It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

657 New Islands discovered worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's an amazing world we live in, I just saw this and wanted to share it.

______beforeitsnews/story/574/590/657_New_Islands_Discovered_Worldwide.html
edit on 20-4-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Thanks for sharing.. personally I don't believe anything from "Before it's news" however, a simple Google search yielded MSNBC among other news sources describing the same thing. The sad thing is that they've been overlooked all this time..

Thanks for posting!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is interesting

The global warmers claim that the sea levels are rising so there should be less islands.

Just another reason to believe global warming is a Hoax being use be the NWO to control the people and money.

edit on 20-4-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's times like this when we realize we know so little about our own planet, funny how we think we know so much about the universe!

Reminds me of the saying, "the more I find out, the more questions I have." Oh and also this one, "A truly wise man knows that he knows nothing."

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If you read the original article found here, you'll learn that these islands aren't actually "New" - just "Newly Discovered":

The newly identified barrier islands didn't miraculously appear in the last decade, said study team member Matthew L. Stutz of Meredith. They've long existed but were overlooked or misclassified in past surveys.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The failures of the Global Warming model shouldn't negate the fact that climate changes are taking place. Global warming is real, it just isn't the only thing going on. Are these changes a perfectly normal function of Earth? I suppose. Well, we at least know that it has occurred periodically throughout Earth's past. But "normal" in some good and welcomed kind of way? Not necessarily. Getting diarrhea is a normal part of life. I'd still rather prevent it.

When the word "change" is used, I assume people mean changes that are within the context of mankind and recorded history as well as their own experiences, going back to their grandparent's time and such. It is the impact on people that is of concern here. The Earth always seems to bounce back, of course. But Earth's organisms? Not as much.

While debates of the causes and frequency of climate changes go on, the changes keep coming. Mainstream science and media outlets acknowledge studies ( example ) that show that the world is going to be a very different place 50 to a 100 years from now. Many say less time than that. But, c'mon, really? If researchers really had all that data, data that industry is sweeping under the rug while the government turns a blind eye, the numbers would probably be more ominous. These companies aren't required to disclose the many ways they use this planet as a toilet.

The theory that best explains most of the anomalies we're seeing, from everything I've read, is glacial isostatic adjustment. If you research it, new islands suddenly turning up will take on new meaning, interesting possibilities at least. I mean, they've had these satellites a long time. It's at least worth pondering.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Again I click on another link expecting to see some cool thread and it's nothing but a link and "check this out."

Care to post from that site so we at least have more of a clue what you are going on about.

I am not trying to be rude but this is getting annoying on here. Also if you post some info from your source with some pics, like making it an actual thread, people will be more willing to discuss and contribute.

top topics

join