It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Binary System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This topic has been covered from various aspects, but I wanted to bring together some line item points from various sources to make what may be a unique thread (that is the goal, let's see if I can meet it).

So far the most telling point I have yet seen in regards to our Sun having a binary companion is from Gravity Probe B's dismissal. A paradigm is a set of rules based on predefined notions - it is a pariah to science for it can cause the most spectacular observations to get tossed or absolutely distorted in order to fit these predefined notions rather than allowing the data to remain pure and interpreted for what it actually is. One of the "problems" with GP-B was an "anomaly" which doesn't fit into the predefined notion that we are not in a binary system (even with binary systems now being the norm versus the exception for solar systems). BRI sums it up well for me. "In order to find the relativistic effect, the GP-B team assumed they only had to cancel out two signals or unwanted motions." Those two anticipated gyros were the satellite-earth gyro, and the earth-sun gyro. Granted there are other small cyclical interactions that would be anticipated, including an relatively puny galactic gyro given the distance involved. However, after allowing for these adjustments...

...the remaining signal was far larger than anyone expected. In fact, it is so large it either means there is some unforeseen problem with the gyros or that our sun is part of a binary star system.

Yes, that’s right, if the data is correct our solar system is curving through space (carrying the earth and spacecraft with it of course) so rapidly that the only way to explain it is if our sun is gravitationally bound to another nearby star. When I met with the GP-B team at Stanford last fall they were still in the early process of analysing the data but openly discussed the idea of an unknown companion to our sun, including the possibility of a not too distant blackhole.

To avoid my own paradigm paralysis I would prefer to say "most likely" rather than "only". What this companion could be remains up in the air from what I've read. It is considered to be a blackbody or dim object, though it will require sufficiently magnificent mass in order to dance with our star, the Sun. Humanity is fraught with paradigms, and even without those blinders we still have a lot to discover and understand.

Can WISE Find the Hypothetical 'Tyche'? - Nasa.gov

In November 2010, the scientific journal Icarus published a paper by astrophysicists John Matese and Daniel Whitmire, who proposed the existence of a binary companion to our sun, larger than Jupiter, in the long-hypothesized "Oort cloud" -- a faraway repository of small icy bodies at the edge of our solar system. The researchers use the name "Tyche" for the hypothetical planet.

But don't expect answers from WISE - Nasa has said they're unwilling to recognize confirmation, denial, or ambiguity of Tyche data from WISE until March 2012.

Another piece of evidence that something is awry with our view of the current structure of our solar system is the object known as Sedna. Mike Brown's three favorite theories to explain this object's orbit are: (1) an unknown object orbiting our Sun kicked it out there, (2) interaction with a [passing] star flung it away, and (3) lots of tiny interactions with far away stars flung it out. The only one I give credence to is #2, and his insistence that this star was "a drive by" having long left our system is a sign of a paradigm. You can see how glaringly simple ideas can get overlooked by paradigms in even the most brilliant of people by seeing how they went on to search for more Sedna-like objects. Regardless, they continue to search, and were last reported to be tracking what they erroneously called "snow white" that was discovered in looking for more objects to give some solid explanation of Sedna. No word yet that I’ve found regarding Snow White and Sedna data solidification.

There's something out there -- part 3

One may notice Mike’s been quiet since that last article, but you can see this time of year he usually is quiet on his site. While I don’t yet see Mike Brown postulating a binary star companion as a part of Sedna’s existence, at least one other has.

Evidence mounts for sun's companion star
April 24, 2006

Walter Cruttenden at BRI, Professor Richard Muller at UC Berkeley, Dr. Daniel Whitmire of the University of Louisiana, amongst several others, have long speculated on the possibility that our sun might have an as yet undiscovered companion. Most of the evidence has been statistical rather than physical. The recent discovery of Sedna, a small planet like object first detected by Cal Tech astronomer Dr. Michael Brown, provides what could be indirect physical evidence of a solar companion. Matching the recent findings by Dr. Brown, showing that Sedna moves in a highly unusual elliptical orbit, Cruttenden has determined that Sedna moves in resonance with previously published orbital data for a hypothetical companion star.

