that the reason people believe conspiracies are true might be because they see some type of evidence leading them to that belief.
But they did not list this as an alternate motivation for theorist.
But if you start with researchers who are biased to one particular world view (governments don't lie to people) then how objective can the results be expected to be?
Totally lacking in objectivity this, even from a scientific research point of view, is a major FAIL

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so what about people who believe in religions. HA this site is getting so ridiculously stupid everyday it makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm going to be honest and admit that I didn't read the article. The title truly does enough for me to realize it's just another junk science report.

What I would say is that conspiracy theorists empathize with the Machiavellian mindset. We, at the very least, can imagine ourselves or our fellow man as having the propensity for moral and ethical corruption once put into high positions of influence.

I think some of the more astute conspiracy theorists have a higher degree of insight into the human condition is all.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sad to say, the article might be right.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
WOW, looking for the truth makes me a conspirator...? Interesting load of bull if you ask me

I agree. But that load of bull, could be transformed in some kind of Law.. to protect...'the idea'

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

SO TRUE

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

They can say what they want...it's pure generalization...every single conspiracy theorist I know is a lot smarter than most of my other friends, and that says enough for me to know people who believe in conspiracy theories are the people who actually took the time to study these topics instead of avoid them.

edit on 22-4-2011 by 211220121111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostMyPassword

Originally posted by DuceizBack
Conspiracies are just like religion.
They usually blind people from seeing the truth.
In religion people assert whats in their holy book as fact.

In conspiracies they become half ass skeptics.

they're to lazy to search for absolute truth.

You should search for a dictionary. You don't seem to understand the difference between conspiracy and conspiracy theory. In fact maybe you do, and you're just having a hard time stringing together a readable sentence.

I don't like doing this but you can't project your emotions on DuceizBack. PM the man with advice of a dictionary or something. Maybe the man/woman speaks and wrights a different native language? Or am I wrong in feeling this way about your comment? Maybe you 2 got a history

Conspiracies are just like religions.(I get it.)
They usually blind people from seeing the truth.(I get it)
In religion people assert what's in their holy book as fact.(I get it)

In conspiracies they become half ass sceptics.(I get it)

they're to lazy to search for absolute truth(unclear who's they?
) Sheep??

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

Rather Alarming to discover that the inquisition is somewhat shifty on creating a solid label.

Especially when they are so good at labels.

Their latest title is quite appropriate for some of us here. Myself included possibly.

Regardless, their current label is a far cry from "Tin Hat" Loonies so easily typed yesterday.

The reason for this: They have finally accepted that they are part of the fold as well.

So now we are "The Prince." How comfortable intellectual royalty can be ....

The fact is, with all our questioning, WE are the Intellectual Elite.

THEY are the Mentally Challenged. We are the "Can't Beat Em, Join Em Party."

They are just scavenging" Want to Be's."

The Phoenix Rises from the Ashes.

WE WILL RIDE ON THE WINGS OF THAT PHOENIX.

The Sooner we willfully choose this responsibility, and the sooner they Acknowledge, the better for all.

Just a reminder,,,,,they are Draconian,Archaic,and Outnumbered. Don't lose sight of it.

Excellent Post...S&F

thnx That's how I see it too. We are with to many and are too strong. (The only thing I feel is pressure of time)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so what about people who believe in religions. HA this site is getting so ridiculously stupid everyday it makes me sick.

This site is an platform for threads to be created like this one. (You getting sick of the fast amount of news that fly's around your ears)
But yes what about people who believe in religions? Denial of holocaust?
Eu push law for Denial Holocaust So it is already active on the religion part
edit on 22-4-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 211220121111

They can say what they want...it's pure generalization...every single conspiracy theorist I know is a lot smarter than most of my other friends, and that says enough for me to know people who believe in conspiracy theories are the people who actually took the time to study these topics instead of avoid them.

edit on 22-4-2011 by 211220121111 because: (no reason given)

yeeeaaaahhh!1 TPTB are getting scared

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Think about future implications these studies can cause?

We found weapons of Mass destruction. (Study) (Next) Invasion of Irak (Still all ongoing expanding)

We found a condition 'Machiavellian Mindset '(Study) (Next) >>>>>>>>>>>??? Does not have good out look my feelings say

Just think about it. Lets try to find the founder of the Study. Who initiated it .? Where came the money from?
Lobbyist from bank/governments?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

This information is twisted.

And bringing Machiavelli into just adds to the confusion because many people have no idea who he was or what he wrote.

You have to be able to confront evil to investigate this stuff. You have to be able to "think like a criminal" if you want to spot them. But you don't have to be one!

This "research" proves nothing and accomplishes nothing positive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join