It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DESTINATION MOON 2020+: Who's going next?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
CHINA: The third stage will last from 2017 to 2020, during which China will launch recoverable moon rovers.

www.spacedaily.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

RUSSIA: Continuing to develop it's manned space program, and has now announced that it is planning to build a moon base by 2030.

www.thenewamerican.com...
www.spacedaily.com...

US/CANADA:"We will return to the Moon no later than 2020 and extend human presence across the Solar System and beyond," Dr Griffin said on Monday.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So who's going?...
No one?..
Everyone?...
Joint venture?...
Cuts to NASA puts U.S on hold?...
World recession putting the world on hold?...
Think it could "reunite" the World, even if only for one week?...

So many questions. Couldn't think of a better bunch of people whose brains I'd like to pick

IMO, U.S will be the first to return with the help of Canada. Simply for the fact they want to be 1st and 2nd.
Keep the strong appearance in the space industry. [Yes, it's an industry]

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

US finally has a space vehicle design that makes sense. The DIRECT launcher has been authorized. As far as I can tell, this can get a manned mission to the Moon.

DIRECT Launcher

Basically, they will take the current external tank and booster design. Instead of putting a shuttle on the side, they will put a traditional rocket style arrangement on the top capsule and all. Like we used to do during the Space race.

I'm shocked the Russians haven't sent a manned mission there already. They may have lost the Moon race, but they could still go. They have the experience and resources.

I don't think there is any realistic chance that China will get there by 2020. They would need to make massive investment in infrastructure and research, like America and Russia already did in the 60's.

I'd say joint venture. The major players from the International Space Station.

US, Japan, Canada, Russia, Europe.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't advocate books and hardly ever read books, but I want to mention this one... Who Built The Moon.
An Interview With Christopher Knight -
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

I'm not a believer that man landed on the moon TWICE in the 2nd half of 1969. Yes we landed and returned safely from the moon TWICE in late 1969 on live TV. Makes total sense doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
^ Please don't start that! (Plenty of threads elsewhere)

China does appear the most eager, but we don't hear much about their space programme unless it's launching a sattellite or rocket.

I think we can agree that regardless of who gets there next, WE WANT NEW 1080P PICTURES =)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Very telling and illuminating:

I.... hardly ever read books.....

But, you recommend one that is total rubbish? (Easily, demonstrably pure fiction and fantasy):

... Who Built The Moon.

I'm with OP on this.....though. 'Nuff said about that nonsense......

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I'm not a believer that man landed on the moon TWICE in the 2nd half of 1969. Yes we landed and returned safely from the moon TWICE in late 1969 on live TV. Makes total sense doesn't it?

Haaahaaa

Good one!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well it won't be the United States...what with Obama shutting down NASA and putting all of our space shuttles in museums.

The man hates NASA and is de-funding it into oblivion.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Undeniable proof of the Apollo 11 landing site, in photos:

(More to come, from "GoneToPlaid" as he pulls together all of the MANY photos of other landing sites).

@ the OP: Will be interesting to see how the Apollo (and other un-manned landing sites) are dealt with, in future. There are more than I care to bother to count, when you realize not only the "Surveyor" missions by NASA, but the USSR's as well....rovers, landers, etc.....AND, the debris from crashed vehicles, discarded items....most recently with additions from Japan and India......Though, doubt anyone will bother to "memorialize" places where the discarded LM ascent stages crashed....who knows, though??

(Might need to...just to shut up the "hoax" believers.....>sigh

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

US/CANADA:"We will return to the Moon no later than 2020 and extend human presence across the Solar System and beyond," Dr Griffin said on Monday.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry to break it to you, but that link is from Monday, 19 September 2005. That program was terminated by the president last year. For now, it's only China and Russia that have their sights set on the moon. U.S. is focused on probes, and in the near future, manned missions to an asteroid, and subsequently to Mars.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by FoosM

Undeniable proof of the Apollo 11 landing site, in photos:

Like those couldn't be faked.

Or are you going to argue that the country that landed on the moon couldn't fake a photo?

Note also the lack of any images of the landers from other Nations - they all comes from the prime suspect in the hoax.

People say the soviets could have blown the whistle, well post the pics of the landing sites taken by the soviets to prove that they could.

jra

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Or are you going to argue that the country that landed on the moon couldn't fake a photo?

What does landing on the Moon have to do with image editing? How are those abilities/technologies related?

Note also the lack of any images of the landers from other Nations

You mean like this? And this? The LRO has taken images of the Russian landers and rovers. Or are those fake too?

EDIT: Ok I read that last statement too quickly and thought you were saying there were no images from the LRO of landers sent by other nations. Either way, the LRO helped to find the exact location of Lunokhod 1 and now after 40 years they are able to bounce lasers off its reflector. Not bad for a supposedly fake image...
edit on 20-4-2011 by jra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
With the xprize challenge and the efforts of Virgin it may be the private sector next to land on the moon.

Also if the moon missions were not faked then its not hard to believe that the US has had a base on the moon for a very long time. Project Horizon was on the table long before we went to the moon...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Seems a senator is proposing a new "Moon" bill

news.yahoo.com...

jra

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Seems a senator is proposing a new "Moon" bill

While I'm all for going back to the Moon. This bill doesn't look good. They're pushing the continued development of the SLS, which I am not a fan of. It's a Shuttle-derived rocket and it's likely to cost a lot of money to develop and launch compared to the Commercial options. In my opinion the SLS is nothing more than some political pork project to create/keep jobs in certain States. In other words, they're just trying to keep Government funding flowing into there States, regardless if they manage to build a successful rocket or not.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but this is how it looks to me.

top topics

join