It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

profile pic/avatar help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi there,

after being a member since 2006 , i still cant figure out why i cant get my avatar right.
i have tried following all of the instructions but still it ends up looking like it does ..ie blocking all of the writing . i want it to be like everyone else's , where the name is above the pic and the member details are below.
if anyone can help please get in touch .....fed up with trying to get this done every week.

many thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Glad you started this (wish I could help)....I worked on one, and it looked right for about a week, then suddenly one day, it got cut-off at the bottom?

(OR....it occured to me that it might look different, just to me? It is supposed to show the bottom of the "globe", with the sword point. My view is truncated, and looks the same as snoopyuk's, now......).

I figured out the "transparent gif", did all that....and, like I said, it worked; then suddenly reverted.....I made no changes in the account settings to cause it....

EDIT: Changed back, as can see....still puzzled, how it altered without me doing it....

Gremlins? Reptiles?

edit on 20 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
try adding this script into your avatar, it belongs to Skepticoverlord if i remember, i tried searching for a helpful thread on avatars it was started by bigfatfurrytexan it was a new thread to go with the new changes to ATS website.

use this copy and paste open tools and paste it into your avatar.
its a blank gif so you can see the picture behind, its the one im using.

i had to put a space in the http part so you could see it, so when you paste it remember to close up the space.

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e90436e23fc.gif
edit on 20/4/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
lol i just rleized you could have just done a right click on my avatar to see the address and done a coppy and paste from there, or maybee it doesnt work like that..i dont know

i also found this thread, it could even be the one i was thinking of

How to Make and Upload your AVATAR to your ATS profile. Step By Step Guide
edit on 20/4/11 by Whateva69 because: added link

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

This is the one I've been using.....( hopefully it helps snoopy..
):

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e90436e23fc.gif

Just re-did.....same problem.....

Edit! D'Oh!! I'm a numbskull! (Had the 'space' in there!!! Gotta slow down, or else, this):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2f49d03ae17.jpg[/atsimg]

Might want to add, for snoopy (it's in the "tutorial" but, anyhow...)....put your image, using now as avatar, in "background"....then that transparent gif on "top" in its place.....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

HI there

Thanks Weeedwhacker.

that has worked except my pic is now in 3 ....at least it is better than it was.

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Yes....I see, looking....you can adjust the width a bit (wider) using the tutorial info (If I recall, 170 pixels wide?)

Next, is more complicated. I think people use a photo program, add a solid color, cropping the bit you want.....put color "bars", top and bottom....make that the new "background", just the right size, (vert and horiz) and the "repeat" won't show in your mini-profile....(I think that's how it's done)....

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

ok did it as you said ....looks good apart from its a bit short....but i am happy with it .

many many thanks for your advice and help.

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i cant get my avatar to load looks like this is going to be a long road but im sure there is a short path
to get the job done or i need to buy a big screen to see the ins and outs of doing this simple task

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wackywackywowo

By right clicking on your picture, i can see the url you used. you need to go up the top of the page and click TOOLS then click PICTURES, you may have to re enter your ATS information. do that the click upload you can browes your computer for the file (picture) you want to use then you click uplaod. the picture will save to your own private ATS picture files.

Once you have done that click on the picture you uploaded, and copy the link USE AS ATS AVATAR or if you want to use it as your background picture like i have you need to copy USE AS YOU MINI-PROFILE BACGROUND

If you are using it at as your background you will need a clear see through avatar picture
I have one already in the above post here coppy and paste that into your AVATAR.

edit on 23/4/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OK i found it hooray..
This is by far the best avatar thread.

Sorry it wasn't by bigfatfurrytexan, it was SkepticOverlord

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

I recommend everyone read this, it is very helpful
edit on 23/4/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

thankyou whateva69 for your help got my avatar to load but not full size as it shows about half the photo
but i will use it as im wacky lol thankyou again Whateva69

new topics

top topics

join