Walter Cruttenden agrees that Sedna's highly elliptical orbit is very unusual, but noted that the orbit period of 12,000 years is in neat resonance with the expected orbit periodicity of a companion star as outlined in several prior papers.

Cruttenden is by no means alone in the binary postulation (absent the Sedna factor anyway), however the time frames of this binary cycle vary widely. Who is correct? I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find more than one cycle to be correct but correlate to different cycles of our systems interacting with different aspects of our companion, other system components, and other parts of our galaxy currently left as enigmas.

Sun Has Binary Partner, May Affect The Earth

The ground-breaking and richly illustrated new book, Lost Star of Myth and Time, marries modern astronomical theory with ancient star lore to make a compelling case for the profound influence on our planet of a companion star to the sun.

Author and theorist, Walter Cruttenden, presents the evidence that this binary orbit relationship may be the cause of a vast cycle causing the Dark and Golden Ages common in the lore of ancient cultures.

Researching archaeological and astronomical data at the unique think tank, the Binary Research Institute, Cruttenden concludes that the movement of the solar system plays a more important role in life than people realize, and he challenges some preconceived notions:

The phenomenon known as the precession of the equinox, fabled as a marker of time by ancient peoples, is not due to a local wobbling of the Earth as modern theory portends, but to the solar system's gentle curve through space.

This movement of the solar system occurs because the Sun has a companion star; both stars orbit a common center of gravity, as is typical of most double star systems. The grand cycle -- the time it takes to complete one orbit -- is called a "Great Year," a term coined by Plato.

Here is an unknown that strikes a particular interest with me, and I find it amusing that some think we have to find a new fundamental force to explain it, as if we were arrogant enough to think we have even our own local galactic neighbourhood mapped and understood. When I heard binary companion discussions kick off this was the first thing that came to my mind.

Mysterious force holds back Nasa probe in deep space

I have not yet heard this to have been resolved. While they seem sure to have ruled out “unknown planets in our solar system” I’m not so sure paradigms make that a valid elimination, but ask to avoid other possibilities I dare not.

I’ll stop short of getting into various specific companion types and orbital structures regarding our binary composition as there are plenty of threads in this regard. I have noticed that the use of names seems to get muddied, such as Nibiru, Planet X, Nemesis, Dark Star, etc – these names should be referred to under specific theories rather than a vague references to the unknown, but I wouldn’t complain too much about it unless that were the behaviour of a specific published work.

Also, my apologies if this thread did not turn out unique or otherwise useful enough for a new posting as this matter is quite popular here and an abundance of hits came up for my various searches so I was not 100% thorough in covering all these threads. I went looking for this information posted here as I was missing this precursor to the Nibiru discussions, though a full transition into Nibiru, or any other theoretical companion, this thread does not make. Perhaps you would like to throw in more rungs of the ladder?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Fantastic post, thank you for the insight into additional research I have not seen. My supposition in this regards, mind you purely supposition is that since we have recently discovered that Sagittarius and the Milky Way are/have been crossing through one anothers path...perhaps there is some anomalous gravitational interplay occurring there? Either way your supporting info on a binary system is excellent and well presented, thank you.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The anomalous redshift readings recorded by Dr. William Tift and popularized by David Wilcock show that grafity and the structure of light are not what we think. Perhaps a similar mechanism is at work here?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you very much
Excellent thread !

I've also read a number of science articles as well as study results that another object is out there.
This thread only confirms this to be more plausible.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Very good thread. Thank you for taking the time to put it all together. As someone already mentioned, thank you again for posting information pertaining to this subject that I had not already seen. S & F!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot
My supposition in this regards, mind you purely supposition is that since we have recently discovered that Sagittarius and the Milky Way are/have been crossing through one anothers path...perhaps there is some anomalous gravitational interplay occurring there?

I haven't heard any break down of model changes regarding that interaction but I would definitely agree - there will be some new data to incorporate into our calculations on that interplay.

