It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Michelle Obama's plane involved in mid-air close call"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

It was a close call in mid-air for First Lady Michelle Obama. Her plane came dangerously close to a military cargo jet in the skies over Maryland

Source

I did do a search and found zilch on ATS for this…

So I saw this on the TV earlier this morning, after not finding it on here…
I figured it was a worthy mention…

The sourced website is doing the same as the TV program I watched this morning…

One person says, she was in imminent danger… the next says, she was in no danger what so ever…

While it was a close call, airline pilot Jim Baker says she wasn't in any real danger, and that things like this actually happen pretty often.

The show I watched earlier said her plane came within 3 miles of a 200-ton military cargo jet, a C-17

and was in danger of the backwash of the C-17

Current regulations state there must be 5 miles distance between all other aircraft and C-17's

And that the whole mistake was due to an error, that the Air Traffic Controller could have prevented..

I found you a better source here that explains more about, and is close to what i saw on the TV, wish I could find an article from the TV show... but I dont know what show it even was... sorries

Better Source

I do believe this a fine example of misleading news headlining... and fear mongering... and a waste of time...

wait...
I almost died just then!!!!
There was a 18 wheeler tractor and trailer that drove passed my house only 3 miles from where I am sitting!!!!

No, wait I was never in any real danger... or was I? Chem-trails anyone?

EDIT: Personally I'm glad the first lady was not in any real danger... she is human and has a family

edit on 4/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yeah I seen the news on this and it said she was never in danger and she didn't even know it was happening.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
diverting our attention from something else thats more important in the news/media perhaps?

edit on 20-4-2011 by wedidgothacked because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
maybe since its saying it coulda been avoided y a mistake that the air traffic controller made then maybe they are gonna really start cracking down on those lazy bums...i couldnt care less about the first lady but if these guys are that bad at what they do then maybe its time to get better off people in their positions already. its not like they have a hard job but still seems like its too much for some people

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Huh??? How did you "search"??

I just now, typed in "michelle obama"....into: ask.abovetopsecret.com...

Look....threads pop up....see thread titled Plane With Michelle Obama Had To abort landing due to mistake

Here is MY POST in the thread, from last night.

Also....I didn't see if the source you used said "mid-air close call"......but if it did, it is in complete ERROR. Over-blown, exagerrated and, well.....:Nuf said.....

....except to add.....just checked the source....sloppy "journalism" on their part.

...CNN is better, much more accurate: www.cnn.com...

Conflicting reports from last night led me to understand that the C-17 had landed, hence the way I wrote that other post. Reading CNN today, I see how it actually happened.

The minimum required separation in that case should have been 5 miles.

edit on 20 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
this is much ado about nothing....the plane she was on just had to go around one more time. with the information currently out there, i don't see why this has gained so much attention....on a side note, wasn't this the same day that congressman michelle bachman in a public speech, encouraged the republicans to vote AGAINST raising the federal budject debt ceiling? this would be catastrophic for every american, and barely a peep from MSM.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Huh??? How did you "search"??

I just now, typed in "michelle obama"....got THIS: ask.abovetopsecret.com...

Look....see thread titled Plane With Michelle Obama Had To abort landing due to mistake

Here is MY POST in the thread, from last night.

Also....I didn't see if the source you used said "mid-air close call"......but if it did, it is in complete ERROR. Over-blown, exagerrated and, well.....:Nuf said.....

....except to add.....just checked the source....sloppy "journalism" on their part. I liked their (one) reply, so far....spot on:

Wasn't the military transport plane still on the ground? The closest that these planes came to each other was 3 miles. Calling this a mid-air near miss is a gross exaggeration.

edit on 20 April 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

easy there... no need jumping on me...
I DID search...
I DID NOT find anything

But while you may have posted this first... you didn't seem to know that the MSM is calling it a "close call"
so i think my thread is worthy...

and yes... it is being called a close call and they are implying she was in danger...
yes, i agree very slopping journalism...
from what I watched on the news the C-17 had not landed yet when her plane first came within 3 miles of it... thats why they had to do "S" turn maneuvers to reduce speed and that was not enough so finally they circled the air field, cos the C-17 could not land fast enough

Mods: Remove thread if you wish...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Who cares? So what michael obama had to take another lap before it could land, big deal, it happens all the time at different airports. At least the cargo plane landed safely.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I wasn't "jumping on you". Last night, the preliminary story led me to understand that it went down as I wrote, in that post....but, now that I read a more accurate source, like CNN: www.cnn.com...

This is more correct:

... from what I watched on the news the C-17 had not landed yet when her plane first came within 3 miles of it... thats why they had to do "S" turn maneuvers to reduce speed and that was not enough so finally they circled the air field, cos the C-17 could not land fast enough ....

But, since you KNEW that....I still am puzzled by your choice of "source" in this thread???

SO, yes.....unlike my thought that it was more "last-minute" go-around because of a delay exiting the runway, I see it was just a routine loss of separation event. Been in same situations myself, countless times. S-turns, slowing as much as possible, etc (Or asked to increase, when in front....).

Knowing the weather yesterday, was (not sure what time, it cleared up in the afternoon) probably IMC...in visual conditions the burden of separation can be placed on the pilots, visually when the guy behind has the other "in sight".

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
damn, tread about empty suit's wife

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
EDIT: Personally I'm glad the first lady was not in any real danger... she is human and has a family

It is strange that these errors can occure with someone of high importance..

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by EvolEric

It is strange that these errors can occure with someone of high importance..

you know, I agree...
seems like they would "care" more about the president and his family...

I am surprised that the Secret Service don't actually take over the Air traffic control tower prior to the First Family, arriving in that area...

top topics

join