It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Attacking Playstation Network

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
From the PlayStation blog -

Update On PlayStation Network/Qriocity Services

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th. Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.

blog.us.playstation.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sony are a-holes anyway.
I think it started when sony decided it would no longer allow its PS users to install an alternative OS on their playstations, after they "made it clear" and known that this option would be available.
(it was a "selling point" for many)
But when people who did install an alternate OS , suddenly learned that they could no longer properly use their machines the way they wanted to, or how they were told they could when they bought it...,
(because sony just happened to change their mind), it pissed a lot of people off.
There is probably some backlash from all of that in here somewhere to. lol
edit on 22-4-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
thanks anon you bunch of pukes, i havent been able to play black ops for 3 days. you guys suck. stick with hacking the federal reserve and IRS where it counts. stop messing with game nerds

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
From the PlayStation blog -

Latest Update for PSN/Qriocity Services

+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

blog.us.playstation.com...

Looks like it's pretty serious and could be awhile.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
this aint funny man, gimme back my video games

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
this is stupid they should be finding other hackers to divise a plan to bring the goverment to its nees the same time as waking up the people ther will be no war our troops are in afghanistan and as soon as we are in control the people will bring them home and we will defend our shores with freedom and truth and tell anyone that gets in our way they hav no right to object because the people are the goverment we have a goverment because our monarchy was brutal and greedy ther was no need to hide it back then because it was the will of god NO
we rose up and we took our land and we won our freddom i.e the magna carter
the americans did the same everyone that fought ,fought for peace and wanted it to end as soon as possible and return to ther family beliveing they are dieing for a better tomorrow but they are not remembered they are portrayed how the goverment of this day and age can manipulate people of the next generation to believe in anything idolize/worship R.F.I.D chips they use them on sheep just in case they get away ...

basicly u hav to hav a plan for after u gain control and a plan for the future for the next generation and so on do that and you hav allready won.
edit on 24-4-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"Anonymous is on your side, standing up for your rights," the group added. "We are not aiming to attack customers of Sony. This attack is aimed solely at Sony, and we will try our best to not affect the gamers, as this would defeat the purpose of our actions. If we did inconvenience users, please know that this was not our goal." Then there is Anonymous saying For Once We Didn't Do It, but then later you read this, "But within days, Anonymous reversed the hack due to complaints from gamers that the takedown was doing more harm than good, and hacked into the Sony Careers page instead. Anonymous also organized an in-store boycott." They try to say that Sony is using them as a scapegoat, yet they say they didn't do it, but then say they did it and pulled back because of complaints, yet it's been down for several more days.

I used to like Anonymous, people who attacked them usually didn't make a good argument, but this is a very easy argument to make. Why do these people think they can jailbreak things? What if they spent years working on some project, finally released it, and it was discovered how to mod it out and get free everything, would they support themselves not making the money they deserve? So do these people support the Chinese bootlegging everything from America? I think this will lose Anon quite a few supporters, they say the attack is aimed solely at Sony and they'll try not to affect the gamer, yet the only people they affected were the gamers and those who have to put in all the extra security and such. The only thing they've done to Sony is fill up their customer support lines, I hope they throw the book at those two who jailbroke the ps3 now.
edit on 24-4-2011 by SincerelySarcastic because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2011 by SincerelySarcastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
thanks anon you bunch of pukes, i havent been able to play black ops for 3 days. you guys suck. stick with hacking the federal reserve and IRS where it counts. stop messing with game nerds

Read the thread. Read the thread. Read the thread. READ the thread. Read the thread. Read it. Do it. Read the thread. Please, please, please before you post....read the thread.

Then apologize for being a fool.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Well he's anonymous, but is he Anonymous?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I hope the PSN is working again soon. Not because I have a PS3, but because I'm sick of hearing PS3 gamers rage against Anonymous, talking like the hacking was a unanimous decision, completely oblivious that the hackers were probably just a small group of individuals, and that anyone who wants to can operate under the collective banner of Anonymous, hackers or not

The majority Anonymous has my full support. I don't know enough to say whether or not I support what these particular hackers were trying to accomplish, but I've heard that Sony have been real jerks to its customers in not allowing secondary operating systems and all, so maybe.
edit on 26/4/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
anon have not hacked psn. they have not claimed responsibility. there is another group who have claimed they did it. i cant confirm if this is the case though.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It clearly wasn't Anon. Anon don't have the resources to take down the PSN which is made up of multiple server nodes. There is no way you could get the forces of Anon to ION cannon all the seperate nodes to take down the PSN, considering most members of Anon are

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EDL2011

this is stupid they should be finding other hackers to divise a plan to bring the goverment to its nees

Maybe ANON is just practicing up for the big hit, ever think of that? Going after a government would be a major undertaking, requiring a great many operators on station at the same time, with the same intent. Cracking a government firewall is no easy task, I'm told.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
anon have not hacked psn. they have not claimed responsibility. there is another group who have claimed they did it. i cant confirm if this is the case though.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that until now. Do you have a link to a good source that talks about this?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HardbeatAcolyte

Originally posted by purplemer

Interesting, I hadn't heard that until now. Do you have a link to a good source that talks about this?

this thread covers most of it......

Operation Sony...#OpSony
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How far is too far? Anon has been attacking and hacking corporation software and homepages for years now... we only get fussy when it affects our video-games? Regardless of their good intentions, they're hurting the gaming community. I'm glad they decided to end 'the siege'.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's been almost a week now since the PSN has been shut down it's starting to get ridiculous, i mean come on a company as big as Sony can't have the server up by now i can see four or five days but were past that i mean if it really takes that long so be it, but hurry up and turn the PSN back on and let me beat up on some Madden players online i already might not have a NFL season to watch and now no Madden either *sigh*....

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe most of the responses here...

All I see is "I don't give a damn about the world as long as I get to play my f****** games!!!"

Sony has clearly violated the consumer protection laws by FTC, under the categories of Deception Practices and Unfair Practices (1) whether the practice injures consumers; (2) whether the practice violates established public policy; and (3) whether it is unethical or unscrupulous.
I'm no lawyer but they clearly violated those when they removed OtherOS, and now they are being sued for it.

"I don't give a damn about Sony as long as I get to play my damn games!!!"

lol at all this "gamers"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Well he's anonymous, but is he Anonymous?

WOW another one of this vids? Did you even bothered watching that video????

The video is about Mastercard/Visa/Paypal and not about the SONY attacks... dude really? I'm getting sick of explaining this to the ill-informed...

Here is the video that is two months old

And a month later HBGary got pwned...

BTW the guy on the interview Topiary, I don't know where he went I've never seen him on the IRC this last month...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

Dude i don't care i just wanna play Madden online and i can't now, just kidding i mean you bring up a good point it's rather obnoxious for Sony to say we can't do this or that with a system we bought with our own money but hackers that go online into online games and use hacking devices to cheat is B.S it ruins the game, but i agree with your stance on Sony, there back peddling on certin issues is indeed wrong...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join