Originally posted by gg03081966
The anomalous redshift readings recorded by Dr. William Tift and popularized by David Wilcock show that gravity and the structure of light are not what we think. Perhaps a similar mechanism is at work here?

It is amazing when we break our paradigms, and that anomalous behavior is a perfect example. I prefer to think that's not an answer in this direction, but it will surely provide some intriguing complements to better understanding our more distant neighborhoods and their behavior. The more extensive the related data the more that issue will effect the equation (further distances, greater speeds, etc). But again, I'll keep the door open as I'm not quite sure where to put that issue at the moment - I procrastinated reading up on that.

---------------
THE BELOW BELONGS IN THE ORIGINAL POST PRIOR TO THE WISE/TYCHE SECTION
I can't insert it - it's past four hours

---------------

We do have the ability to see if there is a window in which a companion would fit - ok, so paradigms aren't always pariahs. Here's a highly technical piece that puts together both Sedna and "an overpopulated band of outer Oort cloud comets with an anomalous distribution of orbital elements" into feasible parameters, per current understanding, for a binary companion to our sun.

A wide-binary solar companion as a possible origin of Sedna-like objects

Sedna is the first inner Oort cloud object to be discovered. Its dynamical origin remains unclear, and a possible mechanism is considered here. We investigate the parameter space of a hypothetical solar companion...
A solar companion capable of both detaching Sedna and creating the Oort cloud anomaly would likely have been seen in the IRAS survey. Even if the hypothetical object has been recorded in these databases, it is unlikely to have been perceived as a solar companion. The recent discovery of the 2MASS binary 2M1207a,b (Chauvin, et al. (2004)) in which a 5MJ companion is separated by 55 AU from a brown dwarf suggests that wide-binary stellar companions of mass ¼ 5MJ may not be unusual. The same group has found that AB Pictoris has a ¼ 13 ¡ 14MJ companion separated by ¼ 270 AU. A Jupiter mass or larger object on a highly inclined orbit in the inner Oort cloud would most likely have formed as a small, distant binary-star like companion, e.g., by fragmentation during collapse or capture. We conclude that a model of a hypothetical wide-binary solar companion of mass ¼ 3 ¡ 10MJ orbiting at distances of ¼ 10; 000 AU is no less cosmogonically plausible than is the stellar impulse scenario.

Is the above underlined the origin of the theoretical Tyche? I recall other discussions saying Tyche WAS a brown dwarf, but if they touched directly on any information such as this I missed it. Looks like a match to Nasa's Tyche mission to me.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Great thread, it's a relief to see this being discussed without the usual foot stamping and one line dismissals. Not much to add, other than a

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Thank you, and all others for the appreciation! I was concerned my efforts would be nothing new or unique. I'm beyond intrigued by all this Nibiru stuff, but most threads are very noisy if not entirely incoherent in regards to core details. From two sun horizons, to rogue body visitors through our system - often coming back to claiming a binary companion transition following some massive age, I found all that to be amazing. But I kept wondering where was the foundation - what is the modern beginning of so much of this?

I can certainly say that our system being a binary is an incredible plausibility, though beyond that I'm still exploring. I'm not concerned about our system's binary companion(s) causing any doomsday scenario. Even if it caused a massive EMF event and destroyed much of our technology I can't say that's a bad thing these days. But a direct physical threat just doesn't appear to be worrisome given the age of our solar system and what I would consider a lack of any evidence that any such event has left traces of doom on our planet. I mentioned daisy-chaining speculations [& conjectures], which I came across a lot in looking for the data I have posted so far. I do enjoy the imaginativity in such adventures, but it does not satisfy my need for solidarity. I think a lot of other folks take such adventures far more personal and thus invoke some pretty severe emotional, and thus illogical, responses (some knee-jerk irony).

I still advise preparedness - because you never know what life event could come your way. It's a violent world, and an even more violent universe, for the rule seems to be that life and violence are symbiotic. Just don't let it consume you - enjoy life to its fullest regardless. And be careful not to do anything you would regret where your premises wrong.

edit on 21-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Good thread!
S&F! Thanks for taking the time to put all this info together.

top topics

join