It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First tropical weather bulletin of the 2011 hurricane season is issued - a bit early?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's only April. A lot of areas are still getting snow. And now a potential formation of a tropical weather system? Why am I not surprised?

It's an unusually early forecast of the potential formation of a tropical weather system about 460 miles northeast of Puerto Rico.

According to a "special tropical weather outlook" issued Wednesday afternoon, the low pressure system has developed shower and thunderstorm activity near its center and satellite data and ship reports indicate gale-force winds north of the center.

Slow development of the system is possible during the next few days as it moves west northwest at about 10 mph. Forecasters say there is a low chance, about 20 percent, of the system developing into a subtropical or tropical cyclone before conditions become less favorable in about 48 hours. It is unusual to have a subtropical or tropical cyclone form this early in the year. The Atlantic hurricane season begins on June 1.

I keep seeing the words, "unusual" and "unprecedented" a lot more in the news when it comes to natural disasters. Yes, if you take only one of these things, you could say, "Stuff like that has happened before," but when so many of these anomalies are clustering together all at once, it's evidence of some serious changes. These changes are coming faster and faster.
Source

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
it does seem a lttle early but i know that i have heard of hurricanes in april before...

Although the hurricane season is defined as beginning on June 1 and ending on November 30, there have been several off-season storms.[17] Since 1870, there have been 32 off-season cyclones, 18 of which occurred in May. In the same time span, nine storms formed in December, two in April and one each in January, February and March.[19] Four seasons, 1887,[26] 1953,[27] 2003[28] and 2007 have had storms form both before and after the official hurricane season.[29] In 1887, there were four storms that occurred outside the season, the most in a single year.[26] High vertical wind shear and low sea surface temperatures generally preclude formation.[6]

I believe these changes to be a natural accurances and not aided by HAARP or anything ese other than the natural cycle of things...even the seasons have been moves back it seems...its seems that in recent years tht spring doesnt start til june and winter til january and lasts til may...just seems like everything is out of balance in a way...
edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

It's a little too early to start with the hurricanes but warning friends and family on the coast about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Indeed.
Isn't it a momentous time to be alive!?

No need for fear, you're directly involved in a major part of history to come, my friend
Embrace the significance, I say! (or cower, but embracing's far better for the sanity levels)

You're still allowed to get frustrated and annoyed at all those still in denial, of course, not that it'll do any good.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Was expecting this after all the tornado commotion. Also expecting a brutal onslaught of hurricanes this year...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I think that the science is there for man to interfere. But, I lean more toward HAARP being a false flag. If people associate Earth Changes with HAARP theories, then they have an excuse to ignore it. The truth is more frightening. We have no control over the situation. Post Glacial Rebound makes sense to me. There's this crazy guy on Youtube who seems to know everything about it. Video

I don't subscribe to any one theory though. Just the parts that make sense. There's so much stuff going on here. No one person could have it all right. There are several quality pieces on climate change at this NBC site here. Lots of good information.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Funny this thred should be posted as I have been thinking the same thing all day, and even commented to my friend.

I am in the UK and presently it is unseasonably warm for this time of year, the average temp for April is 13 Degrees Celcius.

Today it was 23 degrees Celcius where I live, and is set to remain this way for the next few days - into next week.

I don't think I have ever known an April like it, so no surprise for me to learn hurricane season has opened for business early.

I have had a theory for awhile now that what happend over in the Southern hemisphere last year, the big quakes, storm, flooding, will now hit the Nothern hemisphere, all I have kept thinking each time I read the stuff happening in Australia, is that it will be our turn when we come out of winter and into summer, and god knows what's in store, just a feeling I keep getting, so not based on anything factual,

Anyone else thought along these lines ?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Um weird..its not even hurricane season yet!

I hope this year isn't a busy year. I live in Florida and well it would not be good for the economy to have storms like we did in 2004 again. Somehow I think it will be busy however

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I agree, it is exciting. Being a parent though, I get a little worried. But I am in awe of the power we're seeing. I am in awe of the science behind it and how we thought we knew everything, when clearly we didn't. I believe the Earth knows what she's doing. She knows way better than us anyway.

I do wish that people were more aware and prepared.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I told my wife this morning, hurricane season is going to be interesting this year.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

America could face five major hurricanes this year, as experts warned the storm season will once again be 'above-average'. Researchers at Colorado State University predicted there will be 16 named storms between June and November, nine of which will turn into hurricanes. They said five of those are expected to spiral into major hurricanes, defined as category three storms with sustained winds of 111mph or more. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

guess we're getting off to an early start here on april 20th.
i really hope that it's a below average season and people can be spared of having to go through another major storm. between earthquakes, tornadoes, birds falling from the sky, fish floating to the surface, on into hurricane season.

real life and fiction are bleeding together.
at least from from where i'm sitting.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Nothing to be concerned about.

Change is normal and that includes a change in weather patterns.

I have been expecting this hurricane season to be very active in my area of the Atlantic coast.

We've had very little activity the past couple of years.

top topics

join